Science is making the blind see!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
21-02-2013, 10:23 AM
Science is making the blind see!
Quote:
I thought that I would share this before I go and get my hair cut on this dreary winters day!

http://www.newscientist.com/blogs/shorts...hesis.html
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes UndercoverAtheist's post
21-02-2013, 10:44 AM
RE: Science is making the blind see!
Thanks for posting ... this is stunning! Smile

I think in the end, I just feel like I'm a secular person who has a skeptical eye toward any extraordinary claim, carefully examining any extraordinary evidence before jumping to conclusions. ~ Eric ~ My friend ... who figured it out.
[+] 1 user Likes kim's post
21-02-2013, 10:46 AM
Sweet! I freaking LOVE technology. There was this published yesterday, too.

http://www.tgdaily.com/general-science-b...d-can-feel

The world will change- I hope soon we don't have to wait for organ donors, either. Future is looking bright and shiny!
[+] 1 user Likes LadyJane's post
21-02-2013, 11:05 AM
TAKE THAT, JESUS!
[+] 2 users Like UndercoverAtheist's post
21-02-2013, 11:32 AM
Technology is getting very exciting.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/science/scien...light.html

Quote:The second paper is being kept secret until it is published but Dr Nicolelis's comments raise the prospect of an implant which could allow one animal's brain to interact directly with another.

I wouldnt be surprised if in my lifetime I see a brain being implanted into a robot.

For no matter how much I use these symbols, to describe symptoms of my existence.
You are your own emphasis.
So I say nothing.

-Bemore.
[+] 1 user Likes bemore's post
21-02-2013, 12:13 PM
(21-02-2013 11:32 AM)bemore Wrote:  Technology is getting very exciting.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/science/scien...light.html

Quote:The second paper is being kept secret until it is published but Dr Nicolelis's comments raise the prospect of an implant which could allow one animal's brain to interact directly with another.

I wouldnt be surprised if in my lifetime I see a brain being implanted into a robot.
Singularity! Imagine when we're 70 and they take our brain and stick it in a robot and we live a longer time. Weird... but interesting. Far fetched? Well, with the curve of singularity, who knows!
[+] 1 user Likes LadyJane's post
21-02-2013, 03:21 PM
(21-02-2013 12:13 PM)LadyJane Wrote:  Singularity! Imagine when we're 70 and they take our brain and stick it in a robot and we live a longer time. Weird... but interesting. Far fetched? Well, with the curve of singularity, who knows!
I think its all headed that way. These eye implants for instance, as they improve the technology and methods of application they could very well one day have a eye implant that is much more superior than our own eye setup. This would see people who are not blind possibly having implants to simply have improved vision.

They are on the brink of making a prosthetic limb that can gives a sense of feeling back to the user.

Another 20 years and who knows Cool

For no matter how much I use these symbols, to describe symptoms of my existence.
You are your own emphasis.
So I say nothing.

-Bemore.
[+] 1 user Likes bemore's post
21-02-2013, 03:31 PM
(21-02-2013 03:21 PM)bemore Wrote:  
(21-02-2013 12:13 PM)LadyJane Wrote:  Singularity! Imagine when we're 70 and they take our brain and stick it in a robot and we live a longer time. Weird... but interesting. Far fetched? Well, with the curve of singularity, who knows!
I think its all headed that way. These eye implants for instance, as they improve the technology and methods of application they could very well one day have a eye implant that is much more superior than our own eye setup. This would see people who are not blind possibly having implants to simply have improved vision.

They are on the brink of making a prosthetic limb that can gives a sense of feeling back to the user.

Another 20 years and who knows Cool
MOORE'S LAW BITCHES!
22-02-2013, 12:05 PM
You know what they'll say, right?

They'll say that these advances in technology are God's answered prayers. A divine miracle that works not immediately - as any good miracle should - but slowly, over the course of time, in the form of steadily-increasing scientific progress. Because nothing - I repeat, NOTHING - can be done without God's ever-guiding hand.

I'd facepalm, but I don't want to be accused of making a strawman. So I'll just wait patiently for the day when this prediction of mine comes to pass. Drinking Beverage

Through profound pain comes profound knowledge.
Ridi, Pagliaccio, sul tuo amore infranto! Ridi del duol, che t'avvelena il cor!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Misanthropik's post
22-02-2013, 12:33 PM
Sweet. Who needs jesus when we have science Wink

2.5 billion seconds total
1.67 billion seconds conscious

[+] 1 user Likes Adenosis's post