Science in the Qur'an

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
17-10-2015, 07:31 AM (This post was last modified: 17-10-2015 07:41 AM by cactus.)
RE: Science in the Qur'an
"Neither does the sun overtake the moon, nor does the night precede the day. Each of them is floating in an orbit."

Yes. An orbit.............around the Earth Laugh out load
which was exactly what could be observed by basic, non-prophetic, non-supernatural observation. Good job, Quran. Thumbsup

"Pain receptors (Nociceptors) were discovered by Charles Scott Sherrington in 1906"
Yeah, because you totally need to understand these specific details about the human nervous system in order to feel pain.

Someone please help me. I don't have enough palms to cover my entire face.

If we came from dust, then why is there still dust?
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
17-10-2015, 09:28 AM
The Koran is primarily some kind of poetic work. Apparently, when read in Arabic, grown men swoon!

I don't know anyone here has heard the "Call to Prayer" but it is supposed to be incredibly "beautiful". It's so effing beautiful that everyone here has to here it five time an effing day from several Mosques. They don't actually use a live voice anymore. It's a recording and they play it as loud as they possibly can so you can here it miles away.

It's nothing more than cult indoctrination and mind control. No one goes to the Mosque, no one has a clue about religion, they just hear this, and are reassured that if they just shut up, don't think too hard, slaughter a goat once a year, they'll go to heaven and get virgins, if they are a man and, in the case of a woman...who give a fuck.

Is this beautiful, am I missing something? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mUHDYlJHaOQ
17-10-2015, 10:56 AM
(17-10-2015 09:28 AM)Deltabravo Wrote:  Is this beautiful, am I missing something? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mUHDYlJHaOQ
It's beautiful if the government holds a gun to your head and asks you if it's beautiful, or if your family threatens to disown you for saying it's not beautiful. Does that count?

If we came from dust, then why is there still dust?
17-10-2015, 12:15 PM
(17-10-2015 09:28 AM)Deltabravo Wrote:  Apparently, when read in Arabic, grown men swoon!

Yes. Well. There are grown women who wear "Team Edward" shirts.

"Owl," said Rabbit shortly, "you and I have brains. The others have fluff. If there is any thinking to be done in this Forest - and when I say thinking I mean thinking - you and I must do it."
- A. A. Milne, The House at Pooh Corner
18-10-2015, 12:50 PM
Things to do before you die:

1. Go to Mecca, pretending to be a Muslim, and get anally raped in a toilet.

2. Make a list of the worst conspiracy theories you can think of and post it on The Thinking Atheist.

3. Find Jesus and experience the Toronto Blessing.

4. Spend a week at Cap d'adge and get anally raped in a toilet.

5. Take a bus tour of Mosul at night, drunk and smoking a cigar.

Hmmm... I think that covers it.