Science is Dead

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
22-06-2012, 01:54 AM (This post was last modified: 22-06-2012 05:56 AM by Logisch.)
RE: Science is Dead
(22-06-2012 01:52 AM)pppgggr Wrote:  I wanted to read the article, but the link took me to the main site instead. It seems most of the links on this site arent working correctly for me. Could it be Google Chrome?

*edit* Cantor was correct, just moved to front page.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
22-06-2012, 05:26 AM
Removed, as in, on the front page, under Thursday, June 21... Tongue

[Image: ZF1ZJ4M.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
22-06-2012, 05:37 AM
Ah i missed it then. LOL! I looked and couldn't find it. You're right, they moved it.

New link.
http://www.thebunsenburner.com/news/stan...cientists/
22-06-2012, 07:53 AM
Is science alive again yet? It's hot here and I'd like to use my AC and other emenities that science has brought us.

" Generally speaking, the errors in religion are dangerous; those in philosophy only ridiculous."
David Hume
[+] 2 users Like KidCharlemagne1962's post
22-06-2012, 08:10 AM
(22-06-2012 07:53 AM)KidCharlemagne1962 Wrote:  Is science alive again yet? It's hot here and I'd like to use my AC and other emenities that science has brought us.
Theist gets all riled up from news obtained from internet.

Theist posts rant to internet saying science is dead.

Nope. No irony there.

[Image: ZF1ZJ4M.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like houseofcantor's post
22-06-2012, 01:34 PM

(22-06-2012 01:34 AM)DeepThought Wrote:  Yeah, you picked this thread title like a news editors pick headlines (to grab the most attention).

Also you clearly misrepresented the article you referenced. You must be smart enough to know this. I've seen evidence of your intelligence so I don't think it's possible for you to do this without doing this knowingly. That just makes you dishonest.

No, my opinion is that science is dead and this article I referenced is my supporting evidence. So deal with it. And while you're at it deal with the fact that your religion is dead (the religion of atheism). As science becomes more and more speculative without any real technological return, your religion will become as mythical as Christianity or the Greek gods before it. Atheism is dead.

And for your information, it's not about getting attention. You guys are the ones responsible for me getting attention. I posted because I felt bad that I hadn't posted in a while. Weeping
Quote this message in a reply
22-06-2012, 01:54 PM
(22-06-2012 01:34 PM)Egor Wrote:  No, my opinion is that science is dead and this article I referenced is my supporting evidence. So deal with it. And while you're at it deal with the fact that your religion is dead (the religion of atheism). As science becomes more and more speculative without any real technological return, your religion will become as mythical as Christianity or the Greek gods before it. Atheism is dead.
Your assertion... that science is dead... nah. Well I mean, I guess you see it as equivalent to religion, no? Something like that the Christians all worship God and we all bow down at the altar of science and none of us is any closer to the truth?

But this whole deal with it thing - dude Tongue Relax. If science is really dead then it's no big loss. If we've been doing it wrong all this time, then to *kill* it we must have something better right? So whatever kills science will be a deeper understanding. And I'm all in favour of that.

And right now... there are vast technological returns still to be reaped. Maybe not right at the cutting edge - but even if all pure research stopped right now and we had to work with what we've got... man, we haven't even *begun* to explore the fun things you can do with transistors, and that's tech from the 50s.

The only fear that I have is that this right now is the high point of our civilization, that the money will run out, that other problems, wars, poverty and population pressure will drag us back from this small hillock on which we stand without ever being able to climb the next crag. But that's the only thing that can kill science (in my so humble opinion Tongue ) - not that we hit a wall in terms of what we can explore, but that our reach is reduced. And even that fear is only a niggle at the back of my mind, not really credible at the moment.

Please do continue posting Smile I know you can be kinda grouchy sometimes but it's nice to see you still around, still thinking and bouncing ideas off people. I don't know... I wanna just... ask nicely that you might tone down the machismo a teensy bit Wink We'll easily deal with it, if we ever admit that your claim is true, because it's better to know truth than falsehood. But we wanna pull the claim to pieces first because we're conservative about changing our minds...
22-06-2012, 01:57 PM
(22-06-2012 01:34 PM)Egor Wrote:  And for your information, it's not about getting attention. You guys are the ones responsible for me getting attention. I posted because I felt bad that I hadn't posted in a while. Weeping
I like the fact that you posted this article and tried to make believe it kills science. It reassures the free thinkers of the world that we are on the right thinking track. Thanks for keeping us on the straight and narrow.
Feel free to share your thoughts anytime. The entertainment value is priceless. Thumbsup

The old gods are dead, let's invent some new ones before something really bad happens.
[+] 4 users Like Thomas's post
22-06-2012, 02:25 PM (This post was last modified: 22-06-2012 04:12 PM by Bucky Ball.)
(22-06-2012 01:34 PM)Egor Wrote:  I posted because I felt bad that I hadn't posted in a while.

Popey Paramecium gotta come out on da balconey and bless the assembled throngs at least once a week.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
22-06-2012, 03:00 PM
(22-06-2012 01:34 PM)Egor Wrote:  No, my opinion is that science is dead and this article I referenced is my supporting evidence. So deal with it.

So one thing may be wrong and that means science is dead? You clearly have no idea of what science is do you?

(22-06-2012 01:34 PM)Egor Wrote:  And while you're at it deal with the fact that your religion is dead (the religion of atheism). As science becomes more and more speculative without any real technological return, your religion will become as mythical as Christianity or the Greek gods before it. Atheism is dead.

[Image: Holy-Facepalm.jpg]

Behold the power of the force!
[Image: fgYtjtY.gif]
[+] 3 users Like FSM_scot's post