Science is Dead

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
29-06-2012, 06:57 PM
RE: Science is Dead
I'm prolly outta here. This little episode makes me realize how silly I am. Have fun.

living word
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
29-06-2012, 07:30 PM (This post was last modified: 29-06-2012 07:48 PM by Bucky Ball.)
(29-06-2012 06:57 PM)houseofcantor Wrote:  I'm prolly outta here. This little episode makes me realize how silly I am. Have fun.

Sorry. BTW, abdication is against the divine law.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post
23-12-2014, 08:48 AM
I KNEW there was something about Gordo the Magnificent's recent comments that rang a bell. So .... oooooh I raise the dead.

Yeah science it's SO dead.
http://www.npr.org/blogs/health/2014/12/...im-breathe

Oh wait. Maybe not.
Maybe Gordo, since he can't get new members any other way, can 3D print himself a few. Tongue

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post
23-12-2014, 08:54 AM
(23-12-2014 08:48 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  Maybe Gordo, since he can't get new members any other way, can 3D print himself a few. Tongue

He's no longer limited to horrible old 2D cardboard Big Grin Praise the Lord!

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
23-12-2014, 09:04 AM
Science is a PROCESS we use to discover truth. Want to find out why a positron behaves the way it does? Well you use the process to find out. You are arguing from ignorance.

"If we are honest—and scientists have to be—we must admit that religion is a jumble of false assertions, with no basis in reality.
The very idea of God is a product of the human imagination."
- Paul Dirac
23-12-2014, 09:07 AM
(23-12-2014 08:48 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  I KNEW there was something about Gordo the Magnificent's recent comments that rang a bell. So .... oooooh I raise the dead.

Oh wait. Maybe not.
Maybe Gordo, since he can't get new members any other way, can 3D print himself a few. Tongue

Damn if the kid in that photo doesn’t look like a little, fat, baby vampire crying ‘cause they have him out in sunlight.

Creepy looking kid.

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
23-12-2014, 09:25 AM (This post was last modified: 23-12-2014 09:29 AM by Bucky Ball.)
(23-12-2014 09:07 AM)Full Circle Wrote:  
(23-12-2014 08:48 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  I KNEW there was something about Gordo the Magnificent's recent comments that rang a bell. So .... oooooh I raise the dead.

Oh wait. Maybe not.

Damn if the kid in that photo doesn’t look like a little, fat, baby vampire crying ‘cause they have him out in sunlight.

Creepy looking kid.

Yeah. That's what I thought too ... Tongue
One of the chest surgeons on that team was trained, (in part) by my dad, and we are sort of buds. He emailed us that the story would be on the radio. So proud of him.

There are abbreviations in pediatric charting, and one of them is (I kid you not), "FLK". It's a highly technical term, (cough) which stands for "funny looking kid", (which would be appropriate in this case). A surgery resident was charting next to me once and said "You think I can write FLK with a GLM ?" I said "What''s that ?" He said "A funny lookin' kid with a good lookin' mom". I said "Ahhhhh, maybe better not". Tongue

[+] 2 users Like Bucky Ball's post
23-12-2014, 09:27 AM
Yep, science is dead: http://phys.org/news/2014-12-halting-pho...ssion.html

Give me your argument in the form of a published paper, and then we can start to talk.
23-12-2014, 10:46 AM
scientific theories are dead
gravity is a scientific theory
therefore gravity is dead

therefore we can jump of building and not fall

conclusion: if anyone claims absolute certainty, then they are completely WRONG before they even say a word
23-12-2014, 11:26 AM
(23-12-2014 09:25 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(23-12-2014 09:07 AM)Full Circle Wrote:  Damn if the kid in that photo doesn’t look like a little, fat, baby vampire crying ‘cause they have him out in sunlight.

Creepy looking kid.

Yeah. That's what I thought too ... Tongue
One of the chest surgeons on that team was trained, (in part) by my dad, and we are sort of buds. He emailed us that the story would be on the radio. So proud of him.

There are abbreviations in pediatric charting, and one of them is (I kid you not), "FLK". It's a highly technical term, (cough) which stands for "funny looking kid", (which would be appropriate in this case). A surgery resident was charting next to me once and said "You think I can write FLK with a GLM ?" I said "What''s that ?" He said "A funny lookin' kid with a good lookin' mom". I said "Ahhhhh, maybe better not". Tongue

If you're 21, you weren't "charting" next to a surgery resident. A surgery resident is a medical doctor who works in a hospital. If you worked in a hospital and had any capacity to be "charting" next to a surgical resident, you damn sure would have bragged about it--in here or in your bio.

And this is what I mean when I say you're BS doesn't add up. You may be a nurse or a doctor, but then you're not 21. If you're 21 and still in college, you're not "charting" next to a surgery resident. Unless you're in med school--and someone like you would have bragged about that.

So, you don't add up, BB. I'm not saying you are some fat little creature in your mom's basement, and I'm not saying you have narcissistic personality disorder, but fat little creatures with NPD, always make statements, little name drops here and there, little grandiose hints to control the perceptions of others--but they never make them very logical.

A nurse I once worked with was like that. She would tell stories about meeting celebrities on elevators, going to law school, being a building contractor, etc...

So, shoot me down. Why were you "charting" next to a surgery resident? It's just a question. [Image: nixweiss.gif]

Or, tell me to fuck off, BB, and I promise you, I will never respond to another thing you post in this forum. That's a deal.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user