Science is Dead

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
23-12-2014, 02:11 PM
RE: Science is Dead
(23-12-2014 09:25 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  A surgery resident was charting next to me once and said...

(23-12-2014 11:26 AM)Gordon Wrote:  Why were you "charting" next to a surgery resident? It's just a question.[Image: nixweiss.gif]

Gordon, if you can't even get the most simple, basic details straight, how do you expect anyone to ever take you seriously? It's just a question. [Image: nixweiss.gif]

@DonaldTrump, Patriotism is not honoring your flag no matter what your country/leader does. It's doing whatever it takes to make your country the best it can be as long as its not violent.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Impulse's post
23-12-2014, 02:52 PM
(23-12-2014 02:11 PM)Impulse Wrote:  
(23-12-2014 09:25 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  A surgery resident was charting next to me once and said...

(23-12-2014 11:26 AM)Gordon Wrote:  Why were you "charting" next to a surgery resident? It's just a question.[Image: nixweiss.gif]

Gordon, if you can't even get the most simple, basic details straight, how do you expect anyone to ever take you seriously? It's just a question. [Image: nixweiss.gif]

Fine. He didn't say "he" was charting, just that the resident was charting. Maybe he was with his super-dad in the Hospital and one of his dad's residents was charting and he was sitting there exposing patient information to him. Fine. It could have happened that way.

...of course, that's not how it sounds does it? And when someone tells me Jack Nicholson patted them on the head in an elevator when they were a child, and they said some perky thing to him, and he laughed. Well, that's possible. I mean I'm sure Jack Nicholson laughs at kids sometimes.

But here's BB's bio in a nutshell:

He's a surfer and a male model, who loves to workout for the endorphin rush, but he's extremely intelligent and has perfect recall of verbal inputs. He lives in a wealthy area of California with his brothers and Dad and they raise horses as a family business. Of course his dad is a "surgeon" and a Ph.D., and BB himself goes to two different universities, one is Harvard and one is Cal Tech. At one of these he's studying something, but he won't say. He does lead us to believe it is either "surgery" or astrophysics. At the other school, he is in a Ph.D. program for religious studies. Oh, and he's 21. Oh, and he plays classical music and is memorizing all of Beethoven's piano sonatas, a feet Beethoven probably didn't have down. He's also a mathematician--game theory.

Now, fine. All that could be true. There's no way to know. But he paints a picture of a young happy male model, but in the forum, he's a negative, abusive, stalker-bully. He writes like an older adult, a bitter older adult. His atheism isn't newbie, 21-year-old atheism. It's decades old atheism. It's atheism that has eroded all hope.

Actually, though, I'm not sure BB is really a narcissist. I think if he were 21, he would be, and his picture would be that of someone with a very domineering father. If his bio is all true, then I get a picture of a schizoaffective person who's family can barely deal with him. He makes things up in order to boost his self-esteem. It's not that uncommon actually.

But I don't think that's the case. Because I think he's an older man pretending to be a younger man. If he turned out to be the pastor of a church, it wouldn't surprise me at all. I think this forum is his secret playground.

And I'm not going to analyze him anymore. I don't want to find out his "secrets." I really don't. We can all be whatever we want to be in a forum. Everything is prima facie, and that's the way I like it. We stand or fall on our communication skills, our intelligence, our sense of humor, our ideas. That's how it should be.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
23-12-2014, 03:04 PM (This post was last modified: 23-12-2014 04:42 PM by Bucky Ball.)
(23-12-2014 02:52 PM)Gordon Wrote:  
(23-12-2014 02:11 PM)Impulse Wrote:  Gordon, if you can't even get the most simple, basic details straight, how do you expect anyone to ever take you seriously? It's just a question. [Image: nixweiss.gif]

Fine. He didn't say "he" was charting, just that the resident was charting. Maybe he was with his super-dad in the Hospital and one of his dad's residents was charting and he was sitting there exposing patient information to him. Fine. It could have happened that way.

...of course, that's not how it sounds does it? And when someone tells me Jack Nicholson patted them on the head in an elevator when they were a child, and they said some perky thing to him, and he laughed. Well, that's possible. I mean I'm sure Jack Nicholson laughs at kids sometimes.

