Science is a Religion.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
07-01-2012, 03:41 PM
RE: Science is a Religion.
Wow this thread has gone crazy. People should calm down a bit.

James 1:27
"Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: to look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world"

"Atheists express their rage against God although in their view He does not exist." C.S. Lewis
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
07-01-2012, 03:45 PM (This post was last modified: 07-01-2012 03:50 PM by AbdelZ.)
(07-01-2012 03:19 PM)morondog Wrote:  
(07-01-2012 01:45 PM)Jackrabbit Wrote:  No sir, fuck you and fuck islam, fuck mohamed and fuck allah and all your other imaginary friends.

Well said Smile

You say "well said " to that filthy vulgar shit ? you do seem to have a very "good "taste , i see = disgusting = you cannot sink lower , silly childish fascist human trash garbage that you are all

(07-01-2012 03:41 PM)Sharks9 Wrote:  Wow this thread has gone crazy. People should calm down a bit.

well, , see for yourself how 'rational polite decent civilized " these coward vulgar filthy human trash garbage are = " la creme de la creme " of humanity = disgusting

(06-01-2012 12:50 PM)Jackrabbit Wrote:  I was having a debate with a muslim friend of mine on skype.
We were talking about how there's no evidence for religious belief and he gave me this Gem of a quote from a muslim apologetics forum.

"Atheist; God is not falsifiable, simply because you require faith in Him.

answer: wouldn't that be neat if everything was falsifiable? Well sadly some things aren't. When a scientist believes in string theory due to it's mathematical harmony; despite that it's not falsifiable, people seem to look the other way. But if a theist believes in God based on a harmony in his world-view, it's like everybody goes: "look at that blind fool..." [Both are faith based, so why the double standards?]"

Aparently hes under the impression that sceintists believe religiously in string theory or any other theory and that justifies belief in god.

and that made me facepalm...

He works under the assumption that scientists believe in a theory beyond evidence and that its a double standard.

A good example against that claim is Einstein's theory of relativity, in which he produced testable predictions and and refused to believe in them until they were actually tested and yeilded results. e.g. expanding universe was verified later on by Hubble.

He doesn't for a moment think about the concept of scientific theory or the scientific method, that when scientists consider something like String theory or any other scientific theory that they do so based on evidence; nobody just comes up with a crazy theory without evidence to support his claim, in the case of string theory its mathmatical and not faith based.

String theory was not privately revealed and has no dogma attached to it, if tomorrow someone comes out demonstrating that string theory is invalid
based on evidence, no rational person would comit to it without reasonable proof, just as no one now comits to outdated theories such as the Cubical Atom and the Geocentric Earth.

The only reason theorists work under the assumption that a certain theory is an accurate model is to produce testable predictions that can verify or falsify that model.

Religion on the other hand works under the assumption that their version of god is the correct one, and when evidence and contradictions in their beliefs discrediting the notion arises, they still cling to it like a child on his mother's teat and then call "double standard" and shout "bigot".

Science corrects itself, it keeps itself in line, it is continually trying to prove itself wrong so it can come up with better and more accurate models of how the universe works. And there are many many theories in the history of scientific understanding that were proven inaccurate and better models were built. One of these theories was the notion put forth in the dark ages that light is emitted from the eye reflects on objects and returns back
was replaced by the more accurate theory that light rays produced from a light source (the sun. light bulb, etc.) reflects off of objects and into the eye.

Anyone wants to weigh in?

Hi, you should study islam deeply , silly fool, before you dare say anything on the matter , don't you think ?

I do not think you were a muslim either & it shows = any average muslim can see that through : you might be just some lunatic pretending to have left islam in order to demonize islam ...nice try

First of all , religion & science have different natures:

Science is all about material processes while islam for example is all about both matter & spirit

Science tries to explain the material processes while islam gives paradigms in regard to both the material & spiritual aspects of life , the universe ...

