Science Disproves Evolution

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
10-11-2015, 09:40 AM
RE: Science Disproves Evolution
(10-11-2015 09:36 AM)izel Wrote:  You can't reason with someone whose belief is not based on reason to start with. There is no amount of evidence that one can provide to creationists that will undo their brainwashing. Facepalm

That feels good to say, but it isn't really true - is it?

Pick an atheist conference (your favourite, whatever that may be). How many of the speakers are former theists? The man who pays for this forum for us certainly was one...

If you mean to say, you can't reason in the moment with a closed mind, though, I would agree. Someone who's just looking for self-validation under the pretense of discussion isn't worth much time.

... this is my signature!
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 4 users Like cjlr's post
10-11-2015, 10:18 AM (This post was last modified: 10-11-2015 10:21 AM by izel.)
(10-11-2015 09:40 AM)cjlr Wrote:  
(10-11-2015 09:36 AM)izel Wrote:  You can't reason with someone whose belief is not based on reason to start with. There is no amount of evidence that one can provide to creationists that will undo their brainwashing. Facepalm

That feels good to say, but it isn't really true - is it?

Pick an atheist conference (your favourite, whatever that may be). How many of the speakers are former theists? The man who pays for this forum for us certainly was one...

If you mean to say, you can't reason in the moment with a closed mind, though, I would agree. Someone who's just looking for self-validation under the pretense of discussion isn't worth much time.

Well the difference between us and the creationists or theists is that we have accepted the overwhelming evidence and admitted what we thought we knew or whatever religion we were born in to was wrong and moved on. I didn't choose to be a Muslim, I was born into it and all my life at home and school was brainwashed by it. It was the word of Allah and was told to NEVER question. But to me that never meant I was going to walk blindfolded for the rest of my life. So I did what no Muslim would dare to do, I questioned the word of one and only the all knowing the all powerful mighty Allah. Only to realize he didn't know shit. I don't care what you believe just so we're clear, but when you try and disprove something that is a fact you are betraying religion and science all together.

1 Like = 1 Prayer
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like izel's post
10-11-2015, 10:30 AM
(10-11-2015 10:18 AM)izel Wrote:  
(10-11-2015 09:40 AM)cjlr Wrote:  That feels good to say, but it isn't really true - is it?

Well the difference between us and the creationists or theists is that we have accepted the overwhelming evidence and admitted what we thought we knew or whatever religion we were born in to was wrong and moved on. I didn't choose to be a Muslim, I was born into it and all my life at home and school was brainwashed by it. It was the word of Allah and was told to NEVER question. But to me that never meant I was going to walk blindfolded for the rest of my life. So I did what no Muslim would dare to do, I questioned the word of one and only the all knowing the all powerful mighty Allah. Only to realize he didn't know shit. I don't care what you believe just so we're clear, but when you try and disprove something that is a fact you are betraying religion and science all together.

No, I do understand that, and I am very glad that your intelligence led you where it did. But it is true that there are many people who were formerly devout believers and are now atheists. I do not think it is fair to say anything about all theists or even all creationists being unable to reason or reconsider, because many of them do change their minds. That is all I wished to point out.

... this is my signature!
[+] 1 user Likes cjlr's post
10-11-2015, 10:42 AM
(09-11-2015 10:52 PM)Kaiserj Wrote:  Some colorful spheres explain how all known elements which are in no way alive formed life by simple chance. Carbon and Hydrogen and Oxygen and Iron and Zinc and WHAT-THE-FUCK-EVER-ELSE created simple cells which created more complex cells that could utilize proteins and enzymes then those cells turned into multi-cell creatures that eventually turned into fish. Then eventually those fish turned into frogs. Then those frogs had butt sex with a squirrel and created some kind of fish squirrel hybrid. Then that Fish-squirrel had butt sex with a monkey-fish-frog and that created a monkey-frog-man. Your bullshit makes as much sense as a female cat humping a male pittbull. You sir, are a fucking moron. You surround yourself with "intelligence" and claim to understand everything but you are as clueless as everyone who thought the world was flat. I pity you so much. May God have mercy on your soul.

Save your pity for yourself. Fool. There are no gods. There are no souls.
(And thanks for proving to us you have not the slightest clue how evolution worked, or works.) Have a happy deluded life, with your nose in your fairy stories, (the Bible).

Get back to us, when you have your Nobel prize. You are unable to even begin to discuss even ONE point make in Dr Szostak's lecture series, much less refute even one.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
10-11-2015, 10:49 AM
(10-11-2015 10:30 AM)cjlr Wrote:  
(10-11-2015 10:18 AM)izel Wrote:  Well the difference between us and the creationists or theists is that we have accepted the overwhelming evidence and admitted what we thought we knew or whatever religion we were born in to was wrong and moved on. I didn't choose to be a Muslim, I was born into it and all my life at home and school was brainwashed by it. It was the word of Allah and was told to NEVER question. But to me that never meant I was going to walk blindfolded for the rest of my life. So I did what no Muslim would dare to do, I questioned the word of one and only the all knowing the all powerful mighty Allah. Only to realize he didn't know shit. I don't care what you believe just so we're clear, but when you try and disprove something that is a fact you are betraying religion and science all together.

No, I do understand that, and I am very glad that your intelligence led you where it did. But it is true that there are many people who were formerly devout believers and are now atheists. I do not think it is fair to say anything about all theists or even all creationists being unable to reason or reconsider, because many of them do change their minds. That is all I wished to point out.

I think we both are trying to make the same point here. My original comment was not to insult all theists. My reply was to 1st post that started the topic. Every single family member of mine is theists, and they mean the world to me. My thing is, by all means as long as it gives you comfort believe whatever you want. But, you try to shove it up in everybody's face by trying to disprove a FACT is an insult to all the years of study and hard work that has been put into the evolution.

1 Like = 1 Prayer
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like izel's post
10-11-2015, 03:14 PM
(10-11-2015 10:49 AM)izel Wrote:  But, you try to shove it up in everybody's face by trying to disprove a FACT is an insult to all the years of study and hard work that has been put into the evolution.

The funniest part is none of these fuckers has even read a biology textbook in their life, yet they feel confident as total novices in biology that the theory is wrong. Such breathtaking arrogance is... pretty fucken special, but they don't even *realise*. There's an anti-science narrative that goes "the evil scientists are working for the devil/the big corporations/<insert bugbear here> and *want* us to believe this ludicrous theory because the devil will be pleased/the corporations will make money/<insert fucken ridiculous alleged motive here>."

Dodgy Fucken douchey nincompoops.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 4 users Like morondog's post
11-11-2015, 12:18 AM
(10-11-2015 03:14 PM)morondog Wrote:  douchey nincompoops.

Once again with the great band/album names!

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
[+] 2 users Like RocketSurgeon76's post