Science is Dead

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
28-06-2012, 07:43 AM
RE: Science is Dead
(27-06-2012 11:41 AM)DeepThought Wrote:  
(27-06-2012 11:24 AM)Egor Wrote:  Even if I am a prick, so what? There's lots of pricks in here. I get personally attacked in almost every response to one of my posts. Do you know how many insults I've taken in here? But I'm not complaining about it, nor am I fucking with anyone who didn't fuck with me first.

That kindof contradicts this:

(27-06-2012 11:06 AM)Egor Wrote:  Honestly, Morondog, I don't get agitated over forums. I have a schtick, and I'm sticking to it.

Besides, it's a powertrip, you know--mine not theirs. When DT tells me to stop the personal attacks by using personal attacks against me and then changing my avatar to humiliate me if I don't fit in with the clique, he thinks he's the one pushing the buttons, and I'm laughing my ass off.

So you do what you do to press people's buttons. You want to bait people and toy with their emotions for your own amusement like every other internet troll. Then you think you deserve special treatment and diplomatic immunity?

How can you say that and then try taking the moral high-ground?

Maybe you'll snap out of it some day and realise how fucked up your behaviour is. Why should anyone tolerate it?
Egor doesn't know whether he's Arthur or Martha. He's here only because nowhere else will tolerate him, and he needs attention. He's offensive, inconsistent, yet sometimes amusing because he's so incredibly deluded. Occasionally, very occasionally, he gives me a glimmer of hope that he has some insight. Yet the big picture is there's too many jumbled thoughts and not enough processing power to deal with them. Why should anyone tolerate it? Well...he has a right to express his opinions...and he has a right to be stupid/ignorant/arrogant...but when he becomes offensively aggressive it really does lower the tone of the forum and forces some people to stop posting. That is a shame. The difficulty is deciding when he has crossed the line, and I don't know the answer to that.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 4 users Like Mark Fulton's post
28-06-2012, 08:06 AM
Speaking of dead science, I'm trying to understand what Penrose is suggesting in his theory from his book "Cycles of Time", (the video yesterday in the elegance of science thread). He seems to be saying that as the universe becomes cold and dead, there is something about the coldness and deadness that causes a re-bang .. and that as all the energy gets "dissipated", in the cosmic heat death, things happen. Has anyone read the book ?

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
Find all posts by this user
28-06-2012, 08:29 AM
Dammit Bucky, I 'splained that shit on the previous page. Nobody listens to me! Sadcryface2

I so wonwly... Sadcryface2

living word
[+] 2 users Like houseofcantor's post
28-06-2012, 08:31 AM
(28-06-2012 08:29 AM)houseofcantor Wrote:  Dammit Bucky, I 'splained that shit on the previous page. Nobody listens to me! Sadcryface2

It may be because you're the boy who cried "Gwynnies". People stop listening. Consider

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
28-06-2012, 08:37 AM
(28-06-2012 08:31 AM)Chas Wrote:  
(28-06-2012 08:29 AM)houseofcantor Wrote:  Dammit Bucky, I 'splained that shit on the previous page. Nobody listens to me! Sadcryface2

It may be because you're the boy who cried "Gwynnies". People stop listening. Consider
It's the opposite for me. If he doesn't reference Gwynnies, I stop paying attention. Drinking Beverage

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
[+] 1 user Likes Erxomai's post
28-06-2012, 08:41 AM
Thanks Egor, I really appreciate the rep Dodgy Dodgy

Nah, that's fine.. Everyone is entitled to their opinion. Oh, and I am the kind of person to look at your posts and draw a clonclusion about you.

Anyways, science improves. Just because science COULD be wrong in one thing, doesn't mean it is wrong in everything. What you are commiting is a variation of the fallacy fallacy.. Where just because science is wrong in one thing, means it is wrong in everything.

Just saying.

Stay thirsty, my friends.

[Image: 0013382F-E507-48AE-906B-53008666631C-757...cc3639.jpg]
Credit goes to UndercoverAtheist.
[+] 2 users Like Atothetheist's post
28-06-2012, 09:07 AM
(27-06-2012 11:25 AM)houseofcantor Wrote:  
(27-06-2012 11:18 AM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  That is fascinating. I believe there was an episode of Futurama that dealt with this particular idea of the Universe being on a repeating loop for infinity. I thought this particular idea was no longer viable due to the continued acceleration of the universe's expansion that suggested it would eventually reach a point at which gravity could no longer cause it to collapse in on itself again. If what this team is suggesting is true, that makes the argument of how time works even more fucked up but makes infinity somehow easier to think about... Shocking
Well, he mighta got Hoyle'd on the naming of the thing. The way I saw it portrayed (on some BBC thingy or another) is that expansion of the universe continues to the point where even photons are individually "a universe apart," leaving a local nothingness of sorts and setting the stage for cosmic fluctuations to make a "big bang."

And don't forget the black holes. I love that part.
Quote:entropy at the transition stage will be very low, because black holes, which destroy all information that they suck in, evaporate as the universe expands and in so doing remove entropy from the universe.

You have no idea how that turns my crank. Blush

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
[+] 3 users Like kim's post
28-06-2012, 09:11 AM
(28-06-2012 09:07 AM)kim Wrote:  
(27-06-2012 11:25 AM)houseofcantor Wrote:  Well, he mighta got Hoyle'd on the naming of the thing. The way I saw it portrayed (on some BBC thingy or another) is that expansion of the universe continues to the point where even photons are individually "a universe apart," leaving a local nothingness of sorts and setting the stage for cosmic fluctuations to make a "big bang."

And don't forget the black holes. I love that part.
Quote:entropy at the transition stage will be very low, because black holes, which destroy all information that they suck in, evaporate as the universe expands and in so doing remove entropy from the universe.

You have no idea how that turns my crank. Blush
Da fuq did I just read..... I have a feeling that you guys are making very very OBVIOUS sexual innuendos just to make me squirm... Mission accomplished guys, good job. Dodgy

[Image: 0013382F-E507-48AE-906B-53008666631C-757...cc3639.jpg]
Credit goes to UndercoverAtheist.
28-06-2012, 09:20 AM
Egor seems to be going back to his old ways. Acting like a child and attacking people when they give a different opinion than his. I bet I'll get a negative rep from him now for saying this...
28-06-2012, 09:29 AM
Waah... waah...waah...
[Image: funny-gifs-dramatic-dog.gif]

Gwynnies?!

living word
[+] 3 users Like houseofcantor's post