Science proves GOD!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
25-07-2017, 06:52 AM
RE: Science proves GOD!
(24-07-2017 07:51 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  LOL! It reminds me of a flexible little doll my daughter used to play with called Betty Spaghetty. Does that mean Betty Spaghetty is god? YES, It Does!

Looks like my Gwynnies. Heart

living word
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes houseofcantor's post
27-07-2017, 03:23 PM
The creation itself proves there must be a creator. Life is too complex to have come about without being designed by an intelligent being. Anyone who thinks about this carefully can see it. The problem is that many don't see this fact because they don't want to. Their rejection of this fact affects their perception of other facts and often leads them even further from the truth.

Perhaps you should read my signature carefully and think about what it means. If you are willing to accept the truth that God exists and that he is the Creator of everything else he will guide you into more truth and you will be able to know him better.

The information in ancient libraries came from real minds of real people. The far more complex information in cells came from the far more intelligent mind of God.
27-07-2017, 03:35 PM
(27-07-2017 03:23 PM)theophilus Wrote:  The creation itself proves there must be a creator. Life is too complex to have come about without being designed by an intelligent being. Anyone who thinks about this carefully can see it. The problem is that many don't see this fact because they don't want to. Their rejection of this fact affects their perception of other facts and often leads them even further from the truth.

Perhaps you should read my signature carefully and think about what it means. If you are willing to accept the truth that God exists and that he is the Creator of everything else he will guide you into more truth and you will be able to know him better.

[Image: tenor.gif]

You keep using this word, think. I'm not sure it means what you think it means. Drinking Beverage

Also, you assume that were it real, I would have even a modicum of interest in knowing that vile monstrosity of a god you've chosen to waste your preciously short life on grovelling before. Let me make it perfectly clear - I wouldn't cross the street to spit in its vile genocidal, homophobic, misogynistic face. Were it real. Which, thank Zeus, it's not.

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderò."
[+] 4 users Like Vera's post
27-07-2017, 03:57 PM (This post was last modified: 27-07-2017 04:02 PM by Thoreauvian.)
(27-07-2017 03:23 PM)theophilus Wrote:  The creation itself proves there must be a creator. Life is too complex to have come about without being designed by an intelligent being.

Thanks for restating the teleological argument so succinctly, but I would guess every atheist in this forum has already heard it multiple times before. Unfortunately for you, it is not a fact at all but a hypothesis, and not the best one available either. Self-organization, abiogenesis, and evolution are all much better explanations for what we see, and they don't require any additional spiritual dimension to the world.

You really should study science a bit before you make such sweeping claims. I would recommend a good book on Big History to get a general overview.
Find all posts by this user
[+] 3 users Like Thoreauvian's post
28-07-2017, 12:34 AM
(27-07-2017 03:23 PM)theophilus Wrote:  Life is too complex to have come about without being designed by an intelligent being.

Your intelligent being (creator) is much too complex to have come about without being designed by an intelligent being. Drinking Beverage

Serious question: Dont you feel the least embarassed when you are parading your ignorance around like this? There are quite a few better arguments that leave the answer open to "why" things happen or "what" causes the cosmos to exists, but...come one....what you are parading around is probably one of the worst.

Hell, even if i grant you all this, even if i would agree that there is a god, because "complex". How do you get to your particular version of the christian god, because thats what we are talking about, right? Your very particular christian god. So how would you continue your argument beyond "complex"? With an collection of old books written by sheep herders who got almost any claim false, or demonstrably lied (just recently it was found that lebanese people have 90% Canaanite DNA, which suggests that there never was a canaanite genoicide)?

Its also dishonest to present arguemts to convince others, arguments that arent the foundation of your own belief. You dont believe in the christian god because "complex", why trying to convince others to base their belief in this? Thats just your justification for your belief. You are believing for other reasons, am i right?

Ceterum censeo, religionem delendam esse
[+] 4 users Like Deesse23's post
28-07-2017, 02:04 AM
(27-07-2017 03:23 PM)theophilus Wrote:  The creation itself proves there must be a creator.

I find this to be along the same lines of "The pyramids were too complex to build by human hand, this proves extraterrestrial help". In each case, it's incredibly incorrect.

