Science has fixed Astrology

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
26-01-2011, 01:31 PM
RE: Science has fixed Astrology
At first I was like: omg than I'm a Libra, indestead of a scorpion??
But then I was like: Why sholud I give a crap??
Smile

..."we can be truly free - not because we can rebel against the the tyranny of the selfish replicators but because we know that there is no one to rebel."
Susan Blackmore : The Meme Machine
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
27-01-2011, 01:53 AM
They finally fixed it. The damn thing wasn't working properly for at least a thousand years. Tongue

When I find myself in times of trouble, Richard Dawkins comes to me, speaking words of reason, now I see, now I see.
30-01-2011, 02:04 AM
Being a former dirt worshiping Pagan there is a little part of me that smiled with this news.

Liberty loving, gun owning Atheist. Don't worry it confuses the right as well.
31-01-2011, 09:48 PM

Its funny to me that my Astronomy professor used Ophiucus as an example how astrology is junk. "Why then does the 13th constellation which the sun passes through get discarded?"
He went on to tell us this (paraphrasing):
"What are constellations? Theyre 2-dimensional superimpositions of our minds in a 3-dimensional space. We've connected the dots in the sky! Some of those stars are far away, some are closer. Yet humans felt it necessary to make up meanings in a pattern based on cultural stories that do nothing to explain how the universe works."

I loved that professors brain. If I become a zombie, I want those sweet brains to chew on.
Quote this message in a reply
31-01-2011, 09:51 PM
(31-01-2011 09:48 PM)Redshirt Wrote:  I loved that professors brain. If I become a zombie, I want those sweet brains to chew on.

Stay away from B-rate chillers for a while. Tongue

When I find myself in times of trouble, Richard Dawkins comes to me, speaking words of reason, now I see, now I see.
03-02-2011, 04:17 AM

I care more of the Chinese calendar than this.
According to it, I was born in the year of the Earth Snake.
Sounds cool, so I go by that one instead.

Oh, and I was Libra, now I guess I'm....Virgo. Don't know what that means, but it's cool.
Quote this message in a reply