Science against evolution

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
18-01-2013, 01:42 AM
RE: Science against evolution
Poe's law again - no emoticons in your post so no way to distinguish whether you were making a joke or missing the boat.

Pro tip; go with the emoticons. Wink

"Whores perform the same function as priests, but far more thoroughly." - Robert A. Heinlein
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Aseptic Skeptic's post
18-01-2013, 01:50 AM
(18-01-2013 01:40 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  
(18-01-2013 01:32 AM)SarnDarkholm Wrote:  And apparently somebody doesn't recognize humor.

We have emoticons, use them... Tongue

Emoticons are against my religion......
[+] 1 user Likes SarnDarkholm's post
18-01-2013, 01:58 AM
Humor existed in written form and spoken form before emoticons. I wouldn't want to see a standup comedian hold up an emoticon to tell me when he's telling a joke, but that's just me.
[+] 1 user Likes SarnDarkholm's post
18-01-2013, 02:01 AM
With the spoken form of humour, exists subtle tones in the voice of the speaker which, unless they are supremely skilled, give away that they are telling a joke.

In written form, authors usually show a character is joking by adding a descriptor; He said jokingly, he grinned as he, she smiled at her own wit, I hid a smile, etc.

On the internet however, you cannot use either means unless through voice or video chat, or role playing.

*PS I did not mean the hit the like button, I had wished to edit my response, but it was not showing when I clicked.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
[+] 1 user Likes Free Thought's post
18-01-2013, 02:06 AM
So when I read America The Book or Earth, A Visitors Guide, where does it say "Stephen Colbert said jokingly" or "Jon Stewart said with a wry grin"
18-01-2013, 02:07 AM
To OP.

I think I will just skip all these 13 pages of your answers and try to figure out only one thing. Who in their right mind would go to a web site that looks like this one and then actually believe anything it is written there? Science against evolution? First of all, that is an oxymoron, it is the very definition of that word. You don't know what it means? It means exactly that.

Can someone tell me, how is it that one can know so much about biology, science, physics, evolution, beginning of life, yet they are unable to make a web site that looks like a web site? Why is it that this site looks like it came out from the early 90's, it is completely unreadable, with bright strange colors and ads... So much ads and shit...

Next time when someone want to point out their sources and claims, please, use something that will actually benefit your cause, not something that will discredit you in the first half of a second.

This site can go to the "Worst websites in the world" page.

Smile

[Image: a6505fe8.jpg]
I have a theory that the truth is never told during the nine-to-five hours.
-Hunter S. Thompson
[+] 1 user Likes Filox's post
18-01-2013, 02:12 AM
Or in Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy, the book is written in a very serious tone even tho ridiculous things are constantly happening.

My point is I shouldn't have to rely on emoticons ( something I rarely use in the first place either due to laziness on my part or forgetfulness.) My original statement that Pokemon would be a boring game without evolution itself was clearly a joke. How is it my fault that someone wanted to be a knowitall and say "actually evolution in Pokemon is really bla bla bla".
18-01-2013, 02:12 AM
(18-01-2013 02:06 AM)SarnDarkholm Wrote:  So when I read America The Book or Earth, A Visitors Guide, where does it say "Stephen Colbert said jokingly" or "Jon Stewart said with a wry grin"
I said "usually", often the language itself implies humour or irony. However, your "jokes" did not carry any implication of humour. And, if they did, they were likely skipped over due to the mind boggling amount of stupid that has been here recently.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
18-01-2013, 02:18 AM
(18-01-2013 02:12 AM)Free Thought Wrote:  
(18-01-2013 02:06 AM)SarnDarkholm Wrote:  So when I read America The Book or Earth, A Visitors Guide, where does it say "Stephen Colbert said jokingly" or "Jon Stewart said with a wry grin"
I said "usually", often the language itself implies humour or irony. However, your "jokes" did not carry any implication of humour. And, if they did, they were likely skipped over due to the mind boggling amount of stupid that has been here recently.

It's a fundamentalist conspiracy to cause infighting among the atheists in this thread. Yep. Totally.
18-01-2013, 02:19 AM
Dodgy

[+] 1 user Likes Free Thought's post