Science proves GOD!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
24-07-2017, 01:12 PM
Science proves GOD!
R: Even science shows the existence of God, yet the world still refuses to believe. So many things that were written in the Bible have been proven true by science. This is just a small piece that is amazing. It isn't a matter of evidence, it's a matter of one's heart.

So this is happening. I saw a friend of mine was posting false accusations on science on facebook (OH THE HUMANITY) and I desided to poke the bear a little.

Commonsensei: I don't want to come off as condescending R. But Science doesn't have anything to say in regards to god's or the God of the bible. What this man experience is a condition we all have known as Pareidolia. It's when we see things in objects. Like as face in a mountain of the surface of mars or a boat in a cloud. Our minds are hard wired to see similarity's. If anything scientific groups have no leads in the supernatural because it has no where to start. If I could ask you a question. Is a person's belief the best method for determining the truth?

R: You need to do some research bud. There are a lot of things you clearly have no become aware of.

CS: Well give me a hand. What is one piece of evidence you've found that I would be able to start?

R: You can start by reading your Bible. If you don't do that, then no other bit of information is going to help you. Secondly, every credible historian admits to the existance of Jesus. Third, many of the events in the Bible have been proven to be true. For example, the battle of jericho. Exactly how the bible describes it is exactly the way many archeologists have found it throughout time. Check out the documentary Evidence of Exodus. It's about 2 hours and I'm sure you'll get a lot out of it.

CS: I’ve read the Bible numerous times. Own a copy with clip notes. I’ve also read the book of Mormon, Dianetics, Parts of the Tripitaka, and tiny parts of the Vedas and working through the Quran.

If using the Christian bible as a source which version? There are over 50 different English versions. All with differences. Since you’re a fellow reader of the bible I’m sure you already knew this and that Constantine’s committee had picked their favorite interpretations to compile into what is now known as the bible which was translated from Ancient Hebrew to Latin then to different languages. And that no original texts exist.

I also like to keep up with historians on both sides of the fence on the existence of Jesus. My opion on the matter is there may have been someone that these stories have been based around but I have no belief nor proof that the supernatural aspects of the story to be true. I have a working hypothesis on how this came about that I would be happy to share with you If you would every like to talk about it but it shoots off topic.

In regards to the Battle of Jericho. I’ll look more into it if you can give me the paper or website that I would look more into it. But Sighting a battle sight that may confirm a battle took place doesn’t make the other aspects of the story true. An example of such would be like me saying Spider-man existed because I’ve seen New York City. New York City exists therefore spider-man exists. Another older example would be Troy. It was long thought that the city of Troy was a city of myth. Until archaeologist discovered remits of it. You would accept Troy as evidence for the Greek gods being real or that Achilles was there and was washed in the river styx that gave his superhuman powers.
I don’t regard the bible as a reliable a source.

I might even ask you to read it again. Cover to cover. Read the 600+ commandments with reproductions that mostly end in death. Read about the proper way to beat your slave. Read the 3 different versions of similar events with different out comes. And you may also want to read on the origin of the bible, and the founding of the Christian church. If you would like me to sight some reliable starting points I would love to share them with you, and get your feedback.

But I would like to ask my first question again. Is a person’s belief the best method for determining the truth?

R: If you read any version with a closed mind and heart, you will never see God no matter what you read. I'm sorry that I am not a top scholar that has all the little details you seek. However, if you are truly seeking the face of God, get yourself into a Bible based Church and learn each time you go. Incorporate what you've learned and pray on it. Without faith you will never understand anything that I post. That is why you lash at so many of my posts when referring to God. You just don't understand it yet. I will continue to pray for you as well, but you yourself must be open to faith.

CS: I agree with you R going through life with a closed mind is not a way to go. That is way I like to ask questions and look at every aspect before determining a conclusion. But you don’t want to open you mind so much your brains fall out. I am a skeptical person and finding answers that can get me to “truth” is very important to me.

Also I’ve only every respond to two of your religious posts Reggie. Both times were elaborating on inaccuracy’s or asking questions.

You are a friend of mine that I would hope I would be able to talk to on subjects such as this and know I’m by no means wishing to make you feel attacked in anyway. This is simply how I form conclusions. If you’ve found some aspect, clue or evidence that I haven’t thought of, been confronted with or looked into. I want to hear about it. But if I have I’m going to tell you what I’ve discovered. Just don’t throw your hands up in the air and go .. well poo poo on you. You’ll never understand what I understand.

