Science in the Qur'an

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
05-10-2015, 03:12 PM
Science in the Qur'an
Not sure if this fits under pseudoscience but it definitely doesn't fit under science. This might even fit under the debates section.

So recently I decided to join a Facebook page called forum of Islam Judaism Buddhism Atheist Christianity and Hinduism. Most of the members of the page are Muslim and I couldn't resist giving them some shit about the science in the Qur'an. They've asked me questions like why people have different color skin or why do people have different languages to which their obvious answer is Allah.

I haven't really debated much with Muslims as I don't really know much about their religion other than it's bullshit like all the other ones. But one thing I can say about the ones I've been talking with is they haven't been as hostile as christians I've debated. It has been fun watching these Muslims and Christians fighting over their imaginary friends and then I just in the middle of it and throw blows at everyone. I attached a few meme's from what one Muslim was trying to show as proof of science in the Qur'an.

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
05-10-2015, 03:30 PM
RE: Science in the Qur'an
Tell 'em ole Mo didn't even write it.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-...s-say.html
Tongue

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
05-10-2015, 03:40 PM
They knew that babies formed in stages in the year 600, whoa man how could they know something like that. Crazy how can you not believe it has the word of truth, it's not like other nations had actual medical attempted data of the time in that nor did they realize through seeing how their animal husbandry let them grasp details in similar manners for growth.

It's always just loosely worded metaphors that speak of some unconfirmed concept and fools who want to find meaning and value in words they look for find it.

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
05-10-2015, 03:43 PM
(05-10-2015 03:30 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  Tell 'em ole Mo didn't even write it.
Tongue

I've run that by them. Usually when I say something that makes sense, they just ignore me and go back to bashing christians. I got them all riled up when I showed them this one.

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

[+] 2 users Like OceanTherapist's post
05-10-2015, 04:24 PM
(05-10-2015 03:43 PM)OceanTherapist Wrote:  
(05-10-2015 03:30 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  Tell 'em ole Mo didn't even write it.
Tongue

I've run that by them. Usually when I say something that makes sense, they just ignore me and go back to bashing christians. I got them all riled up when I showed them this one.

Tell them to read this. The hypocricy in Tehran and Mulsim culture. It's all a pile of fake BS.
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/books...eview.html

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
06-10-2015, 08:52 AM
(05-10-2015 04:24 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(05-10-2015 03:43 PM)OceanTherapist Wrote:  I've run that by them. Usually when I say something that makes sense, they just ignore me and go back to bashing christians. I got them all riled up when I showed them this one.

Tell them to read this. The hypocricy in Tehran and Mulsim culture. It's all a pile of fake BS.
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/books...eview.html

That book sounds interesting. I might have to read it myself.
06-10-2015, 09:39 AM
... Those are as pathetic as Christian attempts to dress up Job and the like.
("the sun and moon are in orbits"? yes, everybody already thought that at the time; "fire hurts therefore the Quran describes nociceptors"? come the fuck on!)

Most tellingly, any and all futile efforts to square primitive religious texts with "modern" understandings are only ever retrospective, reflecting whatever consensus of the day is/was.

If a religious text predicted or guided modern scientific understanding I might look twice at it.

... this is my signature!
[+] 2 users Like cjlr's post
06-10-2015, 03:22 PM
They had another one today talking about how the Qur'an "predicted" how many joints the human body has. I guess before the Qur'an, they never looked at a skeleton.
[+] 1 user Likes OceanTherapist's post
06-10-2015, 04:07 PM
I like to ask this...

What is the next major scientific discovery as predicted in the Quran. Show me the verse and give me the explanation.

Good. Now show me the next ten.

Thanks.

Drinking Beverage

17-10-2015, 07:17 AM
There isn't any science in the Quoran. It's just unintelligible mumbo jumbo which no one reads, because they aren't allowed to, and it is written in a language no one speaks.

Actually, is that how it is spelled? Or am I confusing it with a vegetarian meat, or is that Quorn? Please help?

Here is a chapter of the Quoran, which shows there are only things like cows and figs in it:

In the name of Allah, the Compassionate, the Merciful.

YUSUFALI: By the Fig and the Olive,
PICKTHAL: By the fig and the olive,
SHAKIR: I swear by the fig and the olive,

YUSUFALI: And the Mount of Sinai,
PICKTHAL: By Mount Sinai,
SHAKIR: And mount Sinai,

YUSUFALI: And this City of security,-
PICKTHAL: And by this land made safe;
SHAKIR: And this city made secure,

YUSUFALI: We have indeed created man in the best of moulds,
PICKTHAL: Surely We created man of the best stature
SHAKIR: Certainly We created man in the best make.

YUSUFALI: Then do We abase him (to be) the lowest of the low,-
PICKTHAL: Then we reduced him to the lowest of the low,
SHAKIR: Then We render him the lowest of the low.

YUSUFALI: Except such as believe and do righteous deeds: For they shall have a reward unfailing.
PICKTHAL: Save those who believe and do good works, and theirs is a reward unfailing.
SHAKIR: Except those who believe and do good, so they shall have a reward never to be cut off.

YUSUFALI: Then what can, after this, contradict thee, as to the judgment (to come)?
PICKTHAL: So who henceforth will give the lie to thee about the judgment?
SHAKIR: Then who can give you the lie after (this) about the judgment?

YUSUFALI: Is not Allah the wisest of judges?
PICKTHAL: Is not Allah the most conclusive of all judges?
SHAKIR: Is not Allah the best of the Judges?

That would be a "no".