Science excels where prayer fails

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
12-12-2014, 01:03 PM
Science excels where prayer fails
What are the chances of being able to SCUBA dive if you are wheelchair bound?

I suppose you could pray every day for new legs OR you could get on this sweet ride! Take a look.

The entire TEDx talk with video:
http://youtu.be/PCWIGN3181U

To the underwater wheelchair video segment:

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Full Circle's post
12-12-2014, 01:10 PM
RE: Science excels where prayer fails
I have never been scuba diving, but I want to. I want so see eels and sharks and lion fish and angler fish.

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
12-12-2014, 04:54 PM
(12-12-2014 01:10 PM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  I have never been scuba diving, but I want to. I want so see eels and sharks and lion fish and angler fish.

Cool! There is a one day introductory class called Discover Scuba Diving offered by PADI. You'll be acquainted with the gear in a pool then taken out to do shallow dives with the instructor by your side. If you like it then you can take the Open Water Course, a portion of which (theory) you can do online, the balance is water skills and then 4 dives.

I'd love to have have along where we're going tomorrow. We're doing a "muck" dive looking for bizarre and cryptic species just off the beach. Eels, morays, octopus, batfish, seahorses, Flying gurnards, Sea robins, pipefish and on and on.

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
12-12-2014, 10:45 PM
(12-12-2014 04:54 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  
(12-12-2014 01:10 PM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  I have never been scuba diving, but I want to. I want so see eels and sharks and lion fish and angler fish.

Cool! There is a one day introductory class called Discover Scuba Diving offered by PADI. You'll be acquainted with the gear in a pool then taken out to do shallow dives with the instructor by your side. If you like it then you can take the Open Water Course, a portion of which (theory) you can do online, the balance is water skills and then 4 dives.

I'd love to have have along where we're going tomorrow. We're doing a "muck" dive looking for bizarre and cryptic species just off the beach. Eels, octopus, batfish, seahorses, Flying gurnards, Sea robins, pipefish and on and on.

Where I live I used to bird watch. Might just pick that up again. You plan on diving in other countries?

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
13-12-2014, 02:43 PM

SCUBA would get you three out of four, but angler fish exist at a depth that would crush a wet suit diver. My father is a licensed SCUBA diver, and he was fond of wreck diving in the Great Lakes.

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
13-12-2014, 03:06 PM
(13-12-2014 02:43 PM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  

SCUBA would get you three out of four, but angler fish exist at a depth that would crush a wet suit diver. My father is a licensed SCUBA diver, and he was fond of wreck diving in the Great Lakes.

Well there is one. Still an angler fish doe.