Science is Dead

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
24-12-2014, 04:50 AM (This post was last modified: 24-12-2014 05:13 AM by Bucky Ball.)
RE: Science is Dead
(23-12-2014 11:26 AM)Gordon Wrote:  So, shoot me down. Why were you "charting" next to a surgery resident? It's just a question.

Or, tell me to fuck off, BB, and I promise you, I will never respond to another thing you post in this forum. That's a deal.

Fuck off, Gordo.

You said you would :
"NEVER RESPOND TO ANOTHER THING YOU POST IN THIS FORUM"

"if I tell you to fuck off"

I'm telling you to fuck off, Gordo. That includes "commenting on".
I hope that's clear.

You're a loser, and you infect this place with bullshit woo.
Seth set up TTA as a community for non-believers. He said so. YOU are forcing yourself on people who want nothing to do with your idiotic woo.
Get the fuck lost.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post
24-12-2014, 06:33 AM
(23-12-2014 11:34 AM)Gordon Wrote:  
(23-12-2014 09:27 AM)Hafnof Wrote:  Yep, science is dead: http://phys.org/news/2014-12-halting-pho...ssion.html

It's not dead because we can't do things. It's dead because what we can do and discover is becoming less meaningful and useful. We could find out much more about subatomic particles if we would just build a particle accelerator the length of the equator. But to what end? For all the trouble, who cares is there's another class of quarks?
Yep, science is dead: http://www.science20.com/news_articles/w...ery-151640

(23-12-2014 11:34 AM)Gordon Wrote:  We can easily build a spacecraft to take astronauts to Neptune. But human beings can't survive the trip.
Yep, science is dead: http://www.thebatt.com/news/view.php/857...ght-passes

(23-12-2014 11:34 AM)Gordon Wrote:  Science is dying because we know what we need to know. It's time we start trying to figure out the mind and consciousness, because after all, that's what it's all for. Our bodies are there to keep our mind going. And all our science is for making our world better for our bodies.

Science is "dying" because you are not keeping up. Science is "dying" because the experiments that were exciting when you were interested in science have all more or less been completed and explored, and the scientific community has moved on to the results of newer interesting topics. Science is not dying. In the other thread you talked about noone being excited about Windows releases anymore as evidence of your thesis. Funny how people are lining up to get Android 5.0.

Yep, science is dead: http://gadgets.ndtv.com/mobiles/news/and...led-639187

Science is dead because no one cares about Windows now. Its mojo spent. Oh, my youth! What I valued as a child is broken and boring now. Why oh why won't they revive it? Newfangled-bloody-smartphones-won't-ever-understand-them. Certainly! Science is dead.

Give me your argument in the form of a published paper, and then we can start to talk.
24-12-2014, 06:40 AM
Sorry if someone has already highlighted this, but isn't the fact theories are constantly challenged proof that science has not descended into the undead status of dogma and is, indeed, very much alive and kicking?

Just saying...

"I don't mind being wrong...it's a time I get to learn something new..."
Me.
N.B: I routinely make edits to posts to correct grammar or spelling, or to restate a point more clearly. I only notify edits if they materially change meaning.
[+] 1 user Likes gofish!'s post
24-12-2014, 07:18 AM
(24-12-2014 06:40 AM)gofish! Wrote:  Sorry if someone has already highlighted this, but isn't the fact theories are constantly challenged proof that science has not descended into the undead status of dogma and is, indeed, very much alive and kicking?

Just saying...

The nitwits among us say that it indicates that scientists can't make up their minds Rolleyes

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
24-12-2014, 07:32 AM
(23-12-2014 06:03 PM)Gordon Wrote:  When God talks to you, the whole thing enters your mind at once. But that's not how the ego thinks. The ego takes an idea and then translates it into language and then has a kind of internal dialog about it. That takes time, sometimes a lot of time.

God can't make you understand it all instantly despite your human limitations? Geez, for an omnipotent being, he sure seems... well, limited. Consider

@DonaldTrump, Patriotism is not honoring your flag no matter what your country/leader does. It's doing whatever it takes to make your country the best it can be as long as its not violent.
[+] 1 user Likes Impulse's post
24-12-2014, 03:52 PM (This post was last modified: 24-12-2014 04:05 PM by Gordon.)
(24-12-2014 04:50 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(23-12-2014 11:26 AM)Gordon Wrote:  So, shoot me down. Why were you "charting" next to a surgery resident? It's just a question.

Or, tell me to fuck off, BB, and I promise you, I will never respond to another thing you post in this forum. That's a deal.

Fuck off, Gordo.

