Science has FINALLY caught up with the bible!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
20-12-2014, 10:42 AM
RE: Science has FINALLY caught up with the bible!
The interesting thing about religious books is that they only offer scientifically accurate explanations after science comes up with the explanation. Until that happens, either the text is so vague that no one knows what it means, or everyone thinks it means something completely wrong.

Bible: The earth was created fairly recently over a seven day period.

Thousands of years and later....

Science: the earth is billions of years old
Bible: Um...well...this verse says a million years is like one day from God's perspective, so the Bible knew that all along. Checkmate!
Science: Facepalm

"I feel as though the camera is almost a kind of voyeur in Mr. Beans life, and you just watch this bizarre man going about his life in the way that he wants to."

-Rowan Atkinson
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like Can_of_Beans's post
20-12-2014, 10:49 AM
(19-12-2014 09:54 AM)Brian37 Wrote:  
(19-12-2014 09:37 AM)pablo Wrote:  Honest science will never know what the bible claims to know.

Honest science doesn't need a holy book so it does not mater what an ancient comic book claims.

What I meant was, the bible claims to have all the answers, science can never honestly make that claim.
20-12-2014, 06:04 PM
(19-12-2014 11:45 PM)Martyrbca Wrote:  The Bible was written so it would offer some explanation for the questions that everyone had during the time it was written. Science was not invented until many centuries later. Today - in this time - science offers the best explanation. In the centuries since many of them have been answered in a better way by science and some still struggles to find data for e.g how did life start - here or anywhere?

Maybe if I become a theologian I can commit murder and convince the court that the laws on murder had been misinterpreted this whole time!

"A witty quote means nothing"
21-12-2014, 05:25 PM
[Image: magic-and-dirt.jpg]
[+] 2 users Like Bear100's post