Science helps us

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
11-05-2012, 07:21 PM
Science helps us
Well the bad news is I’ve managed to split one of my teeth apart and it’s quite painful.

Just for the shits and giggles part of it I’m at work and I don’t think I’m getting anywhere close to a dentist until probably Tuesday.

So I’m on some pretty good painkillers and to be honest am feeling pretty good with life right this moment.

Aren’t chemicals great? Thumbsup

A casual stroll through the lunatic asylum shows that faith does not prove anything. Friedrich Nietzsche
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Karl's post
11-05-2012, 07:53 PM
RE: Science helps us
indeed, enjoy them, maybe write downs the crazy ideas you may be getting Big Grin

[Image: sigvacachica.png]
11-05-2012, 07:57 PM
So the obvious question for this forum....
Which is the greatest pain-killer (and "greatest" is obviously open to your interpretation)...
Science or Religion?

11-05-2012, 08:22 PM
Well so far I’m on a nice mix of Panadol Extra (paracetamol) and some generic tablet with ibuprofen and codeine.

And caffeine… No surprise there though…

The pain is 80% gone, I’m a happy boy.

To be honest I didn’t try praying the pain away, I could have but god wants’ us to suffer or some such thing and ya know, I just don’t really want to.

I could always whip myself for a bit, but last time I forgot my safe word and it went on for hours…

A casual stroll through the lunatic asylum shows that faith does not prove anything. Friedrich Nietzsche
12-05-2012, 06:51 AM
Do you have a dental hospital anywhere near you? you could try to get it sorted there. They are usually open late.

Behold the power of the force!
[Image: fgYtjtY.gif]
12-05-2012, 02:16 PM
I do, but I’m looking at $500-$700+ for after hour work, and after a very expensive month with a surprise vet bill and helping a friend out of a nasty financial hole he had dug I’m more than a little broke!

Dentists over here are mercenary sods! I’ll dose up and wait, a little pain never hurt anyone…