He's a surfer and a male model, who loves to workout for the endorphin rush, but he's extremely intelligent and has perfect recall of verbal inputs. He lives in a wealthy area of California with his brothers and Dad and they raise horses as a family business. Of course his dad is a "surgeon" and a Ph.D., and BB himself goes to two different universities, one is Harvard and one is Cal Tech. At one of these he's studying something, but he won't say. He does lead us to believe it is either "surgery" or astrophysics. At the other school, he is in a Ph.D. program for religious studies. Oh, and he's 21. Oh, and he plays classical music and is memorizing all of Beethoven's piano sonatas, a feet* Beethoven probably didn't have down. He's also a mathematician--game theory.

Now, fine. All that could be true. There's no way to know. But he paints a picture of a young happy male model, but in the forum, he's a negative, abusive, stalker-bully. He writes like an older adult, a bitter older adult. His atheism isn't newbie, 21-year-old atheism. It's decades old atheism. It's atheism that has eroded all hope.

Actually, though, I'm not sure BB is really a narcissist. I think if he were 21, he would be, and his picture would be that of someone with a very domineering father. If his bio is all true, then I get a picture of a schizoaffective person who's family can barely deal with him. He makes things up in order to boost his self-esteem. It's not that uncommon actually.

But I don't think that's the case. Because I think he's an older man pretending to be a younger man. If he turned out to be the pastor of a church, it wouldn't surprise me at all. I think this forum is his secret playground.

And I'm not going to analyze him anymore. I don't want to find out his "secrets." I really don't. We can all be whatever we want to be in a forum. Everything is prima facie, and that's the way I like it. We stand or fall on our communication skills, our intelligence, our sense of humor, our ideas. That's how it should be.

http://www.thethinkingatheist.com/forum/...Bucky-Ball

* feat (not feet) Mr. (cough cough) "Writer". Sure you are. Weeping
Yawn.
Old tripe rehash.
I did NOT say "one of my father's residents" was sitting next to me. More presumptuous garbage. I can't see the screen on the other side of the counter, so no one is exposing anything. More presumptuos garbage.

Gordo is an old presumptuous fool. No one ever said anything about any Jack Nicholson. WTF has THAT got to do with anything ? Just like the last time Gordo infected TTA, he accused me of "stalking" him as he's a total narcissist and ONLY understands the world in terms of HIMSELF, HIS life, and the pathetic way HE knows the world. He cannot imagine something outside HIMSELF. He HATES being shown to be a fool by someone younger than him. The fact is I target ALL bullshit. He just happens to be more full of it than anyone else. He posts COMPLETE garbage, and is SO full of crap he actually thinks people are going to take his idiot crap seriously. He's a laughingstock.

Since Gordo has NO communication skills, NO knowledge of basic science, (therefore cannot possibly be either a nurse, a mental health nurse, OR an ex-cardiac nurse), no intelligence, no knowledge of religion, or the Bible, and absolutely NO sense of humor, we can only hope he'll have another tantrum and get himself "all gone" really soon, yet again. (Oh, but then he'll have NOWHERE to peddle his woo-woo bullshit ... as NO ONE else will have him). Weeping

The REAL question here, is why would Gordo be SO OBSESSED with me and my bio. Consider I think Gordo is very very angry about his past, his situation, and his life opportunities, and very very deeply depressed. He NEEDS to feel he's "special" with regard to his non-existent god, and weird religion, as he's getting on in age, and never really made anything of himself. He hates himself, and in order to feel special, he has to be the "founder and leader" of a religion. He needs help, badly.
Why pick religion ? Because it has next to no barriers to entry. Anyone can set up a church and claim to be the *special one* of the Second Coming. It's really scary, but he probably is seriously convinced of these delusions and confabulations. If someone came into the hospital, and told the story he has here, he would be transferred to the Psych floor.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post
23-12-2014, 03:10 PM
(23-12-2014 02:52 PM)Gordon Wrote:  
(23-12-2014 02:11 PM)Impulse Wrote:  Gordon, if you can't even get the most simple, basic details straight, how do you expect anyone to ever take you seriously? It's just a question. [Image: nixweiss.gif]

He's a surfer and a male model, who loves to workout for the endorphin rush, but he's extremely intelligent and has perfect recall of verbal inputs. He lives in a wealthy area of California with his brothers and Dad and they raise horses as a family business. Of course his dad is a "surgeon" and a Ph.D., and BB himself goes to two different universities, one is Harvard and one is Cal Tech. At one of these he's studying something, but he won't say. He does lead us to believe it is either "surgery" or astrophysics. At the other school, he is in a Ph.D. program for religious studies. Oh, and he's 21. Oh, and he plays classical music and is memorizing all of Beethoven's piano sonatas, a feet Beethoven probably didn't have down. He's also a mathematician--game theory.