You said you would :
"NEVER RESPOND TO ANOTHER THING YOU POST IN THIS FORUM"

"if I tell you to fuck off"

I'm telling you to fuck off, Gordo. That includes "commenting on".
I hope that's clear.

You're a loser, and you infect this place with bullshit woo.
Seth set up TTA as a community for non-believers. He said so. YOU are forcing yourself on people who want nothing to do with your idiotic woo.
Get the fuck lost.

I just got an e-mail from Seth thanking me for my donation. He didn't just set up this forum for atheists.

http://www.thethinkingatheist.com/forum/...d-Behavior

TTA’s forum is a place for discussion. It exists to provide conversation, support, encouragement, information and community to the atheist, the agnostic, the freethinker and all those interested in seeking knowledge and wisdom.

You're pathetic. You have to lie in an online forum to make yourself seem bigger. I blew up your bio and now you're all pissed off. You don't really think anyone reads that stupid bio of yours and believes it for one second do you? They may not challenge you on it like I do, because after all, who gives a shit, but a fact is a fact.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
24-12-2014, 03:53 PM (This post was last modified: 24-12-2014 03:57 PM by Gordon.)
Nah, I was wrong about that whole promise thing. So long as you comment on my posts, I'm going to comment on yours. So, you just keep begging me to leave you alone. All you have to do is walk away. Big Grin
24-12-2014, 03:59 PM
(24-12-2014 07:32 AM)Impulse Wrote:  
(23-12-2014 06:03 PM)Gordon Wrote:  When God talks to you, the whole thing enters your mind at once. But that's not how the ego thinks. The ego takes an idea and then translates it into language and then has a kind of internal dialog about it. That takes time, sometimes a lot of time.

God can't make you understand it all instantly despite your human limitations? Geez, for an omnipotent being, he sure seems... well, limited. Consider

It's called mercy. And besides, He limits Himself any way He wants to. So...back to omnipotent, I guess. Banana_zorro
24-12-2014, 04:11 PM
By the title I can tell you live in the united states, but that is besides the point.

I want to be zoology professor and/or researcher, meaning that I want to educated and increase knowledge of all things in zoology, evolution, genetics, mathematics, and zoological paleontology. And despite me disliking the U.S and wanting to work in japan, I still hope what I say can go from Japan to the U.S so that american can learn to love science, as it is decreasing here, as shown by the fact most teens lack interest in the method.

Now on science being dead it is not, just because it looks like the in the U.S does not mean the rest of the world. Asia and Europe pretty much boomed in science, and knowing their high population science is not dead. South america too is growing an interest in science. Just because the U.S is beginning to choose religion>science, does not mean it can change its mind in the next 100, 1000, or even one year from now.

Also learn this, science is what makes what you have. Like your computer, like your car, like the food you eat, like the medicine that helps you feel better? You can thank biology, physics, and chemistry for that. If science where to die, so would we, science not only builds models for knowledge, it builds models for our survival. If you would rather live like humans without science, like those in your religion, then go ahead, but I will sit here in my science heated house, with my science powered xbox and PC, and my science improved food to eat.

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
24-12-2014, 04:41 PM
(20-06-2012 12:45 AM)Egor Wrote:  Science is dead. They have recently discovered that the standard model is not correct. You can see this article, but I doubt it will make any sense to you.

http://www.thebunsenburner.com/news/stan...cientists/

The fact is no one ever really understood the standard model or why subatomic particles behave the way they do, and everyone knows that unless you can say why an electron behaves the way it does, or why a positron behaves the way it does, that it's pointless to try to make a theory about them. Science has come to its end.

Granted, that doesn't mean that God exists. But seriously, who gives a shit if God exists. He plays His games, and we play ours. We are created for His purpose and we automatically try to live out that purpose--that's it.

Our technology will give us a few more cool inventions, but that's about it. Even now, hardly anyone has a purpose for a tablet, and cell phones have become the gaming tools of idiots. There's nothing else we need. We can feed the world, we just don't. We can cure what we can cure, and that's it--all of us will eventually go by heart disease or cancer, and nothing can stop that.

We are headed for a new dark age where nothing happens. People can't survive in space for long periods of time, so forget any mission to Mars--why bother? We certainly can't and won't go any further than that.

We're going to have to start looking at the spiritual side of mankind. Why do we have precognition? What's up with NDE's? What are we supposed to do with the time we have?

Remember when you (meaning atheists) said "God is dead"? Well guess what? Science is dead.

Deal with that. Laughat

Me read this. Me not can make right words no more. That what I read make me dumber.
[+] 2 users Like Drunkin Druid's post