Second : the scientific method itself had islamic Qur'anic origin = science as the legetimate natural daughter of islam = science & islam as the 2 sides of the same story
science trying to explain the sacred & vice versa = both islam & science feed back each other
Even evolution was discovered by muslims for the first time ever before Darwin was even born

Third : modern science has become a kindda religion sometimes , especially under ideological materialism' s domination, excluding all non-materialistic paradigms in the process

Fourth:

No rational person can deny the pure scientific facts as such , but materialism had in fact imposed some of its prescriptive interpretative speculative ideological non-sense to science as "scientific facts " like the "fact ' that life itself is just a matter of "material processes" or the "fact " that the intellect is just a product of evolution , not to mention thus the "fact " that the very nature & function of the human consciousness is just a matter of material neuronal activity due to the so-called evolutionary complexity of the human brain = emergent property theory

Many scientists whisleblowers have been condemning the materialistic orthodoxy in science , so

It's only a matter of time before materialism in science & elsewhere will be sent to Alice's wonderland , together with its materialistic mechanical deterministic "newtonian-cartesian " paradigm

Did Roger or Francis Bacon Really Discover The Scientific Method ?

Source: Briffault's "Making of Humanity " you can download for free here below :

http://www.archive.org/details/makingofh...00brifrich

Here u go :

Note that the author mentions the "Arabic civilization or Arabic science " instead of saying the islamic ones : Arabs were in the minority concerning the latters

Excerpt from "The Reconstruction of Religious Thought " by Sir Dr.Muhammad Iqbal u can download for free here below , quoting Briffault : chapter 5 : The spirit of muslim culture :

(....Europe has been rather slow to recognise the islamic origin of her scientific method .But full recognition of the fact has at last come .Let me quote one or two passages from Briffault's making of Humanity :

Quote :

"....It was under their succesors at that Oxford school that Roger Bacon learned Arabic & Arabic science .Neither Roger Bacon nor his later namesake has any title to be credited with having introduced the experimental method.Roger Bacon was no more than one of the apostles of muslim science & method to christian Europe, and he never wearied of declaring that a knowledge of Arabic & Arabian science was for his contemporaries the only way to true knowledge.Discussions as to who was the originator of the experimental method are part of the colossal misrepresentation of the origins of European civilization. The experimental method of the Arabs was by Bacon's time widespread & eagerly cultivated throughout Europe . -pp.200-01-

Science is the most momentous contribution of Arab civilization to the modern world ,but its fruits were slow in ripening .Not until after long Moorish culture had sunk back into darkness did the giant to which it had given birth rise in his might .It was not science which brought Europe back to life .

Other and manifold influences from the civilization of islam communicated its first glow to European life.

For although there is not a single aspect of European growth in which the decisive influence of the islamic culture is not traceable,nowhere is it so clear& momentous as in the genesis of that power which constitutes the paramount distinctive force of the modern world and the supreme force of its victory -natural science & the scientific spirit.

The debt of our science to that of the Arabs does not consist in startling discoveries or revolutionary theories, science owes a great deal more to Arab culture , it owes its existence .

The ancient world was , as we saw , pre-scientific .

The astronomy & mathematics of the Greek were a foreign importation never thoroughly acclimatized in Greek culture .The Greeks systematized, generalized & theorized , but the patient ways of investigation , the accumulation of positive knowledge ,the minute methods of science,detailed & prolonged observation, experimental inquiry ,were altogether alien to the Greek temperament .

Only in Hellinistic Alexandria was any approach to scientific work conducted in the ancient classical world, what we call science arose in Europe as a result of a new spirit of inquiry , of new methods of investigation ,of the method of experiment ,observation, measurement, of the development of mathematics in a form unknown to the Greeks .

That spirit & those methods were introduced to the European world by the Arabs -p.191-" end quote

The first important point to note about the spirit of muslim culture then is that ,for purposes of knowledge,[B]it fixes its gaze on the concrete, the finite .

