Science is Dead

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
20-06-2012, 12:45 AM

Science is Dead
Science is dead. They have recently discovered that the standard model is not correct. You can see this article, but I doubt it will make any sense to you.

http://www.thebunsenburner.com/news/stan...cientists/

The fact is no one ever really understood the standard model or why subatomic particles behave the way they do, and everyone knows that unless you can say why an electron behaves the way it does, or why a positron behaves the way it does, that it's pointless to try to make a theory about them. Science has come to its end.

Granted, that doesn't mean that God exists. But seriously, who gives a shit if God exists. He plays His games, and we play ours. We are created for His purpose and we automatically try to live out that purpose--that's it.

Our technology will give us a few more cool inventions, but that's about it. Even now, hardly anyone has a purpose for a tablet, and cell phones have become the gaming tools of idiots. There's nothing else we need. We can feed the world, we just don't. We can cure what we can cure, and that's it--all of us will eventually go by heart disease or cancer, and nothing can stop that.

We are headed for a new dark age where nothing happens. People can't survive in space for long periods of time, so forget any mission to Mars--why bother? We certainly can't and won't go any further than that.

We're going to have to start looking at the spiritual side of mankind. Why do we have precognition? What's up with NDE's? What are we supposed to do with the time we have?

Remember when you (meaning atheists) said "God is dead"? Well guess what? Science is dead.

Deal with that. Laughat
Quote this message in a reply
20-06-2012, 12:53 AM
RE: Science is Dead
From the link...
Quote:
While the BaBar findings are more sensitive than previous studies of these decays, they are not statistically significant enough to claim they present a clear break from the Standard Model.
Do you read this stuff to get something out of it, or to put stuff into it? I'm thinking the latter.

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 11 users Like houseofcantor's post
20-06-2012, 01:32 AM
Egor - please stop using all the things that science has produced. They are all dead and useless items.
Take off all those science produced clothes, go outside and build a lean-to with some fallen tree limbs. That's your new home.
Go hunting for your food in the woods with your bare hands. Can't use any of those dead sciencey weapons.
Can't use fire to cook anything. That's a science thing.

Just live off the land the way god intended, you naked, killing other animals -eating their meat. No fruits, grains or veggies - Genesis was pretty clear about that.
God didn't much care for the offering that Cain gave.

Just because you're not a physicist doesn't mean that people don't understand physics.
You're not a pilot either and yet planes still fly - I wonder why ?

I bet it's all that science we understand

Insanity - doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results
Find all posts by this user
[+] 14 users Like Rahn127's post
20-06-2012, 01:43 AM
According to the bible, the ratio of diameter to circumference of a circular wall is exactly three.

You therefore deny all geometry, and therefore engineering, astronomy...and the mathematics involved in designing the computer where you typed that comment. Congratulations, your comment denies its own existence.
[+] 2 users Like Monk's post
20-06-2012, 02:18 AM
I like the idea that god couldn't pass a high school geometry class - Big Grin

Insanity - doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results
[+] 4 users Like Rahn127's post
20-06-2012, 04:01 AM
Egor, this shows how science makes progress, how science evolves and how it changes in the light of new discoveries. This is the definition of science. If anything, this shows us how science just became even more scientific, not dead. You have missed the point of science, scientific progress and you missed it by 180°.

Try to read what we said about "science" in the last few months...

Smile

[Image: a6505fe8.jpg]
I have a theory that the truth is never told during the nine-to-five hours.
-Hunter S. Thompson
[+] 3 users Like Filox's post
20-06-2012, 04:32 AM
This is more Egor's bag. Does this mean religion is dead? or just that Ebore is brain dead?

[Image: Pointlessbible.jpg]

"Belief means not wanting to know what is true"
Friedrich Nietzsche
[+] 2 users Like Eternal's post
20-06-2012, 05:15 AM
Seems like an example of living science to me Wink

The most exciting results are when an experiment contradicts theory. Then you know something really interesting is going on, something that no one's ever thought about before. Those guys must be feeling so awesome right now Smile Not every day you get to break the standard model Big Grin
[+] 3 users Like morondog's post
20-06-2012, 06:16 AM (This post was last modified: 20-06-2012 06:21 AM by Hafnof.)
Every scientist craves the moment where a hugely successful model makes a prediction that is proved false. Science that is settled is boring science. It's the stuff of textbooks, not research. Reports of neutrinos travelling faster than light, or the standard model being found to be false. Just whiffs of this stuff gives science a boner like nothing else. It's crushing to find that actually the new discovery isn't panning out and we might have been right all along.

Imagine spending your whole career, beginning to end as a researcher, and finding that the model that existed at the beginning of your career still reigns supreme at the end. A successful scientist is one who changes theories, challenges assumptions, and proves the smartest guys the world has ever seen wrong.

Science dies when it is right. It lives when we find something established knowledge can't explain.

“The excess over the Standard Model prediction is exciting,” said BaBar spokesperson Michael Roney of the University of Victoria in Canada. “But before we can claim an actual discovery, other experiments have to replicate it and rule out the possibility this isn’t just an unlikely statistical fluctuation.”

“If the excess decays shown are confirmed, it will be exciting to figure out what is causing it,” said BaBar physics coordinator Abner Soffer, associate professor at Tel Aviv University. “We hope our results will stimulate theoretical discussion about just what the data are telling us about new physics.”

Give me your argument in the form of a published paper, and then we can start to talk.
[+] 2 users Like Hafnof's post
20-06-2012, 06:23 AM
Censored Now I guess I'll have to go to church.... Science isn't wrong.... Your perspective of it is.

[Image: 0013382F-E507-48AE-906B-53008666631C-757...cc3639.jpg]
Credit goes to UndercoverAtheist.
[+] 1 user Likes Atothetheist's post