Science Loving Atheist Here!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
05-11-2016, 04:06 AM
RE: Science Loving Atheist Here!
The unicorn is purple. Everyone knows that!

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Banjo's post
05-11-2016, 04:43 AM
Look what you've started. Not even on this website a week, and you've already started an atheist holy war over the color of our invisible magical friends.

This is why we can't have nice things.

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
[+] 4 users Like RocketSurgeon76's post
05-11-2016, 06:56 AM
Hello! Big Grin
05-11-2016, 07:05 AM
(05-11-2016 04:43 AM)RocketSurgeon76 Wrote:  Look what you've started. Not even on this website a week, and you've already started an atheist holy war over the color of our invisible magical friends.

This is why we can't have nice things.

My magical friend is a colorless being. It exists outside color. Things that have color must come from other things that have color and that would be an infinite regress which is impossible. Only a colorless being could have existed eternally outside color to have created all the colors. QED.

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
[+] 7 users Like unfogged's post
05-11-2016, 12:31 PM
Welcome!
05-11-2016, 02:06 PM
Welcome to the forum.

Join the Church of the One True Pancake. Unlike the dragons, unicorns, pumpkins and colourless friends, The Pancake doesn't pretend to do anything for you. It just tastes damned good. The rules are simple:

Thou shall partake of the sacrament of the body of The One True Pancake only with The Blood of The Tree. Thou shalt not partake of the Aunti-Jemima.

---
Flesh and blood of a dead star, slain in the apocalypse of supernova, resurrected by four billion years of continuous autocatalytic reaction and crowned with the emergent property of sentience in the dream that the universe might one day understand itself.
[+] 2 users Like Paleophyte's post
05-11-2016, 03:18 PM
Hey, guys, don't put our new friend off before he has hardly started.

He will think we are a bunch of nuts!

Er, um, . . . think I'll shut up now . . .

Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
[+] 2 users Like Gloucester's post
05-11-2016, 03:34 PM
Already scared off- only made one post! Tongue
05-11-2016, 08:48 PM
(04-11-2016 04:37 PM)kpeveler0001 Wrote:  Hello, everyone! I'm from Kentucky, or the "Ken Hamm" state. I'm a science student with a love of math, chemistry, and biology. I have watched several videos on YouTube from TheThinkingAtheist and the videos are absolutely beautiful. I have never really been a believer and I will never be. Even in high school, I had a teacher try to convert me to Christianity, and it only made me more convinced that there was never a divine being looking down at everyone from His place in the Heavens. I attended church with her a few times and asked several questions which, of course, were never truly answered. Nothing made sense and everyone just seemed like they weren't living in reality. Since then, I have developed an even bigger appreciation and love for science. It angers me to see young children be sucked into this world of lies, confusion, and hatred that has been a prominent source of violence and prejudice. We need scientists if we are going to continue to unravel the mysteries of the universe and make our world a better place. We continue to need new medicines and new technology to help those in need and to help those who can't help themselves. I hope that one day humankind can live in a world free of all religions. I hope that we can live in a world that encourages critical thinking and a love for all.

Unfortunately there are still many people who need the comfort of the possibility of an after life to ease the "possibility" of no life after death. That is a scary vision for many.

After all we are conscience of the awareness of things around us and many of us want that conscientiousness to continue after the death of the body. Any other possibility is antithetical to reality.

Hope I've made sense here.

Today is the best day of my life and tomorrow will be even better.
Robert himself
06-11-2016, 03:12 PM
(05-11-2016 03:18 PM)Gloucester Wrote:  Hey, guys, don't put our new friend off before he has hardly started.

He will think we are a bunch of nuts!

Er, um, . . . think I'll shut up now . . .

Hey, I'm a woman! However, I do think you all are nuts. Tongue
[+] 5 users Like kpeveler0001's post