Science experiments for kids?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
28-10-2013, 11:20 AM
Information Science experiments for kids?
I did a quick search and couldn't find a thread like this, so I apologize if it exists somewhere already.

My daughter has a science fair coming up in a few months and I need some cool ideas on something she can do for it. She's in 4th grade and attends a science magnet school, so I expect there to be a lot of good displays.

Any ideas are appreciated!

Believe nothing, no matter where you read it, or who has said it- not even if I have said it- unless it agrees with your own reason and your own common sense. - Buddha
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
28-10-2013, 11:42 AM
RE: Science experiments for kids?
I am learning Arduino projects with my 10 year old son. Not too expensive and lots of things to do plus it can be reused for other things.
[+] 1 user Likes devilsadvoc8's post
28-10-2013, 11:58 AM
(28-10-2013 11:42 AM)devilsadvoc8 Wrote:  I am learning Arduino projects with my 10 year old son. Not too expensive and lots of things to do plus it can be reused for other things.

I googled that and found a few websites with cool projects. I'll look at them more later to see if I can find anything suitable. Thanks!

Believe nothing, no matter where you read it, or who has said it- not even if I have said it- unless it agrees with your own reason and your own common sense. - Buddha
28-10-2013, 12:06 PM
(28-10-2013 11:20 AM)Ohio Sky Wrote:  My daughter has a science fair coming up in a few months and I need some cool ideas on something she can do for it. She's in 4th grade and attends a science magnet school, so I expect there to be a lot of good displays.

Well, obviously it should be something involving magnets.

Drinking Beverage

... this is my signature!
[+] 2 users Like cjlr's post
28-10-2013, 06:07 PM
http://www.youtube.com/user/SteveSpanglerScience

Give me your argument in the form of a published paper, and then we can start to talk.
28-10-2013, 06:50 PM
Oh.... I thought you meant "science experiments on kids "

. . . ................................ ......................................... . [Image: 2dsmnow.gif] Eat at Joe's
[+] 3 users Like Slowminded's post
28-10-2013, 11:25 PM
(28-10-2013 06:07 PM)Hafnof Wrote:  http://www.youtube.com/user/SteveSpanglerScience

The science fair isn't until January so this may not help much but I'm totally using some of these for Halloween!

28-10-2013, 11:50 PM
What is a magnet school

Theism is to believe what other people claim, Atheism is to ask "why should I".
29-10-2013, 03:30 PM
(28-10-2013 11:50 PM)sporehux Wrote:  What is a magnet school

It's a school that has a specialty program in a specific subject to attract gifted students (in theory). In reality, people sign their kids up as infants to get them on the program for 5th or 6th grade because the wait is that long. My daughter will never be able to participate in the program.

30-10-2013, 03:37 AM (This post was last modified: 30-10-2013 03:41 AM by Heywood Jahblome.)
Here's some

[Image: pic31947.jpg]

[Image: hilarious-funny-fake-science-fair-projects-20.jpg]

[Image: science8_Some_FUNNY_Science_Projects_LOL...13-580.jpg]

[Image: Science-Fair-Projects-13-640x433.jpg]
[+] 1 user Likes Heywood Jahblome's post