If I see a friend drowning I don’t tell them I’ll pray for them, I throw them a life preserver. Something I know that works.

Is faith the only way to determine if a god is real?

R: The documentary i just mentioned has a lot of evidence in it on all sides. The believer, non believer, and skeptic. That's why I mentioned it. I didn't just throw my hands up. I gave you information to take with you.

I also know that I don't have a precise answer for all of your questions. That's why I directed you to the Bible and a Bible believing Church.

However, I am not interested in a facebook debate over it. I've given you a few keys to move forward with. It's up to you wether you take them or not.

CS: If the bible was shown not to be true, would that remove your belief in God?

R: You're not listening to what I'm saying.

CS: I am R. This isn't a debate. It's me asking questions.

R: We've had this conversation before. This isn't the first time. I don't have anymore answers to give you at this present time. Once you move forward with what I have already told you, you will be able to recieve the things I say to you easier.

CS: Ok. I see you're uncomfortable with these questions or subject matter. I'll be moving back the east coast really soon. Hopefully we'd be able to meet up once I get out there. I can take you on in Marvel Vs. Capcom

R: It's not a matter of comfort. But ok.

Don't Live each day like it's your last. Live each day like you have 541 days after that one where every choice you make will have lasting implications to you and the world around you. ~ Tim Minchin
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 4 users Like Commonsensei's post
24-07-2017, 01:16 PM
RE: Science proves GOD!
If you read any version with a closed mind and heart, you will never see God no matter what you read - That's why I never talk with believers IRL.

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
[+] 6 users Like Szuchow's post
24-07-2017, 01:24 PM
Actually the Battle of Jericho is one which Archaeology has specifically disproven.

Quote:Without faith you will never understand anything that I post.

So then it's not science after all.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 9 users Like Bucky Ball's post
24-07-2017, 02:21 PM
Science proves GOD!
“Faith is the denial of observation so that belief can be preserved" – Tim Minchin
[+] 6 users Like Rachel's post
24-07-2017, 03:52 PM
(24-07-2017 01:12 PM)Commonsensei Wrote:  R: Even science shows the existence of God, yet the world still refuses to believe. So many things that were written in the Bible have been proven true by science. This is just a small piece that is amazing. It isn't a matter of evidence, it's a matter of one's heart.

So this is happening. I saw a friend of mine was posting false accusations on science on facebook (OH THE HUMANITY) and I desided to poke the bear a little.

Commonsensei: I don't want to come off as condescending R. But Science doesn't have anything to say in regards to god's or the God of the bible. What this man experience is a condition we all have known as Pareidolia. It's when we see things in objects. Like as face in a mountain of the surface of mars or a boat in a cloud. Our minds are hard wired to see similarity's. If anything scientific groups have no leads in the supernatural because it has no where to start. If I could ask you a question. Is a person's belief the best method for determining the truth?

R: You need to do some research bud. There are a lot of things you clearly have no become aware of.

CS: Well give me a hand. What is one piece of evidence you've found that I would be able to start?

R: You can start by reading your Bible. If you don't do that, then no other bit of information is going to help you. Secondly, every credible historian admits to the existance of Jesus. Third, many of the events in the Bible have been proven to be true. For example, the battle of jericho. Exactly how the bible describes it is exactly the way many archeologists have found it throughout time. Check out the documentary Evidence of Exodus. It's about 2 hours and I'm sure you'll get a lot out of it.

CS: I’ve read the Bible numerous times. Own a copy with clip notes. I’ve also read the book of Mormon, Dianetics, Parts of the Tripitaka, and tiny parts of the Vedas and working through the Quran.

If using the Christian bible as a source which version? There are over 50 different English versions. All with differences. Since you’re a fellow reader of the bible I’m sure you already knew this and that Constantine’s committee had picked their favorite interpretations to compile into what is now known as the bible which was translated from Ancient Hebrew to Latin then to different languages. And that no original texts exist.

I also like to keep up with historians on both sides of the fence on the existence of Jesus. My opion on the matter is there may have been someone that these stories have been based around but I have no belief nor proof that the supernatural aspects of the story to be true. I have a working hypothesis on how this came about that I would be happy to share with you If you would every like to talk about it but it shoots off topic.