It is further clear that the birth of the method of observation and experiment in islam was due not to a compromise with Greek thought but to a prolonged intellectual warfare with it .In fact ,the influence of the Greeks who,as Briffault says ,were interested chiefly in theory ,not in fact ,tended rather to obscure the muslims ' vision of the Qur'an ,and for at least two centuries kept the practical Arab temperament from asserting itself & coming to its own .I want therefore to definitely eradicate [B]the misunderstanding that Greek thought , in any way, determined the character of muslim culture.....)

Source : The Reconstruction of Religious Thought in Islam by Sir Dr. Muhammad Iqbal , chapter 5 : the spirit of muslim culture :

Download the book for free :

http://www.maroc.nl/forums/nieuws-de-dag...ost4903943

Further more , see in the above mentioned book of Iqbal how muslims were the first ever to discover [B]evolution
itself & much much more

see this 3-part docu on the matter too while u are at it , presented by a an Iraki-British scientist on the field :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TPlaS_wGz...r_embedded"]Science and Islam: Part 1: The Language of Science - YouTube

http://www.youtube.com/watch?list=PL5238...PlaS_wGzx8

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O0FSgNE4L...r_embedded"]Science and Islam: Part 2: The Empire of Reason - YouTube

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3LjdnKE_i...r_embedded"]Science and Islam: part 3: The Power of Doubt - YouTube

In other words of a Persian poet :

Quote :

"If your heart is not deceived by the mirage ,be not proud of the

sharpness of your understanding ,

for your freedom from this optical illusion is due to your imperfect

thirst " End quote
http://www.1001inventions.com

http://www.muslimheritage.com
07-01-2012, 04:00 PM
Dear AbdelZ

I dislike you. Once I thought you could be an interesting guy. Now I don't bother to read what you write.

"silly childish fascist human trash garbage that you are all "

Why are you playing in the trash then? Mr "I'm so goddamn polite"? You throw this crap around and when someone says fuck Allah you're now all virginal pussy about it?

PS OP sorry for so far off topic. Hey mods, can we consider some kinda action? He's not getting anything out of spamming us and I'm tired of seeing him derail interesting threads with spam links and insults.
07-01-2012, 04:02 PM
To pretend that this lousy pretentious forum is one of the so-called 'thinking " atheists or other 'thinking " folks is a real joke -lie -myth every rational person can see just by taking a look at some of these vulgar filthy posts
07-01-2012, 04:03 PM
(07-01-2012 03:45 PM)AbdelZ Wrote:  
(07-01-2012 03:19 PM)morondog Wrote:  
(07-01-2012 01:45 PM)Jackrabbit Wrote:  No sir, fuck you and fuck islam, fuck mohamed and fuck allah and all your other imaginary friends.

Well said Smile

You say "well said " to that filthy vulgar shit ? you do seem to have a very "good "taste , i see = disgusting = you cannot sink lower , silly childish fascist human trash garbage that you are all

(07-01-2012 03:41 PM)Sharks9 Wrote:  Wow this thread has gone crazy. People should calm down a bit.

well, , see for yourself how 'rational polite decent civilized " these coward vulgar filthy human trash garbage are = " la creme de la creme " of humanity = disgusting

At least God gifted you with illiteracy.

Where is the peace that Muhammed teaches? Why if we are so disgusting you bring yourself to the same level? Obviously you prove Muhammed's teaching means absolutely nothing. You don't respect it and why should we? You may say its because you can pray and make amends but wouldn't God or Allah know that you didn't really mean it by constantly doing it again?

I will respect others beliefs if they respect mine but if you claim to be a part of a belief and completely do the opposite of what is preached then you are no better then a hypocrite and a liar. Only living with God because you fear death. Only defending it because you are frightened of your own inhumane behaviour and believe arguing with those with rationalist thoughts will somehow make amends for your wrongdoing.

I believe the best argument for God is those who live a happy and fulfilled life without the hate you continue to spread. Isn't hate derived from Satan and something you are using constantly? Or will you justify it by saying Muhammed told you to do it.

