Science of Mind.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
14-06-2012, 08:13 AM
Science of Mind.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Religious_Science

Does anyone know about this? First time I'm hearing about it, apparently one of my fellow soldiers in the base believes in this.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
14-06-2012, 10:20 AM
RE: Science of Mind.
Oh my goodness. That is far from science, so far it's arctic cold. Their core concepts are plain laughable. Nearly all of them invoked the "God of the Gaps" fallacy. There's A LOT of special pleading involved, starting with defining God in a way, and giving God certain attributes such that God cannot be found via physical means, in which they bring out things like spiritual knowledge, introspection and related crap as the alternative method to find God. That would be like me claiming that Santa Claus is living in my basement, by he is undetectable by any physical means. The only way to realise the true Word of Santa Claus is by spiritually communicating with him, through introspection.

Welcome to science. You're gonna like it here - Phil Plait

Have you ever tried taking a comfort blanket away from a small child? - DLJ
14-06-2012, 11:08 AM
If it ain't neuroscience, it ain't science of the mind. For something that's supposed to be taken on faith, sure is a buncha mofos trying to insert something tangible into rationality. Not.

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
14-06-2012, 12:24 PM
The thing is I've seen that person wearing some Kippah and thought that he has some whacky beliefs. Turns out I was right.
14-06-2012, 12:29 PM
It seems like they took a lot of common beliefs, removed a bit of religion from them and then added a bit of mnd over matter. THen took the result and declared it to be a new better belief.

It takes a lot of the magical parts of the bible out and tries to use its own version of science to replace them.

It sounds like my mothers natural healing meetings. (there is a shaman and they get in touch with their inner selves or something along those lines)

When you are courting a nice girl an hour seems like a second. When you sit on a red-hot cinder a second seems like an hour. That's relativity.

You cannot successfully determine beforehand which side of the bread to butter.
14-06-2012, 12:49 PM
(14-06-2012 11:08 AM)houseofcantor Wrote:  If it ain't neuroscience, it ain't science of the mind. For something that's supposed to be taken on faith, sure is a buncha mofos trying to insert something tangible into rationality. Not.

Yep... that soldier almost looks to be a Veridican or some such.

I say we eat him. Evil_monster

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
[+] 2 users Like kim's post
14-06-2012, 09:55 PM
Religious Science = Oxymoron

Join the Logic Speaks Community

I am the unconverted