In regards to the Battle of Jericho. I’ll look more into it if you can give me the paper or website that I would look more into it. But Sighting a battle sight that may confirm a battle took place doesn’t make the other aspects of the story true. An example of such would be like me saying Spider-man existed because I’ve seen New York City. New York City exists therefore spider-man exists. Another older example would be Troy. It was long thought that the city of Troy was a city of myth. Until archaeologist discovered remits of it. You would accept Troy as evidence for the Greek gods being real or that Achilles was there and was washed in the river styx that gave his superhuman powers.

I might even ask you to read it again. Cover to cover. Read the 600+ commandments with reproductions that mostly end in death. Read about the proper way to beat your slave. Read the 3 different versions of similar events with different out comes. And you may also want to read on the origin of the bible, and the founding of the Christian church. If you would like me to sight some reliable starting points I would love to share them with you, and get your feedback.

But I would like to ask my first question again. Is a person’s belief the best method for determining the truth?

R: If you read any version with a closed mind and heart, you will never see God no matter what you read. I'm sorry that I am not a top scholar that has all the little details you seek. However, if you are truly seeking the face of God, get yourself into a Bible based Church and learn each time you go. Incorporate what you've learned and pray on it. Without faith you will never understand anything that I post. That is why you lash at so many of my posts when referring to God. You just don't understand it yet. I will continue to pray for you as well, but you yourself must be open to faith.

CS: I agree with you R going through life with a closed mind is not a way to go. That is way I like to ask questions and look at every aspect before determining a conclusion. But you don’t want to open you mind so much your brains fall out. I am a skeptical person and finding answers that can get me to “truth” is very important to me.

Also I’ve only every respond to two of your religious posts Reggie. Both times were elaborating on inaccuracy’s or asking questions.

You are a friend of mine that I would hope I would be able to talk to on subjects such as this and know I’m by no means wishing to make you feel attacked in anyway. This is simply how I form conclusions. If you’ve found some aspect, clue or evidence that I haven’t thought of, been confronted with or looked into. I want to hear about it. But if I have I’m going to tell you what I’ve discovered. Just don’t throw your hands up in the air and go .. well poo poo on you. You’ll never understand what I understand.

If I see a friend drowning I don’t tell them I’ll pray for them, I throw them a life preserver. Something I know that works.

R: The documentary i just mentioned has a lot of evidence in it on all sides. The believer, non believer, and skeptic. That's why I mentioned it. I didn't just throw my hands up. I gave you information to take with you.

I also know that I don't have a precise answer for all of your questions. That's why I directed you to the Bible and a Bible believing Church.

However, I am not interested in a facebook debate over it. I've given you a few keys to move forward with. It's up to you wether you take them or not.

CS: If the bible was shown not to be true, would that remove your belief in God?

R: We've had this conversation before. This isn't the first time. I don't have anymore answers to give you at this present time. Once you move forward with what I have already told you, you will be able to recieve the things I say to you easier.

CS: Ok. I see you're uncomfortable with these questions or subject matter. I'll be moving back the east coast really soon. Hopefully we'd be able to meet up once I get out there. I can take you on in Marvel Vs. Capcom

So his procedure for you is to tell you to believe first and then you'll understand. Reading the Bible with an open mind apparently means reading the Bible and accepting everything it says without questions. If you question then that means you are not reading it with an open mind. And if you do have questions you're to appeal to the very claims that are at issue for the answer. And people say religion and faith are harmless.

I'm so glad I'm out of all that nonsense. If the vast majority of people on Earth use this type of reasoning then it's no mystery why the world is falling apart, people are blowing themselves up to kill innocents, countries are borrowing and spending themselves into oblivion and people are turning to drugs to escape. Now I feel like taking drugs to escape the implications for the future. They aren't pretty.

Do not lose your knowledge that man's proper estate is an upright posture, an intransigent mind and a step that travels unlimited roads. - Ayn Rand.

Don't sacrifice for me, live for yourself! - Me

The only alternative to Objectivism is some form of Subjectivism. - Dawson Bethrick
[+] 4 users Like true scotsman's post
24-07-2017, 07:21 PM
I was really holding back I've could have written a shit load more. But as you can tell from his responses he's quick to throw his fingers in his ears and avoided direct questions. But I wasn't going to a debate. I was really hoping for a conversation. He also has made a lot of presuppositions on me. Like I've said in the op I've already respond to one other post before. But apparently that was enough to make him play the victim.

