Science Will Prove God's Existence By Proving He Doesn't

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
18-05-2016, 01:05 PM
Science Will Prove God's Existence By Proving He Doesn't
While the religious spend their hours on their knees in various states of worship and desire for assistance and getting nowhere science has been busy getting places with real answers, in particular getting answers about how our minds work, charting the labyrinth of neurons and chemistry with sharpening precision. Soon, and by soon my guess is no more than a few decades, science will have positively identified every nuance and spark of god in the human mind with its exact map of all factors, biological and environmental. Plot a person's psychological and environmental circumstances and there on the map will be their degree of belief in a god to 8 decimal places. God exists - as an artifact of our cerebral cortex, measurable and predictable as sunrise. And by extension, does NOT exist in any other context, such as "out there" - because if such a thing DID exist "out there", it would not be able to be fully predictable and defined by a process of mind alone.

Maybe as soon as 10 years. Our scientific landscape is enlarging exponentially, making it all the more difficult to find a place to kneel and be useless.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 8 users Like Airportkid's post
18-05-2016, 01:12 PM
RE: Science Will Prove God's Existence By Proving He Doesn't
(18-05-2016 01:05 PM)Airportkid Wrote:  God exists - as an artifact of our cerebral cortex, measurable and predictable as sunrise. And by extension, does NOT exist in any other context, such as "out there" - because if such a thing DID exist "out there", it would not be able to be fully predictable and defined by a process of mind alone. {emphasis Mine}

I hope you realize that the bolded words are an awesome realization that explain virtually everything about human religion.

And as a neurology geek, I'm delighted to see neuroscientists digging gods out of the one tiny gap where they were hiding all along.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 7 users Like Astreja's post
18-05-2016, 02:03 PM
(18-05-2016 01:05 PM)Airportkid Wrote:  While the religious spend their hours on their knees in various states of worship and desire for assistance and getting nowhere science has been busy getting places with real answers, in particular getting answers about how our minds work, charting the labyrinth of neurons and chemistry with sharpening precision. Soon, and by soon my guess is no more than a few decades, science will have positively identified every nuance and spark of god in the human mind with its exact map of all factors, biological and environmental. Plot a person's psychological and environmental circumstances and there on the map will be their degree of belief in a god to 8 decimal places. God exists - as an artifact of our cerebral cortex, measurable and predictable as sunrise. And by extension, does NOT exist in any other context, such as "out there" - because if such a thing DID exist "out there", it would not be able to be fully predictable and defined by a process of mind alone.

Maybe as soon as 10 years. Our scientific landscape is enlarging exponentially, making it all the more difficult to find a place to kneel and be useless.

They will just ignore it. I see a day when they will be clamoring to get the study of the religious explanation of consciousness taught along side this new neuroscience that you predict and I agree with your prediction.

Do not lose your knowledge that man's proper estate is an upright posture, an intransigent mind and a step that travels unlimited roads. - Ayn Rand.

Don't sacrifice for me, live for yourself! - Me

The only alternative to Objectivism is some form of Subjectivism. - Dawson Bethrick
[+] 1 user Likes true scotsman's post
18-05-2016, 02:12 PM
(18-05-2016 02:03 PM)true scotsman Wrote:  They will just ignore it. I see a day when they will be clamoring to get the study of the religious explanation of consciousness taught along side this new neuroscience that you predict and I agree with your prediction.

I agree, they can always say the need for a god belief is programmed into us because God is real, just like their defense of the instincts we have to be moral. They believe it wasn't an evolved trait, it was a gift from God. If you truly believe we were created by a god then everything we think and feel is due to them and always goes back around, it will destroy a free will argument but they constantly dismiss it anyway when they talk about god having a plan for each of us or when he granted a vision to non-believers so they would convert. Their confirmation bias is so severe nothing can disprove their belief, it will only reinforce it.

[Image: sagansig_zps6vhbql6m.jpg]
18-05-2016, 09:09 PM
(18-05-2016 02:12 PM)SitaSky Wrote:  
(18-05-2016 02:03 PM)true scotsman Wrote:  They will just ignore it. I see a day when they will be clamoring to get the study of the religious explanation of consciousness taught along side this new neuroscience that you predict and I agree with your prediction.

