Science is Dead

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
23-12-2014, 06:09 PM
RE: Science is Dead
(23-12-2014 03:40 PM)Grasshopper Wrote:  
(23-12-2014 02:52 PM)Gordon Wrote:  But here's BB's bio in a nutshell:

...Oh, and he plays classical music and is memorizing all of Beethoven's piano sonatas, a feet Beethoven probably didn't have down. He's also a mathematician--game theory.

That in itself is not so hard to believe. I personally know someone who has memorized all of Beethoven's piano sonatas (I know, because I saw/heard him play them, with no sheet music to be seen), has played with major symphony orchestras, has a mathematics degree from Harvard, and has published papers in philosophy and computer science. It makes me sick with jealousy that such people exist, but they do. It's not implausible that one of them could be on our forum.

Of course, it's also possible that he made it all up (how would we know one way or the other?), but even then I would have to give him points for chutzpah.

Sure. Anything's possible. [Image: nixweiss.gif]

(23-12-2014 03:50 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  I never said I was a mathematician. I never said I knew "Game Theory". There is NOTHING about that there. He lied, per his usual. I wanted to learn just enough to beat one "game" ("gaming" ... as in ONE Vegas type game) that was generally not thought to be predictable. I know nothing about "Game Theory". I said I was interested in the "math of gaming", (as in "can one gamble and make a profit, in some circumstances ?" ) As usual, he ONLY understands what he wants to understand, the way he wants to understand it, in light of his own pathetic life and failed life experiences.

Keep explaining away your bio, and you won't have one anymore. Now we're down to telemetry tech who likes to gamble. But whatever. Drinking Beverage
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
23-12-2014, 06:11 PM (This post was last modified: 23-12-2014 06:33 PM by Bucky Ball.)
(23-12-2014 06:09 PM)Gordon Wrote:  
(23-12-2014 03:40 PM)Grasshopper Wrote:  That in itself is not so hard to believe. I personally know someone who has memorized all of Beethoven's piano sonatas (I know, because I saw/heard him play them, with no sheet music to be seen), has played with major symphony orchestras, has a mathematics degree from Harvard, and has published papers in philosophy and computer science. It makes me sick with jealousy that such people exist, but they do. It's not implausible that one of them could be on our forum.

Of course, it's also possible that he made it all up (how would we know one way or the other?), but even then I would have to give him points for chutzpah.

Sure. Anything's possible. [Image: nixweiss.gif]

(23-12-2014 03:50 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  I never said I was a mathematician. I never said I knew "Game Theory". There is NOTHING about that there. He lied, per his usual. I wanted to learn just enough to beat one "game" ("gaming" ... as in ONE Vegas type game) that was generally not thought to be predictable. I know nothing about "Game Theory". I said I was interested in the "math of gaming", (as in "can one gamble and make a profit, in some circumstances ?" ) As usual, he ONLY understands what he wants to understand, the way he wants to understand it, in light of his own pathetic life and failed life experiences.

Keep explaining away your bio, and you won't have one anymore. Now we're down to telemetry tech who likes to gamble. But whatever. Drinking Beverage

I see what a promise is worth in your delusional world. Lying dishonest SOB.
All hail the woo-meister.
I do get that clarifying your inability to read anything in correct detail is upsetting. You'll be OK. You made it this far in your delusions.

"Now we're down to telemetry tech who likes to gamble." That's what YOU'RE down to. We all know you can tell yourself absolutely anything, and buy into it.
Is that what your Precious Jebus revealed to you ? Yes indeed. That's gotta be it. Thumbsup
If that were true, it would still be better than an aging unemployed, failed writer, failed everything, 2-member cult leader who listens to the voices in his head, FORCED to frequent a place inhabited by people he hates and despises as he's SO starved for attention.

But whatever Drinking Beverage

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
Find all posts by this user
23-12-2014, 06:57 PM
Pretty pathetic he's relegated to the ONLY place on the entire net full of people he despises and thinks that's something to be celebrated.
Kind of like a mom putting a pork chop around a kids neck so the dog will play with him.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
23-12-2014, 07:06 PM
(23-12-2014 06:11 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  I see what a promise is worth in your delusional world. Lying dishonest SOB.

So, you want me to never respond to you again? Is that right? What about regular responses to regular comments you make? I mean I'd be willing to respond when you're civil. But if you say, do not respond to me anymore, then I won't. I'll still comment on what you say, if it's pertinent to the discussion, but I won't address you or talk about you. I can do that.

