Science is better than religion

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
22-01-2014, 08:59 PM
RE: Science is better then religion
(22-01-2014 07:06 PM)Tartarus Sauce Wrote:  
(22-01-2014 04:56 PM)ThePaleolithicFreethinker Wrote:  This is indeed very true. Religion is more socio-cultural, however science too can bring people together. Religion isn't the only thing that can bring people together. Video games, sports, tv, music, food, history, politics, and many more can bring people together. You also must remember that religion depends on the god of the gaps, the more science advances the smaller the gap gets. Eventually this gap will get so small that religion can't handle it anymore and will retreat into history.

Of course other things can replace religion for bringing people together, I'm just saying science can't do it in as profound a way as religion has. That's not its job; explaining and predicting natural phenomenon is.

Ya i realized that so i corrected it so is it better or notHuh

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] ♪僕は恐怖の一定した状態に住んで、不幸、逃すもう?僕は、それはもう痛いときも気づかないと
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
23-01-2014, 05:42 PM
RE: Science is better than religion
(22-01-2014 03:51 PM)ghostexorcist Wrote:  One scholar suggests that religion will recede from the mainstream by the year 2040.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/nigel-barb...65108.html

He has a book on the subject called Why Atheism Will Replace Religion (2012).

Nietzsche already thought (or at least wrote as if he did) that atheism had replaced religion in 1880 or thereabouts, and religion is still going strong today. So I take these predictions with a huge grain of salt.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Grasshopper's post