Either way, you need to think and if you don't then you will prove to be unlike any other hateful theist that believes he will somehow be saved because his hate is somehow Godly inspired.

Hate is hate and only the unintelligent will remain hateful.

"Mankind must put an end to war, or war will put an end to mankind." -John F Kennedy

The way to see by Faith is to shut the eye of Reason.” -Benjamin Franklin

It has been a long time. How have you been?
[+] 2 users Like ShirubaDangan's post
07-01-2012, 04:12 PM
(07-01-2012 04:00 PM)morondog Wrote:  Dear AbdelZ

I dislike you. Once I thought you could be an interesting guy. Now I don't bother to read what you write.

"silly childish fascist human trash garbage that you are all "

Why are you playing in the trash then? Mr "I'm so goddamn polite"? You throw this crap around and when someone says fuck Allah you're now all virginal pussy about it?

PS OP sorry for so far off topic. Hey mods, can we consider some kinda action? He's not getting anything out of spamming us and I'm tired of seeing him derail interesting threads with spam links and insults.

Who the hell do u think you are , filthy shit ? who gives a fuck about your likes or dislikes ?

what are you talking about , hypocritical vulgar filthy human garbage ? did you read what you just wrote ? giving me a lecture about morality ...while you & your buddies throw filthy mud at facts you do not like

I just placed a neat response as displayed here above & look what i got back

You have the nerve to talk about morality while you did agree with that coward vulgar fascist filth of that coward vulgar disgusting bug that calls himself an ex-muslim : isn't that a silly pathetic tragic -hilarious hypocritical .....attitude of yours , Olive Yao ?

way to go , folks : you are lucky enough to hide behind your pc's , vulgar filthy fascists, saying what you were saying you would absolutely not have the balls to say it to me personally because your days on this planet would stop at that very moment , i can assure you that fact = an understatement
07-01-2012, 04:21 PM
AbdelZ, no more childish insults in this thread and no more copy and paste posting. You already have 2 copies of the same bullshit in this thread.

Don't let me see that again. And guys seriously... I know AbdelZ is annoying and it's tempting to troll him back. (I didn't set the best example myself in that regard.)

Still don't feed the trolls ok! Please just make like someone farted and skim over the post when you see 'AbdelZ'

“Forget Jesus, the stars died so you could be born.” - Lawrence M. Krauss
[+] 2 users Like DeepThought's post
07-01-2012, 04:24 PM
"way to go , folks : you are lucky enough to hide behind your pc's , vulgar filthy fascists, saying what you were saying you would absolutely not have the balls to say it to me personally because your days on this planet would stop at that very moment , i can assure you that fact = an understatement"

Death threats? how very muslim of you xD
thanks for showing that the steriotype is true

"Yeah, good idea. Make them buy your invisible apple. Insist that they do. Market it properly and don't stop until they pay for it." -Malleus
[+] 4 users Like Jackrabbit's post
07-01-2012, 04:34 PM
(06-01-2012 03:20 PM)Jackrabbit Wrote:  Science, it works bitches XD

Somebody is getting religious about it. Angel

About the value of science and the scientific method, I get pretty religious, too. Theists get annoying ignoting the facts of technology and knowldge that make humanity largely a scientific culture. Atheists get annoying with the "lack of belief" stuff; there ain't no "lack of belief" firing up all these arguments, there's faith; faith in self, faith in reality - that kinda faith.

I don't have that kinda faith in reality 'cause she's a tricky bitch. Wink

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes houseofcantor's post
07-01-2012, 04:36 PM
(07-01-2012 04:02 PM)AbdelZ Wrote:  To pretend that this lousy pretentious forum is one of the so-called 'thinking " atheists or other 'thinking " folks is a real joke -lie -myth every rational person can see just by taking a look at some of these vulgar filthy posts

You were the one who started calling people insulting names.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user