You know, I'm really surprised at you Gordon. So many questions and so much uncertainty. Why haven't you asked Jesus to explain it all to you? You being the first of the chosen few and all, I would think that would be the least he could do. Consider

@DonaldTrump, Patriotism is not honoring your flag no matter what your country/leader does. It's doing whatever it takes to make your country the best it can be as long as its not violent.
[+] 1 user Likes Impulse's post
23-12-2014, 03:24 PM
(23-12-2014 03:10 PM)Impulse Wrote:  You know, I'm really surprised at you Gordon. So many questions and so much uncertainty. Why haven't you asked Jesus to explain it all to you? You being the first of the chosen few and all, I would think that would be the least he could do. Consider

I was thinking about that earlier... why would it take so many years to refine Verwhateverism if god was actually revealing anything? I can understand maybe not being able to understand it all in one shot, but surely god could have "inspired" St Gordon to write the revealed text even if it wasn't understood immediately. On the other hand, if it's just another gospel written and modified over time by a human then numerous revisions would be expected.

Funny how god always works entirely within the limits of the person claiming to be in touch with him. Never any scientific breakthroughs or even just coordinates of where to dig for evidence of the exodus or the ark or anything at all that might actually back up the claims.

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
23-12-2014, 03:30 PM
He already published his abomination gospel once before.
Why didn't Jebus get it right the first time ?

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
23-12-2014, 03:40 PM
(23-12-2014 02:52 PM)Gordon Wrote:  But here's BB's bio in a nutshell:

...Oh, and he plays classical music and is memorizing all of Beethoven's piano sonatas, a feet Beethoven probably didn't have down. He's also a mathematician--game theory.

That in itself is not so hard to believe. I personally know someone who has memorized all of Beethoven's piano sonatas (I know, because I saw/heard him play them, with no sheet music to be seen), has played with major symphony orchestras, has a mathematics degree from Harvard, and has published papers in philosophy and computer science. It makes me sick with jealousy that such people exist, but they do. It's not implausible that one of them could be on our forum.

Of course, it's also possible that he made it all up (how would we know one way or the other?), but even then I would have to give him points for chutzpah.
23-12-2014, 03:50 PM (This post was last modified: 23-12-2014 05:37 PM by Bucky Ball.)
(23-12-2014 03:40 PM)Grasshopper Wrote:  
(23-12-2014 02:52 PM)Gordon Wrote:  But here's BB's bio in a nutshell:

...Oh, and he plays classical music and is memorizing all of Beethoven's piano sonatas, a feet Beethoven probably didn't have down. He's also a mathematician--game theory.

That in itself is not so hard to believe. I personally know someone who has memorized all of Beethoven's piano sonatas (I know, because I saw/heard him play them, with no sheet music to be seen), has played with major symphony orchestras, has a mathematics degree from Harvard, and has published papers in philosophy and computer science. It makes me sick with jealousy that such people exist, but they do. It's not implausible that one of them could be on our forum.

Of course, it's also possible that he made it all up (how would we know one way or the other?), but even then I would have to give him points for chutzpah.

I never said I was a mathematician. I never said I knew "Game Theory". There is NOTHING about that there. He lied, per his usual. I wanted to learn just enough to beat one "game" ("gaming" ... as in ONE Vegas type game) that was generally not thought to be predictable. I know nothing about "Game Theory". I said I was interested in the "math of gaming", (as in "can one gamble and make a profit, in some circumstances ?" ) As usual, he ONLY understands what he wants to understand, the way he wants to understand it, in light of his own pathetic life and failed life experiences.

[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post
23-12-2014, 06:03 PM
(23-12-2014 03:10 PM)Impulse Wrote:  You know, I'm really surprised at you Gordon. So many questions and so much uncertainty. Why haven't you asked Jesus to explain it all to you? You being the first of the chosen few and all, I would think that would be the least he could do. Consider

He would. It's me. When God talks to you, the whole thing enters your mind at once. But that's not how the ego thinks. The ego takes an idea and then translates it into language and then has a kind of internal dialog about it. That takes time, sometimes a lot of time.
23-12-2014, 06:04 PM
Hey! I got my red name and contributor badge!
[Image: yeah.gif]

Thanks Stark!