I realize you have to orbit me. So, I realize you can't stop harassing me. But I can stop responding to you altogether if that's what you want. Say the word. Cool

Quote: If that were true, it would still be better than an aging unemployed, failed writer, failed everything, 2-member cult leader who listens to the voices in his head, FORCED to frequent a place inhabited by people he hates and despises as he's SO starved for attention.

I don't hate anyone in here. I don't even hate you. You're like a psych project. Like a class project that has to be figured out, and then we all make our PowerPoint presentations about it on a Friday. You're like extra credit.

Why do you think I'm unemployed? I've had a job since I was 17. I'm a man, for Christ's sake. I pay my own bills. I paid for my own college. The food I eat, I worked for. How 'bout you?

Strike that. I actually think you are employed. What I don't think is that you're a 21-year-old college student going to two different universities: one in Massachusetts and one in California.

Shall I stop responding to you? [Image: pickteeth.gif]
23-12-2014, 07:08 PM (This post was last modified: 23-12-2014 07:12 PM by Bucky Ball.)
As I said, you're just a liar. You claim all sorts of things. Your delusions put the lie to all of it.
Why would I care what a woo-meister thinks about anything ?
You promised to never respond to me again. But you cannot help yourself.
You MUST stalk me. You cannot help yourself.

Did I ever visit your pathetic web site ?
Tell me again who orbits whom.

[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post
23-12-2014, 07:13 PM
So it is then: business as usual.[Image: laughloud.gif]

23-12-2014, 07:22 PM
yeah if you dont believe sceince to be the real god stop using the Internet.

**high five**
23-12-2014, 10:22 PM
nooo i spelt sceince wrong
23-12-2014, 10:39 PM
(23-12-2014 02:52 PM)Gordon Wrote:  
(23-12-2014 02:11 PM)Impulse Wrote:  Gordon, if you can't even get the most simple, basic details straight, how do you expect anyone to ever take you seriously? It's just a question. [Image: nixweiss.gif]

Fine. He didn't say "he" was charting, just that the resident was charting. Maybe he was with his super-dad in the Hospital and one of his dad's residents was charting and he was sitting there exposing patient information to him. Fine. It could have happened that way.

...of course, that's not how it sounds does it? And when someone tells me Jack Nicholson patted them on the head in an elevator when they were a child, and they said some perky thing to him, and he laughed. Well, that's possible. I mean I'm sure Jack Nicholson laughs at kids sometimes.

But here's BB's bio in a nutshell:

He's a surfer and a male model, who loves to workout for the endorphin rush, but he's extremely intelligent and has perfect recall of verbal inputs. He lives in a wealthy area of California with his brothers and Dad and they raise horses as a family business. Of course his dad is a "surgeon" and a Ph.D., and BB himself goes to two different universities, one is Harvard and one is Cal Tech. At one of these he's studying something, but he won't say. He does lead us to believe it is either "surgery" or astrophysics. At the other school, he is in a Ph.D. program for religious studies. Oh, and he's 21. Oh, and he plays classical music and is memorizing all of Beethoven's piano sonatas, a feet Beethoven probably didn't have down. He's also a mathematician--game theory.

Now, fine. All that could be true. There's no way to know. But he paints a picture of a young happy male model, but in the forum, he's a negative, abusive, stalker-bully. He writes like an older adult, a bitter older adult. His atheism isn't newbie, 21-year-old atheism. It's decades old atheism. It's atheism that has eroded all hope.

Actually, though, I'm not sure BB is really a narcissist. I think if he were 21, he would be, and his picture would be that of someone with a very domineering father. If his bio is all true, then I get a picture of a schizoaffective person who's family can barely deal with him. He makes things up in order to boost his self-esteem. It's not that uncommon actually.

But I don't think that's the case. Because I think he's an older man pretending to be a younger man. If he turned out to be the pastor of a church, it wouldn't surprise me at all. I think this forum is his secret playground.

And I'm not going to analyze him anymore. I don't want to find out his "secrets." I really don't. We can all be whatever we want to be in a forum. Everything is prima facie, and that's the way I like it. We stand or fall on our communication skills, our intelligence, our sense of humor, our ideas. That's how it should be.

[Image: you-sir-are-a-fucking-retard.jpg]

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes EvolutionKills's post
23-12-2014, 11:30 PM
(23-12-2014 07:08 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  As I said, you're just a liar. You claim all sorts of things. Your delusions put the lie to all of it.
Why would I care what a woo-meister thinks about anything ?
You promised to never respond to me again. But you cannot help yourself.
You MUST stalk me. You cannot help yourself.

Did I ever visit your pathetic web site ?
Tell me again who orbits whom.

People who have nothing to prove aren't desperate to prove it.