I wanted to bring up talking animals, flat earth, world wide flood, slavery... but It wouldn't go any where and he would only say i'm twisting the words.

I've apparently started something however. Other's are positioning supporting me. Which is kind of surprising seeing normally in his run you'll see 20 or 30 amens. No context just a room full of nodding.

Don't Live each day like it's your last. Live each day like you have 541 days after that one where every choice you make will have lasting implications to you and the world around you. ~ Tim Minchin
[+] 2 users Like Commonsensei's post
24-07-2017, 07:51 PM (This post was last modified: 24-07-2017 07:59 PM by dancefortwo.)
I've seen that stupid video before. It's laughable. The nutcase is trying to claim that a protein resembles the crucifixion cross therefore....... JESUS!!! Except the idiot is using a abstract drawing of the protein.

[Image: Schematic_Diagram_of_Laminin_111.jpg]

Except here's the actual protein.

[Image: laminin3.JPG]

LOL! It reminds me of a flexible little doll my daughter used to play with called Betty Spaghetty. Does that mean Betty Spaghetty is god? YES, It Does!

[Image: t67432.001?$uspdlarge$]

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
[+] 5 users Like dancefortwo's post
24-07-2017, 08:52 PM
(24-07-2017 07:21 PM)Commonsensei Wrote:  I was really holding back I've could have written a shit load more. But as you can tell from his responses he's quick to throw his fingers in his ears and avoided direct questions. But I wasn't going to a debate. I was really hoping for a conversation. He also has made a lot of presuppositions on me. Like I've said in the op I've already respond to one other post before. But apparently that was enough to make him play the victim.

I wanted to bring up talking animals, flat earth, world wide flood, slavery... but It wouldn't go any where and he would only say i'm twisting the words.

I've apparently started something however. Other's are positioning supporting me. Which is kind of surprising seeing normally in his run you'll see 20 or 30 amens. No context just a room full of nodding.

I think you were very polite. More than he deserves. He was very quick to abandon his claim that science ( which means reason) proves that God exists when challenged. The very notion is preposterous given that science is completely incompatible with his worldview's metaphysics. Put simply: if God then no science, no reason, no induction.

Do not lose your knowledge that man's proper estate is an upright posture, an intransigent mind and a step that travels unlimited roads. - Ayn Rand.

Don't sacrifice for me, live for yourself! - Me

The only alternative to Objectivism is some form of Subjectivism. - Dawson Bethrick
[+] 2 users Like true scotsman's post
25-07-2017, 05:14 AM
(24-07-2017 01:12 PM)Commonsensei Wrote:  R: Even science shows the existence of God, yet the world still refuses to believe. So many things that were written in the Bible have been proven true by science. This is just a small piece that is amazing. It isn't a matter of evidence, it's a matter of one's heart.

Your response about pareidolia, was a pretty good direction to go. Laminin 111 could be used to treat muscular dystrophy, so if this alleged god has a handy-dandy solution to eliminate such a disease, why hasn't it eliminated this disease?

Then we'll get to the Adam-related fallen world myth, then that runs right into the teeth of science . Disease like cancer was present in dinosaurs, long before humans existed. Then it's up to them to provide evidence that suffering/disease/death didn't exist before a human ate an apple and their god lost control of it's own creation. Drinking Beverage

Gods derive their power from post-hoc rationalizations. -The Inquisition

Using the supernatural to explain events in your life is a failure of the intellect to comprehend the world around you. -The Inquisition
[+] 1 user Likes TheInquisition's post
25-07-2017, 05:56 AM
(24-07-2017 07:51 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  I've seen that stupid video before. It's laughable. The nutcase is trying to claim that a protein resembles the crucifixion cross therefore....... JESUS!!! Except the idiot is using a abstract drawing of the protein.

[Image: Schematic_Diagram_of_Laminin_111.jpg]

So, would this imply, that if it were true....god would have known his son would be crucified, to then put this into human DNA (presumably through Adam/Eve?)? Another reason that makes him a huge asshole.

Seriously though, another case of people "finding" something they are actively looking for. People/Persons actively looking for god evidence in DNA find 'crucifix shaped' Laminin 111. Might as well be a bloody Rorschach test if you ask me, it's just a random looking squiggle.

"I don't do magic, Morty, I do science. One takes brains, the other takes dark eye liner" - Rick
[+] 1 user Likes OakTree500's post