I agree, they can always say the need for a god belief is programmed into us because God is real, just like their defense of the instincts we have to be moral. They believe it wasn't an evolved trait, it was a gift from God. If you truly believe we were created by a god then everything we think and feel is due to them and always goes back around, it will destroy a free will argument but they constantly dismiss it anyway when they talk about god having a plan for each of us or when he granted a vision to non-believers so they would convert. Their confirmation bias is so severe nothing can disprove their belief, it will only reinforce it.

One thing religious people are good at is rationalizing. They also don't have a problem accepting contradictions. I remember once a while ago on a forum with a lot of Christians, one of them came over to a thread about science that I was posting on and asked me to come over to another thread and comment on their argument that the big bang proves God. They had seized on one line from an article and they were claiming that Genesis was consistent with it. I pointed out the logical errors in their argument and they told me straight out that pointing out logical problems to them was useless. At least they were honest.

Do not lose your knowledge that man's proper estate is an upright posture, an intransigent mind and a step that travels unlimited roads. - Ayn Rand.

The only alternative to Objectivism is some form of Subjectivism. - Dawson Bethrick
18-05-2016, 09:24 PM
(18-05-2016 09:09 PM)true scotsman Wrote:  
(18-05-2016 02:12 PM)SitaSky Wrote:  I agree, they can always say the need for a god belief is programmed into us because God is real, just like their defense of the instincts we have to be moral. They believe it wasn't an evolved trait, it was a gift from God. If you truly believe we were created by a god then everything we think and feel is due to them and always goes back around, it will destroy a free will argument but they constantly dismiss it anyway when they talk about god having a plan for each of us or when he granted a vision to non-believers so they would convert. Their confirmation bias is so severe nothing can disprove their belief, it will only reinforce it.

One thing religious people are good at is rationalizing. They also don't have a problem accepting contradictions. I remember once a while ago on a forum with a lot of Christians, one of them came over to a thread about science that I was posting on and asked me to come over to another thread and comment on their argument that the big bang proves God. They had seized on one line from an article and they were claiming that Genesis was consistent with it. I pointed out the logical errors in their argument and they told me straight out that pointing out logical problems to them was useless. At least they were honest.

Bolding mine. I'd be blushing scarlet in embarrassment having made a comment like that. This sort of willful ignorance is why I don't frequent the theistic parts of this or any other forum.
18-05-2016, 09:31 PM
(18-05-2016 09:24 PM)Fireball Wrote:  
(18-05-2016 09:09 PM)true scotsman Wrote:  One thing religious people are good at is rationalizing. They also don't have a problem accepting contradictions. I remember once a while ago on a forum with a lot of Christians, one of them came over to a thread about science that I was posting on and asked me to come over to another thread and comment on their argument that the big bang proves God. They had seized on one line from an article and they were claiming that Genesis was consistent with it. I pointed out the logical errors in their argument and they told me straight out that pointing out logical problems to them was useless. At least they were honest.

Bolding mine. I'd be blushing scarlet in embarrassment having made a comment like that. This sort of willful ignorance is why I don't frequent the theistic parts of this or any other forum.

I had to stop going there. Every time an article about science was posted, they came and mocked and sneered and made such ill informed comments as to cause one's head to explode. Oh but on their section of the forum, they were protected from the same thing by atheists. Special rules you know. Pussies.

18-05-2016, 10:02 PM
you underestimate apologists. they can spin shit into gold.
[+] 1 user Likes Dark Wanderer's post
19-05-2016, 05:48 AM
(18-05-2016 10:02 PM)Dark Wanderer Wrote:  you underestimate apologists. they can spin shit into gold.

actually they just spray deodorant and gold paint over it
[+] 1 user Likes Ace's post
19-05-2016, 09:28 AM
(18-05-2016 09:09 PM)true scotsman Wrote:  
(18-05-2016 02:12 PM)SitaSky Wrote:  I agree, they can always say the need for a god belief is programmed into us because God is real, just like their defense of the instincts we have to be moral. They believe it wasn't an evolved trait, it was a gift from God. If you truly believe we were created by a god then everything we think and feel is due to them and always goes back around, it will destroy a free will argument but they constantly dismiss it anyway when they talk about god having a plan for each of us or when he granted a vision to non-believers so they would convert. Their confirmation bias is so severe nothing can disprove their belief, it will only reinforce it.

I think we'll figure out how abiogenesis happened before long, I wonder how they'll spin that one? More of the same I suspect.

Gods derive their power from post-hoc rationalizations. -The Inquisition

Using the supernatural to explain events in your life is a failure of the intellect to comprehend the world around you. -The Inquisition