Science has resurrected!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
23-06-2012, 12:12 PM
RE: Science has resurrected!
...and why is this a problem for atheist? The "god particle" doesn't really mean we find god when we find the particle, it means that we complete the model. Is this just a running Egor joke or something? It's funny if it is. Sad if it's not.
http://www.examiner.com/article/the-higg...n-be-found

The old gods are dead, let's invent some new ones before something really bad happens.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Thomas's post
23-06-2012, 05:37 PM
And on the third day there arose again the great body of Science from the death that had consumed it, with great waling and rejoicing the people cried “Oh Science, why did you die and leave us, your devoted servants?”
And Science said to us “It was just a long weekend, we just went to the beach and caught up with some friends. What the fuck are you on about?”
And with much grovelling and gnashing of teeth there rose a cry of “But will you leave us again and travel to the heavens?”
With a quizzical look Science did reply with “Errr, I’m a Biologist, you’ll want the guys at NASA for a launch date…”
There was much rejoicing.

A casual stroll through the lunatic asylum shows that faith does not prove anything. Friedrich Nietzsche
[+] 4 users Like Karl's post
23-06-2012, 11:34 PM
/thread

Member of the Cult of Reason

The atheist is a man who destroys the imaginary things which afflict the human race, and so leads men back to nature, to experience and to reason.
-Baron d'Holbach-
Bitcion:1DNeQMswMdvx4xLPP6qNE7RkeTwXGC7Bzp
24-06-2012, 06:32 AM
(22-06-2012 01:31 AM)Egor Wrote:  Trust me, atheists, you don't want a Higgs boson flying around.
And there won't be, because God seems to like not being proved. It's His own cosmic gag reel.
This is almost as good as the argument of a Christian friend of mine a week or two ago as to why we will never have a theory of everything. His reason: If humanity had the theory of everything, so would Satan. God wouldn't want that because it would make Satan all powerful.
Smile

Give me your argument in the form of a published paper, and then we can start to talk.
24-06-2012, 07:20 AM (This post was last modified: 24-06-2012 01:16 PM by Bucky Ball.)
(24-06-2012 06:32 AM)Hafnof Wrote:  God wouldn't want that because it would make Satan all powerful.

The gag reel is the bag of Acromion Chips he bought cuz he's pissed at Vaughns not havin any god Doritos left. It will pass. The satan thing is fun for about 5 minutes. Satan don' live in no Bible town. The Hebrew word הַשָּׂטָן ha-Satan, "the opposer", or "accuser", ("diabolos" in Greek), probably came first from the Sumerian "righteous sufferer" texts, (Kramer, Samuel Noah, "Man and His God: A Sumerian Variation on the 'Job' Motif"). Interesting that in Christian theology they just made it all up. Some "time" before space-time was created, a cosmic battle of wills had "happened", and Daddy threw them "out". Woops, and woops. The "tempter" in the Garden Myth just appears, with no prior explanation, or exposition. Thus "evil" was already was extant. Woops (#3). "How come Big Daddy don' wanna save no angels ?", said the kid, to his 1st Grade teacher. "Shut up kid". Thank Big Daddy for 1st Grade teachers. (1st Grade Teach actually then called the mom, and said, "this child is trying to take over my class" .... much hilarity ensued).

and BTW proph dood, "Guess what the H stands for?"...that's fer nexchtyear. We're still back at T1 and how it relates to T2.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein
Those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music - Friedrich Nietzsche
24-06-2012, 01:37 PM
(24-06-2012 07:20 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  The Hebrew word הַשָּׂטָן ha-Satan....

Oooh ... I do love dirty talk on a Sunday. Wink

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
24-06-2012, 01:52 PM
(24-06-2012 01:37 PM)kim Wrote:  
(24-06-2012 07:20 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  The Hebrew word הַשָּׂטָן ha-Satan....

Oooh ... I do love dirty talk on a Sunday. Wink

Dats cuz you really are MORE special. Bowing

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein
Those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music - Friedrich Nietzsche
[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post
25-06-2012, 03:23 AM
Science was resurrected only a day after Egor told us that it died. Jesus took three days. Lazy bastard.

[Image: 553193_635722216633_1026343474_n.jpg]
[+] 4 users Like Science Believer's post