Science has fixed Astrology

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
13-01-2011, 12:55 AM
Science has fixed Astrology
http://gawker.com/5732115/your-zodiac-si...ve-changed
Quote:Astronomers have restored the original Babylonian zodiac by recalculating the dates that correspond with each sign to accommodate millennia of subtle shifts in the Earth's axis. Prepare to have your minds blown, all you people with easily blowable minds.

Here is the zodiac as the ancient Babylonians intended it—with the dates corresponding to the times of the year that the sun is actually in each constellation's "house"—according to the Minnesota Planetarium Society's Parke Kunkle:

Capricorn: Jan. 20-Feb. 16.
Aquarius: Feb. 16-March 11.
Pisces: March 11-April 18.
Aries: April 18-May 13.
Taurus: May 13-June 21.
Gemini: June 21-July 20.
Cancer: July 20-Aug. 10.
Leo: Aug. 10-Sept. 16.
Virgo: Sept. 16-Oct. 30.
Libra: Oct. 30-Nov. 23.
Scorpio: Nov. 23-29.
Ophiuchus:* Nov. 29-Dec. 17.
Sagittarius: Dec. 17-Jan. 20.
* Discarded by the Babylonians because they wanted 12 signs per year.

I'm not an Aquarius anymore?

[Image: buddhasig.png]
“Believe nothing, no matter where you read it, or who said it, no matter if I have said it, unless it agrees with your own reason and your own common sense.” ~ Gautama Buddha
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
13-01-2011, 06:41 AM
RE: Science has fixed Astrology
As skeptics, this affects us how ? Tongue
Find all posts by this user
13-01-2011, 07:45 AM

We can finally embrace astrology knowing it is backed by science (or so says the astrologer)!
Quote this message in a reply
13-01-2011, 08:20 AM
(13-01-2011 06:41 AM)gaglamesh731 Wrote:  As skeptics, this affects us how ? Tongue
It means we have a new job. If anyone here knows a person who buys into this stuff, it is now our duty to point out for the last too many years, they have been using the wrong sign. That all those little horoscopes they read to see how their day will be has been completely off!

Yet them seemed to fir their day to day lives perfectly, how odd....(sarcasm)

I don't believe Jesus is the son of God until I see the long form birth certificate!
13-01-2011, 09:22 AM
yet people will still deny the scientists' findings.

[Image: buddhasig.png]
“Believe nothing, no matter where you read it, or who said it, no matter if I have said it, unless it agrees with your own reason and your own common sense.” ~ Gautama Buddha
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
13-01-2011, 09:29 AM
I do not accept this. It's alot cooler to be a scorpion rather than a virgin.

Correct me when I'm wrong.
Accept me or go to hell.
13-01-2011, 01:07 PM
(13-01-2011 09:22 AM)The Doctor Wrote:  yet people will still deny the scientists' findings.

Most do - none are thought how to think critically in school.There should be a subject on critical thought and proper sources.

(13-01-2011 09:29 AM)Kikko Wrote:  I do not accept this. It's alot cooler to be a scorpion rather than a virgin.

What about that new Snake sign - thing ? Are you a reptillian Illuminati - repent for 2012 - couldn't help myself , Sorry Tongue
13-01-2011, 03:04 PM
Notice that the thirteen original signs corresponded to the thirteen orbits per year of the moon. Then Babalonians forced their superstitions about thirteen on the world and tossed out one of the signs. This is why the months today do not correspond to the lunar orbits like they would have if people weren't so &%$ing superstitious. Idiots have had way to much influence on our world for way to long. It is time for sanity.

When I find myself in times of trouble, Richard Dawkins comes to me, speaking words of reason, now I see, now I see.
13-01-2011, 09:33 PM
Cool
13 months
Go for it No.J
14-01-2011, 12:09 AM
Any true sea-going nation would have stayed with the thirteen month cycle since it would be easier to keep track of the tides. Imagine how they must have felt when a landlocked bunch of powerful control freaks decided to change a system that worked into one that didn't.

When I find myself in times of trouble, Richard Dawkins comes to me, speaking words of reason, now I see, now I see.