Science has fixed Astrology

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
14-01-2011, 12:42 AM
RE: Science has fixed Astrology
They didn't feel anything - they were burned alive by the inquisition - a peaceful way of spreading the peaceful christian faith Tongue
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
14-01-2011, 07:54 AM
Actually, the calendar we use today originally only had ten months. That's why the last four are called September, October, November and December. (7,8,9,10 - get it?) Then they added August and July which were named for the first two Caesars.

As for the zodiac being off due to axial tilt, that too has been known for some time, and it is an argument I have used to debunk astrology for years, as well as the fact that there are actually 13 zodiac houses. Ophiuchus is actually named for a real person, and his symbol is the caduceus. I have no idea why this story is suddenly in the news as if we just realized it.
14-01-2011, 09:28 AM (This post was last modified: 14-01-2011 09:34 AM by ebilekittae.)
A friend of a friend raged over this. I've never seen anything like it:

Quote:SO SOME GOD DAMN STUPID ASS MINNESOTANS THINK THE ZODIAC CAN BE CHANGED JUST BECAUSE THEY GOD DAMN WANT IT TO!? WELL YOU KNOW WHAT YOU FUCKIGN IMBECILES!? IM A GOD DAMN GEMINI. AND YOU'LL NEVER TAKE THAT AWAY FROM ME BITCH.

I had no idea that anyone really cared THAT much. O_o

Apparently I'm a lion now. Big Grin I'm going to read both Virgo and Leo for me and watch them both be true! Big Grin As a matter of fact, I'll do it for all of them! Big Grin

Tongue

Silly astrologers. Tricks are for answersingenesis.

"It does feel like something to be wrong; it feels like being right." -Kathryn Schulz
I am 100% certain that I am wrong about something I am certain about right now. Because even if everything I stand for turns out to be completely true, I was still wrong about being wrong.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
14-01-2011, 09:56 AM
Why do we look at the stars to see what(horoscope) we are, shouldn't we read the astrological predictions and personalities to see what(horoscope) we are?

Correct me when I'm wrong.
Accept me or go to hell.
14-01-2011, 11:20 AM
I think a psychological test would be even better.
14-01-2011, 05:12 PM

Libra to Virgo! Damn.. libra described me so well Tongue
Quote this message in a reply
14-01-2011, 06:53 PM
(14-01-2011 09:28 AM)LeviTimes Wrote:  Apparently I'm a lion now. Big Grin I'm going to read both Virgo and Leo for me and watch them both be true! Big Grin

You are a virgin lion? You need more pride, get it? Tongue Tongue Tongue

When I find myself in times of trouble, Richard Dawkins comes to me, speaking words of reason, now I see, now I see.
14-01-2011, 11:13 PM
Apparently I'm now this "new" sign. I looked around to see if some new traits had been invented for it yet, and sadly, there have. It's quite funny though:

Quote:Astrological traits must be specific enough to differentiate the signs, but general enough so that someone could look at the list of traits and say, "Yeah, that could be me".

Based on that, astrologers have gathered together a series of traits that would match such a person, including:

* Seeker of peace and wisdom
* Attractor of good luck and jealousy
* Interpreter of dreams
* One who reaches for the stars
* Wearer of plaid (this one is oddly specific)

The even sadder part is that I am wearing plaid pyjama pants at this very moment Tongue

"Remember, my friend, that knowledge is stronger than memory, and we should not trust the weaker." - Dr. Van Helsing, Dracula
15-01-2011, 11:59 AM
(14-01-2011 07:54 AM)gamutman Wrote:  Actually, the calendar we use today originally only had ten months. That's why the last four are called September, October, November and December. (7,8,9,10 - get it?) Then they added August and July which were named for the first two Caesars.
The reason for the names of the months is that the year used to start with March and January and February were the 11th and 12th months. July and August were originally named Quintilis and Sextilis because they were the 5th and 6th months.

http://www.webexhibits.org/calendars/year-history.html

God's invisible attributes, namely, his eternal power and divine nature, have been clearly perceived, ever since the creation of the world, in the things that have been made.
Romans 1:20 ESV

blog
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
15-01-2011, 12:07 PM
(15-01-2011 11:59 AM)theophilus Wrote:  
(14-01-2011 07:54 AM)gamutman Wrote:  Actually, the calendar we use today originally only had ten months. That's why the last four are called September, October, November and December. (7,8,9,10 - get it?) Then they added August and July which were named for the first two Caesars.
The reason for the names of the months is that the year used to start with March and January and February were the 11th and 12th months. July and August were originally named Quintilis and Sextilis because they were the 5th and 6th months.

http://www.webexhibits.org/calendars/year-history.html

I stand corrected.