Video Science Saved My Soul

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 7 users Like Raptor Jesus's post
16-03-2014, 09:55 AM
RE: Science Saved My Soul
Oldie but a goodie.
Thumbsup

I remember the first time I saw that video. I think a lot of people who are freshly deconverted have all had that, "I remember the way it made me felt the first time I saw it."

I think finding others who are able to explain things in a beautiful and inspiring manner when you're having a bad day is necessary and wonderful.

Official ordained minister of the Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster. Please pm me with prayer requests to his noodly goodness. Remember, he boiled for your sins and loves you. Carbo Diem! RAmen.
16-03-2014, 10:13 AM
Oh, didn't know it was old. I had never seen this one before. I don't even know who is speaking in it.

16-03-2014, 10:18 AM (This post was last modified: 16-03-2014 10:26 AM by Logisch.)
(16-03-2014 10:13 AM)Raptor Jesus Wrote:  Oh, didn't know it was old. I had never seen this one before. I don't even know who is speaking in it.

His channel name is philhellenes. Although, I don't think his actual name is "phil hellenes"... philhellenes is a word that refers to a type of philosophy or philosophers of a genre, or I suppose more accurately a cultural greek thing... reference. Although if his actual name is "phil hellenes" that's pretty rad.

These are some more of his, of which are some I greatly enjoy.

Official ordained minister of the Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster. Please pm me with prayer requests to his noodly goodness. Remember, he boiled for your sins and loves you. Carbo Diem! RAmen.
[+] 4 users Like Logisch's post
16-03-2014, 11:11 AM
That was beautiful. I actually had tears in my eyes.

The requirement of evidence to back your claim does not disappear because it hurts your feelings, reality does not care about your feefees.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
16-03-2014, 11:14 AM
(16-03-2014 11:11 AM)Blackhand293 Wrote:  That was beautiful. I actually had tears in my eyes.

If you liked that, and if you haven't seen this one yet already, you must watch this one with Neil deGrasse Tyson. It's one of my favorites.

It's much shorter though...

[+] 3 users Like Raptor Jesus's post
16-03-2014, 11:52 AM
I loved that! Brilliant and really thought provoking. Instead of sharing my views with religious friends, etc who don't understand why I've abandoned religion, I should just send them this clip. Awesome. Smile

The beauty of the heart, is the lasting beauty. - Rumi Heart
[+] 1 user Likes Deidre32's post
16-03-2014, 12:05 PM
Science saved my soul, because it is not like a god was going to do it any way.

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] ♪僕は恐怖の一定した状態に住んで、不幸、逃すもう?僕は、それはもう痛いときも気づかないと
16-03-2014, 12:43 PM
Love that vid. I actually make it a point to watch it about every couple of months or so. One of my favorites! Thumbsup

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
16-03-2014, 06:39 PM
Its like the Christopher Hitchens one "If You Want To Be Awe Inspired"...

It had a very powerful effect on me the first time I saw it.

Theists have the nerve to say we atheists are spiritually dead... That is spiritual. No gods, no myths, just reality in all its glory.

[img]

via GIPHY

[/img]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user