Science is Dead

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
28-06-2012, 09:39 AM
RE: Science is Dead
(28-06-2012 09:29 AM)houseofcantor Wrote:  Waah... waah...waah...
[Image: funny-gifs-dramatic-dog.gif]

Gwynnies?!
Dance, puppet. Dance!
[Image: 3263363.jpg?v=1&c=IWSAsset&a...CF6109BBC7]

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
28-06-2012, 09:40 AM
(28-06-2012 09:11 AM)Atothetheist Wrote:  
(28-06-2012 09:07 AM)kim Wrote:  And don't forget the black holes. I love that part.

You have no idea how that turns my crank. Blush
Da fuq did I just read..... I have a feeling that you guys are making very very OBVIOUS sexual innuendos just to make me squirm... Mission accomplished guys, good job. Dodgy
Nah, it's not like that. Kimmy really does have a crank! Thumbsup

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
[+] 1 user Likes Erxomai's post
28-06-2012, 09:52 AM
(28-06-2012 09:40 AM)Erxomai Wrote:  
(28-06-2012 09:11 AM)Atothetheist Wrote:  Da fuq did I just read..... I have a feeling that you guys are making very very OBVIOUS sexual innuendos just to make me squirm... Mission accomplished guys, good job. Dodgy
Nah, it's not like that. Kimmy really does have a crank! Thumbsup
[Image: if-you-know-what-i-mean.png]

[Image: 0013382F-E507-48AE-906B-53008666631C-757...cc3639.jpg]
Credit goes to UndercoverAtheist.
[+] 1 user Likes Atothetheist's post
28-06-2012, 11:37 AM

(27-06-2012 11:41 AM)DeepThought Wrote:  Maybe you'll snap out of it some day and realise how fucked up your behaviour is. Why should anyone tolerate it?

Because it's fun. Sleepy

(28-06-2012 08:37 AM)Erxomai Wrote:  
(28-06-2012 08:31 AM)Chas Wrote:  It may be because you're the boy who cried "Gwynnies". People stop listening. Consider
It's the opposite for me. If he doesn't reference Gwynnies, I stop paying attention. Drinking Beverage

I only worship his god when he posts pictures of her.

(28-06-2012 08:41 AM)Atothetheist Wrote:  Thanks Egor, I really appreciate the rep Dodgy Dodgy

You people confound me. You take a rep point from me, then when I take one from you, you act offended. You don't give me the rep point back and ask for yours back, oh no, you just expect me to take my censor from you as if I fully realize that you're good and I'm bad. What kind of deluded narcissism is that? You remind me of the little Toyota I once saw tailgaiting a huge tractor-trailer truck on the freeway who was in the fast lane--completely oblivious to the fact that if the truck were to brake, the car would be smashed and it's debateable whether the truck would even feel it when it happend--and so freakin close that the truck couldn't see the car in his mirror.

But hey, the truck was in his lane. That's all the driver could think. You think you're right in taking my rep point, and to you it only seems like common sense that I should agree with it.

Absolutely insane.

(28-06-2012 09:20 AM)Magoo Wrote:  Egor seems to be going back to his old ways. Acting like a child and attacking people when they give a different opinion than his. I bet I'll get a negative rep from him now for saying this...

I'm sorry, but my alter ego is going to have to answer this for you:

Gwynnies?!

OMG! That dog has like fashion-model attitude!
Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Egor's post
28-06-2012, 12:16 PM

Gwynnies?!

Well, then I gots a friend fer ya, wonlwly dude.

A match made in heaven. [Image: avatar_16316.jpg?dateline=1336634728] See the resambulance.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post
28-06-2012, 12:18 PM (This post was last modified: 28-06-2012 12:23 PM by Bucky Ball.)
I read the article and watched the vid. I need a longer bedtime story. Oh well. I'll go git me da book.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
28-06-2012, 12:32 PM
Here's a pop version:

Here's Penrose:

living word
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes houseofcantor's post
29-06-2012, 12:17 AM

In the first video above, I like the way Morgan Freeman states how a growing number of scientists are starting to ask, “Could we be wrong about the big bang?” And I’m thinking, well of course they’re going to ask that. The big bang doesn’t fit with atheism, and science can’t be preeminent without atheism. Scientific theory has to eliminate any possibility of God, or it doesn’t survive. Even if all evidence leads to a Creator, and only a thread of possibility exists where a Creator isn’t needed, scientists will hail that thread as truth. It’s the greatest bias going, and it’s a joke. The fact is the big bang is simply undeniable and unacceptable.

I actually don’t know why this documentary is being shown on a science channel. The question of what happened before the big bang is not a scientific question; it is philosophical and metaphysical. Nevertheless, science has to get it’s hand in there, or again, science will not survive. It will be relegated to making smaller, faster computers, and nothing more.

I especially like the use of the term “infinitely small, infinitely dense” when describing the singularity, because the description is an impossibility in regards to matter. The fact is, the matter of the universe has its origins in another substance altogether.

Another interesting bit that people don’t seem to realize is that there is no real space in the universe. If something expands into nothing, it doesn’t expand at all. To say the universe is expanding into a field of nothingness is the same as saying a car is traveling fast along an infinite road. On an infinite road the care isn’t traveling at all. A universe expanding into nothing isn’t expanding at all. There is something else going on.

The same thing goes for time. There is no time. There is no quantized time. There is no past or future. We know this intuitively. If the universe exists in an eternal field of nothingness, there is no real time. Time becomes an illusion based on the illusion of motion within the universe. Everything is relative to one another. Something else is going on.

Where else do we find this kind of environment? Answer: in a dream. In a dream, we walk around, but we’re not really going anywhere. Time passes, but it’s illusory. The space from one end of a house to another is completely illusory, as there is no real space at all.

Dreams are constructed from consciousness. The substance of all things in a dream is ultimately consciousness. Why then should we not conclude the universe is constructed from the substance of a consciousness?
Quote this message in a reply
29-06-2012, 12:26 AM
(29-06-2012 12:17 AM)Egor Wrote:  Where else do we find this kind of environment? Answer: in a dream. In a dream, we walk around, but we’re not really going anywhere. Time passes, but it’s illusory. The space from one end of a house to another is completely illusory, as there is no real space at all.

Dreams are constructed from consciousness. The substance of all things in a dream is ultimately consciousness. Why then should we not conclude the universe is constructed from the substance of a consciousness?
While it's probably obnoxious of me to point out, point out I shall anyway: I made it all the way through your post without audibly snickering, until I got to this part. I'd call that some sort of progress of some sort. Thumbsup

~Izel
29-06-2012, 12:56 AM (This post was last modified: 29-06-2012 01:03 AM by fstratzero.)
Oh Egor.

You can't just simply assert that the beginning of the universe is a metaphysical or philosophical answer. As an unknown we cannot assert anything about it until we find a theory we can test, even then it's a grain of salt till that theory gains more supportive evidence.

Science doesn't have to get rid of God to survive at all. If you know the scientific method then you know it's just a way to gather knowledge. God in fact can coexist with science.

Now the reason for the infinitely small/dense description is because when they run the calculations from Einstein on the universe at that time you get INFINITY. Which is a bad answer and is being worked on. So because the theory we have now says infinity, that will be the way we describe it until a better theory comes along.

Now some material to back up my claims.

The math...

Well hopefully this changes your mind a bit. If not then I'll have to find better answers!

Member of the Cult of Reason

The atheist is a man who destroys the imaginary things which afflict the human race, and so leads men back to nature, to experience and to reason.
-Baron d'Holbach-
Bitcion:1DNeQMswMdvx4xLPP6qNE7RkeTwXGC7Bzp