Science of religion

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
21-06-2012, 09:43 AM
Science of religion
[Image: dbec0475-2be9-40c0-b8d1-70db214b10d0.jpg]

'Cause I wuz reading Wolfe's Litany of the Long Sun, where this priest dude wuz talking to a doctor...

And Silk goes, I seen god!

And Crane goes, Man, you bumped your Wernicke.

So I hadda look stuff up:

Quote: However, because Wernicke's area also acts to code linguistic stimuli for expression (prior to its transmission to Broca's area), expressive speech becomes severely abnormal, lacking in content, containing neologistic distortions (e.g. "the razgabin"), and/or characterized by non-sequitars, literal (sound substitution) and verbal paraphasic (word substitution) errors, a paucity of nouns and verbs, and the ommission of pauses and sentence endings (Christman, 1994; Goodglass & Kaplan, 1982; Kertesz, 1983a; Hecaen & Albert, 1978). Patients may speak in a rush (e.g. press of speech) and what is said often convey very little actual information; a condition referred to as fluent aphasia.
~from http://brainmind.com/Aphasia33.html

Either that, or temporal lobe epilepsy make Johnny a prophet. Well, that and that dang Gwynnies. Big Grin

[Image: 10289811_592837817482059_8815379025397103823_n.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
21-06-2012, 10:27 AM (This post was last modified: 21-06-2012 07:52 PM by Bucky Ball.)
RE: Science of religion
(21-06-2012 09:43 AM)houseofcantor Wrote:  And Crane goes, Man, you bumped your Wernicke.
Quote: However, because Wernicke's area also acts to code linguistic stimuli for expression (prior to its transmission to Broca's area), expressive speech becomes severely abnormal, lacking in content, containing neologistic distortions (e.g. "the razgabin"), and/or characterized by non-sequitars, literal (sound substitution) and verbal paraphasic (word substitution) errors, a paucity of nouns and verbs, and the ommission of pauses and sentence endings (Christman, 1994; Goodglass & Kaplan, 1982; Kertesz, 1983a; Hecaen & Albert, 1978). Patients may speak in a rush (e.g. press of speech) and what is said often convey very little actual information; a condition referred to as fluent aphasia.
~from http://brainmind.com/Aphasia33.html

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein Certified Ancient Astronaut Theorist
Isaiah 45:7 "I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things" (KJV)

Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post
21-06-2012, 11:34 AM
Yes, I've noticed this Wernicke wrinkle in the writing of every Theist I've encountered in the wide, wide world of wez. Just talking to them is ... well... entertaining, but so is removing bits of tissue from my nose after a somewhat complicated maneuver. Embarrassing, might be a word I'm searching for here.

The thing is, it's so perpetuated - even hailed superior! Ignorance seems to experience boundaries far beyond patience. I fear brain damage by virtue of association. Undecided

I think in the end, I just feel like I'm a secular person who has a skeptical eye toward any extraordinary claim, carefully examining any extraordinary evidence before jumping to conclusions. ~ Eric ~ My friend ... who figured it out.
[+] 3 users Like kim's post
21-06-2012, 06:35 PM
(21-06-2012 09:43 AM)houseofcantor Wrote:  And Crane goes, Man, you bumped your Wernicke.

Now that's some funny shit right there. I'm gonna use it at work in meetings. "Dude, quit stubbing your Wernicke." Big Grin

Breathing - it's more art than science.
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
21-06-2012, 06:50 PM
I would love to see a psychologist write a paper on Absolute Truth.

To explore the attraction to never changing ideas, and the lazyness of thought that such an absolute truth system holds.

Member of the Cult of Reason

The atheist is a man who destroys the imaginary things which afflict the human race, and so leads men back to nature, to experience and to reason.
-Baron d'Holbach-
Bitcion:1DNeQMswMdvx4xLPP6qNE7RkeTwXGC7Bzp
21-06-2012, 07:09 PM
(21-06-2012 06:50 PM)fstratzero Wrote:  I would love to see a psychologist write a paper on Absolute Truth.

To explore the attraction to never changing ideas, and the lazyness of thought that such an absolute truth system holds.

http://www.mattcutts.com/blog/top-5-sign...retentive/ .
The question is : "are your groceries is alphabetical order ?" Weeping

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein Certified Ancient Astronaut Theorist
Isaiah 45:7 "I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things" (KJV)

[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post
21-06-2012, 07:19 PM
(21-06-2012 06:50 PM)fstratzero Wrote:  I would love to see a psychologist write a paper on Absolute Truth.

That's thinking like a priest. To think like a prophet, absolute truth begins with I AM. Thumbsup

Philosophical causality either reduces to I AM or paradox. Absolute truth for this I AM reduces to I love my Gwynnies, but that is a dynamic rather than static condition. Within is contained the moral sola fides position of I love.

/bible study

[+] 1 user Likes houseofcantor's post
21-06-2012, 07:26 PM
(21-06-2012 07:19 PM)houseofcantor Wrote:  

That's thinking like a priest. To think like a prophet, absolute truth begins with I AM. Thumbsup

Philosophical causality either reduces to I AM or paradox. Absolute truth for this I AM reduces to I love my Gwynnies, but that is a dynamic rather than static condition. Within is contained the moral sola fides position of I love.

/bible study
As it turns out a quick google search shows that psychologists have tackled this.

Black and white thinking is called splitting.

Usually in terms of pschological disorders, it's asscociated with narcissistic personality disorder, and borderline personality disorder.

The atheist is a man who destroys the imaginary things which afflict the human race, and so leads men back to nature, to experience and to reason.
-Baron d'Holbach-
21-06-2012, 07:32 PM
(21-06-2012 07:26 PM)fstratzero Wrote:  
(21-06-2012 07:19 PM)houseofcantor Wrote:  That's thinking like a priest. To think like a prophet, absolute truth begins with I AM. Thumbsup

/bible study
As it turns out a quick google search shows that psychologists have tackled this.

Usually in terms of pschological disorders, it's asscociated with narcissistic personality disorder, and borderline personality disorder.
What does "black and white thinking" have to do with absolute truth? You're not listening to a thing I say!

Probably a good thing. Big Grin

[+] 3 users Like houseofcantor's post
21-06-2012, 07:41 PM
(21-06-2012 07:32 PM)houseofcantor Wrote:  
(21-06-2012 07:26 PM)fstratzero Wrote:  As it turns out a quick google search shows that psychologists have tackled this.

Usually in terms of psychological disorders, it's associated with narcissistic personality disorder, and borderline personality disorder.
What does "black and white thinking" have to do with absolute truth? You're not listening to a thing I say!

Probably a good thing. Big Grin
Lol I wasn't following the philosophical aspect of absolute truth. Rather I'm trying figure out and explain how a religious person can turn down a theory.

How they lump things into good and bad, absolutely true and absolutely false.

I know not every one of them do this but it seems very prevalent in religious debates.

Kind of like this clip.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6A0GdR2LlKo

-Baron d'Holbach-
[+] 1 user Likes fstratzero's post