Science has FINALLY caught up with the bible!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
19-12-2014, 07:08 AM
Science has FINALLY caught up with the bible!
I'm in the process of watching this video. Smile She's actually not awful to listen to compared to the host guy. He's kind of...ugh, eccentric? Ass-ish?

My grandma and mom love Dr. Caroline Leaf. She basically teaches about the brain and toxic thoughts, and how that matches up with what the bible says.

"Most people are other people.
Their thoughts are someone else's opinions,
their lives a mimicry,
their passions a quotation."
-Oscar Wilde
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
19-12-2014, 07:27 AM
RE: Science has FINALLY caught up with the bible!
Crap.........When the theist cannot debunk science they try to co opt science. They've been doing this since Darwin and Christianity isn't the only one attempting this bullshit tactic. Science does not prop up any holy book and is not dependent on any religion or holy book.

Humans simply cannot stand that we are NOT the center of the universe. It is our species childish narcissism.

Poetry by Brian37(poems by an atheist) Also on Facebook as BrianJames Rational Poet and Twitter Brianrrs37
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Brian37's post
19-12-2014, 07:51 AM (This post was last modified: 19-12-2014 07:58 AM by DLJ.)
I listened to 50 seconds of the intro before I started to feel my brain cells decaying.

The surprise answer to all those teaser questions is ... NO!

Facepalm

5 minutes in... it's a Poe thing, right? Please tell me it's a Poe.

Weeping

[+] 1 user Likes DLJ's post
19-12-2014, 07:56 AM

I'm not gonna watch it, after watching the museum mom video, I'm not gonna risk my braincells

but I can guess that these people will say that the bible has known stuff that science has only begun to figure out

give us something not already known and source it to the bible and collect your damn Nobel prize
[+] 1 user Likes Ace's post
19-12-2014, 07:58 AM
(19-12-2014 07:51 AM)DLJ Wrote:  I listened to 50 seconds of the intro before I started to feel my brain cells decaying.

Facepalm

Label of religion does not matter. Once the idiot says "My book matches science" they are lying their ass off.

Poetry by Brian37(poems by an atheist) Also on Facebook as BrianJames Rational Poet and Twitter Brianrrs37
19-12-2014, 09:10 AM
(19-12-2014 07:58 AM)Brian37 Wrote:  
(19-12-2014 07:51 AM)DLJ Wrote:  I listened to 50 seconds of the intro before I started to feel my brain cells decaying.

Facepalm

Label of religion does not matter. Once the idiot says "My book matches science" they are lying their ass off.

religious books and scientific books have somethings in common with each other

both use language to communicate stuff to people,
both use some form of media to record information on so others can access it,
both say things that almost everyone can understand on some level (what either actually say is a whole other story)

and thats it.............. there are no other similarities Drinking Beverage

unless it these things they have nothing in else common
19-12-2014, 09:37 AM
Honest science will never know what the bible claims to know.
[+] 1 user Likes pablo's post
19-12-2014, 09:54 AM
(19-12-2014 09:37 AM)pablo Wrote:  Honest science will never know what the bible claims to know.

Honest science doesn't need a holy book so it does not mater what an ancient comic book claims.

19-12-2014, 10:03 AM (This post was last modified: 19-12-2014 10:07 AM by tear151.)
Yes you're right, just last week a team of marine biologists took turns in being eaten by giant fish.

When people say science concurs with the bible, what they usually actually mean is "Some rather bizarre and esoteric interpretation of some scripture can possibly be interpreted to match what science says"

"A witty quote means nothing"
[+] 1 user Likes tear151's post
19-12-2014, 11:45 PM
The Bible was written so it would offer some explanation for the questions that everyone had during the time it was written. Science was not invented until many centuries later. Today - in this time - science offers the best explanation. In the centuries since many of them have been answered in a better way by science and some still struggles to find data for e.g how did life start - here or anywhere?