Science Will Prove God's Existence By Proving He Doesn't

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
19-05-2016, 10:13 PM
RE: Science Will Prove God's Existence By Proving He Doesn't
(18-05-2016 09:31 PM)true scotsman Wrote:  
(18-05-2016 09:24 PM)Fireball Wrote:  Bolding mine. I'd be blushing scarlet in embarrassment having made a comment like that. This sort of willful ignorance is why I don't frequent the theistic parts of this or any other forum.

I had to stop going there. Every time an article about science was posted, they came and mocked and sneered and made such ill informed comments as to cause one's head to explode. Oh but on their section of the forum, they were protected from the same thing by atheists. Special rules you know. Pussies.

Yup, the same anywhere you go with those people. There is a gap that logic can't cross one way, and a gap faith can't cross coming the other way, unless one is willing to spend some skull sweat on it, or be educated as a child to see that faith is just wishful thinking. Then, it's just partisan politics and the gang mentality.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
21-05-2016, 09:21 AM
To me whether god exisits or whether he doesn't isn't as important anymore. What I learned about the christian god, (who is by the way also the god of the Jewish and all gods of all religious who in the end created this imperfect world), is that god is evil and not good. I also learned that he's not all perfect all wise nor all powerful. That's what made me atheist because there is no such thing as a perfect and good all powerful God. If there was one we wouldn't be living here in this world( hell). To me imperfection is hell and the animals that made this disaster are the devil and his angels and demons.
21-05-2016, 07:29 PM
I still fall back on the ol' tried and trusted response.....

It's the task of the proponents of any claim—in this case that gods exist—to provide empirical evidence to support that claim. It's not the task of the opponents to provide evidence that disproves the claim. That'd be like asking theists to prove that leprechauns don't exist, despite there being numerous written, eye-witness accounts in the registers from centuries-old Irish churches.

I'm a creationist... I believe that man created God.