Science+Religion

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
22-10-2016, 02:58 PM
Science+Religion
"The test tubes in my lab have concluded that you are going to hell!"

I think this silly statement summarizes the very essence of what you get when you try to combine science with religion.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
22-10-2016, 03:03 PM
RE: Science+Religion
(22-10-2016 02:58 PM)SuperMarioGamer Wrote:  "The test tubes in my lab have concluded that you are going to hell!"

I think this silly statement summarizes the very essence of what you get when you try to combine science with religion.

You forget the very ... interesting ... mechanical devices developed to promote proper thinking during the Inquisition. Some splendid science, albeit empirical, seen in those tools of love and faith.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Gawdzilla's post
22-10-2016, 04:51 PM
Yes. Very silly.

---
Flesh and blood of a dead star, slain in the apocalypse of supernova, resurrected by four billion years of continuous autocatalytic reaction and crowned with the emergent property of sentience in the dream that the universe might one day understand itself.
23-10-2016, 05:53 AM
(22-10-2016 02:58 PM)SuperMarioGamer Wrote:  ........ to combine science with religion.

With a false religion:

23-10-2016, 06:04 AM
(23-10-2016 05:53 AM)theBorg Wrote:  
(22-10-2016 02:58 PM)SuperMarioGamer Wrote:  ........ to combine science with religion.

With a false religion:

Human sacrifice at CERN - Snopes

[Image: 54331326.jpg]

Gods derive their power from post-hoc rationalizations. -The Inquisition

Using the supernatural to explain events in your life is a failure of the intellect to comprehend the world around you. -The Inquisition
[+] 4 users Like TheInquisition's post
23-10-2016, 06:33 AM
Finding a scientist who is devoutly religious isn't unheard of - but it's on par with finding a lesbian that loves penis.

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
23-10-2016, 06:44 AM
[Image: 3645007-52369-will-ferrell-gif-by-the-beard-rava.gif]
23-10-2016, 07:09 AM
As long as said scientist keeps their science clean while sciencing, it shouldn't matter what they do in their free time. Contemplating how science and religion match up is very fascinating to me, but i know where the division is made and my religion doesn't enter my classrooms.
[+] 3 users Like Aliza's post
23-10-2016, 08:22 AM
(23-10-2016 06:04 AM)TheInquisition Wrote:  
(23-10-2016 05:53 AM)theBorg Wrote:  With a false religion:

Human sacrifice at CERN - Snopes

[Image: 54331326.jpg]

I finally quit going on Facebook because I got tired of having to Snopes.com everything my family posts.

Seriously, none of them ever check! And only a couple have actually expressed anything like gratitude for "oh, wow, I didn't realize what I was saying was total bullshit-- thank you, Rocket, for helping me to not make a fool out of myself in the future!"

Nope.

It's always *my* fault for not letting them have their comfortable (or entertaining) delusions.

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
[+] 2 users Like RocketSurgeon76's post
23-10-2016, 08:36 AM
(23-10-2016 05:53 AM)theBorg Wrote:  

With a false religion...
[Image: moron-alert.jpg]

I'm a creationist... I believe that man created God.
[+] 1 user Likes SYZ's post