Science is Dead

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
22-06-2012, 03:12 PM
RE: Science is Dead
The religion of atheism... That's a laugh! Most children would know better than to post things like that. Are you trolling?

So what central dogma do we have here that is universally accepted by all atheists?

It's like you have multiple personalities... The flaming Egor personality is back!

“Forget Jesus, the stars died so you could be born.” - Lawrence M. Krauss
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 5 users Like DeepThought's post
22-06-2012, 03:36 PM
(22-06-2012 01:34 PM)Egor Wrote:  As science becomes more and more speculative without any real technological return, your religion will become as mythical as Christianity or the Greek gods before it. Atheism is dead.

Atheism is Atheism. It stands on it's own separate from science. You seem to think they are somehow linked. I suppose allot of atheists like science and agree with the philosophy though that isn't required to be atheist.

From what I see technology is advancing faster than before. It's advancing so quickly many of us are having trouble keeping up with the changes.
There is no evidence of any technological slowdown in any field.

You work in medicine right? Do you follow the developments in regenerative medicine, Stem cells, etc?

What about immunology? Did you hear about the alzheimer's vaccine that treats the most common form of alzheimer's (90% of the population suffer from that form)
Chances are most of us here won't have to deal with this crippling disease once we get to that age range.
http://psychcentral.com/news/2012/06/08/...39885.html

So where do you get the idea that science is slowing down? So far it looks like it's all in your head. Your article doesn't show science is slowing down. It's only showing progress.

Finding or not finding the higgs boson is scientific progress either way. It's win/win. Don't you understand that?

“Forget Jesus, the stars died so you could be born.” - Lawrence M. Krauss
[+] 6 users Like DeepThought's post
22-06-2012, 03:44 PM
(22-06-2012 03:36 PM)DeepThought Wrote:  It stands on it's own separate from science.

Get 'im, LJ!

living word
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes houseofcantor's post
22-06-2012, 04:00 PM
Science is the endeavor to understand the physical world.
Religion is a method to explain the real world through mythology when no other way to know exists.
Science replaces religion, but religion cannot replace science.
If science is all wrong it doesn't mean that religion is correct, religion is still incorrect.
Atheism is a result of seeing how science better explains the real world.
I don't see any way for science to stop evolving or religion to remain valid over time.
Science is the anti-christ just as knowledge is the anti-superstition.

The old gods are dead, let's invent some new ones before something really bad happens.
[+] 1 user Likes Thomas's post
22-06-2012, 05:32 PM
Guess Egor is going to have to stop using cell phones, cars, medicine, drink from the source directly, build his own house, etc.

Don't dismiss science so lightly and then go "But this doesn't prove god...". We all see right through the thinly veiled curtain that is exactly what you are doing. If you weren't then you wouldn't bother attacking science like it's somehow the root cause of non belief.

Religions attempting to assert constant stupidity is the root of non belief and that root gets larger everyday around the world now that we have more answers then questions.
[+] 2 users Like Godless's post
22-06-2012, 08:57 PM
As I've mentioned before, Igor, I really feel for you. I think you might be going through some psychological turmoil.

For some reason, this latest bout of anti-science anti-atheism stuff seems like a last gasp effort by that god virus embedded in your mind to hold onto its grasp.

I truly hope that you'll make a clean break one of these days. Though I laugh at most of your recent assertions, the truth is that I feel really bad because it seems like you might be going through some tough times in you mind.

Join the Logic Speaks Community

I am the unconverted
[+] 6 users Like lightninlives's post
22-06-2012, 10:20 PM
Egor - you are good for a laugh and I've been laughing a lot lately.
There is nothing rational I can say to you. It's simply a waste of time trying to refute any point you attempt to make, because your words are ridiculous.

So much of this forum is really centered around comedy, because it's laughable.
It's as if some people are trying to have a serious discussion about Darth Vader, Luke and the Death Star - some holy trinity
And the rest of us are like - "You realize that's all fiction right" ? - We're just here making fun of you.

Insanity - doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results
[+] 1 user Likes Rahn127's post
22-06-2012, 11:59 PM

(22-06-2012 01:54 PM)morondog Wrote:  The only fear that I have is that this right now is the high point of our civilization, that the money will run out, that other problems, wars, poverty and population pressure will drag us back from this small hillock on which we stand without ever being able to climb the next crag. But that's the only thing that can kill science (in my so humble opinion Tongue ) - not that we hit a wall in terms of what we can explore, but that our reach is reduced. And even that fear is only a niggle at the back of my mind, not really credible at the moment.

Actually, that's exactly what I'm talking about. We are at a point of diminished returns. For instance, we can make cellphones tiny, but no one could use them then. We could find out more about sub-atomic particles, but we'd have to build an accelerator that stretched around the globe. And what would that give us? Nothing. Nothing we could use anyway.

Or consider space exploration: We can't travel in space, not for any significant distance, and even if we could, we're light years away from anything that might matter to us--and then we might get there only to find out it doesn't. But that doesn't matter, because the human body can't travel in space beyond maybe Mars at best. And there's no reason to do that.

Technology is not dead; theoretical science is dead.

Quote:Please do continue posting Smile I know you can be kinda grouchy sometimes but it's nice to see you still around, still thinking and bouncing ideas off people. I don't know... I wanna just... ask nicely that you might tone down the machismo a teensy bit Wink

Did you really say, "Teensy bit?"

Censored
Quote this message in a reply
23-06-2012, 04:00 AM
(22-06-2012 11:59 PM)Egor Wrote:  
Quote:Please do continue posting Smile I know you can be kinda grouchy sometimes but it's nice to see you still around, still thinking and bouncing ideas off people. I don't know... I wanna just... ask nicely that you might tone down the machismo a teensy bit Wink
Did you really say, "Teensy bit?"

Censored
We flower fairies don't like it when people don't play nice in the garden Tongue
23-06-2012, 06:09 AM
http://richarddawkins.net/articles/64631...oson-found

You might wanna check this out ebore.

Now what I want to know is that if this is true will you recant your statement about the Higgs Boson and agree that this could be the dawn of an exciting new era in science. Or will you just keep being a deluded pig fucker.

"Belief means not wanting to know what is true"
Friedrich Nietzsche
[+] 1 user Likes Eternal's post