Your creator made us in his/her image correct? Why has he then also created insects that bore into the eyes of children to multiply?

Sounds a bit evil to me mate.

Having problems with your computer? Visit the Free Tech Support thread for help!
[+] 3 users Like OakTree500's post
28-07-2017, 02:05 AM
(27-07-2017 03:23 PM)theophilus Wrote:  The creation itself proves there must be a creator.

Argument from incredulity.

Quote:Life is too complex to have come about without being designed by an intelligent being.

Argument from ignorance........oh and your evidence for this is?

Quote:Anyone who thinks about this carefully can see it.

Nope.

Quote:The problem is that many don't see this fact because they don't want to. Their rejection of this fact affects their perception of other facts and often leads them even further from the truth.

"Facts" without evidence, are merely assertions.

You're really not very good at this are you?

The invisible and the non-existent look very much alike
Excreta Tauri Sapientam Fulgeat (The excrement of the bull causes wisdom to flee)
[+] 9 users Like Silly Deity's post
28-07-2017, 04:27 AM

Sorry, but there is no unique thing such as "the" creation. I create stuff frequently by connecting otherwise non-functioning objects together to make something that uses energy, in order to construct something that cannot work without my input—and it doesn't require any paranormal or supernatural input from any third party.

EG: I combine lithium with iron phosphate, plus gallium nitride and silicon to produce visible light. Gods cannot do that, and you can't produce any evidence to prove that they can, or could. I'm almost certain that your holy book makes no mention of the generation of electrical energy.

Quote:Life is too complex to have come about without being designed by an intelligent being.

Citation please. Or is this simply a guess on your part?

Quote:Anyone who thinks about this carefully can see it.

Nope. Appeal to ridicule fallacy.

Quote:The problem is that many don't see this fact because they don't want to.

This defines perfectly the attitude of the theist who blindly insists that gods do exist—without the slightest of empirical evidence to support this. Theists resist investigating science's opinion on theism because they're afraid of actually seeing the contradictions of their faith exposed.

Quote:If you are willing to accept the truth that [gods] exists and that [they are] the creators of everything else [they] will guide you into more truth and you will be able to know [them] better.

I've corrected your comment to reflect that there's currently several thousand imaginary gods believed in by millions of people globally. And if you reject that simple fact, then you should be able to easily see why I reject yours. Can you also tell me, from a personal perspective, why it is that you accept the existence of the Christian god—but not Allah, Apollo, Baiame, Vishnu, or the Valkyries for example?

I'm a creationist... I believe that man created God.
[+] 3 users Like SYZ's post
28-07-2017, 04:31 AM
(27-07-2017 03:23 PM)theophilus Wrote:  Perhaps you should read my signature carefully and think about what it means. If you are willing to accept the truth that God exists and that he is the Creator of everything else he will guide you into more truth and you will be able to know him better.

>The burden of proof lies upon he who alleges. Religious people should be aware that I'm perfectly willing to believe in god(s), ghosts, mediums, demons, angels, spirits, channeling, miracles, horoscopes, astrology, psychics, Ouija boards, the supernatural, and anything else for that matter, as long as they adhere to one proviso: prove it! That's all I ask for. Just one simple request. Prove it!

>Don't give me speculations, guesses, hopes, dreams, wishes, desires, beliefs, faith (or appeals to faith), or indoctrinations. Don't give me one-time-only, non-repeatable, non-testable events. Don't give me internal alterations in one's psychology or physiology which cannot be tested, observed or demonstrated, only felt or believed. And don't give me effects that cannot be related to the supposed cause.

>I have no objection to believing in a deity as long as proof based upon a rational standard of knowledge is forthcoming. Is that too much to ask? But surely, theists can't expect me to adopt their beliefs on the basis of what has been presented, thus far. Every "proof" that I've heard and very piece of evidence that I've seen for the existence of God(s) has been easily countered by rational evidence/arguments to the contrary. No convincing evidence for the existence of any deity has ever emerged.

>I'm more than willing to listen to theistic arguments or view theistic evidence as long as cross-examination is permitted. No claims which must be shielded from rational scrutiny are worth believing. As conditions now stand, theology rests far more on superstition and faith, than upon facts and reason. Consider
[+] 3 users Like Gwaithmir's post
28-07-2017, 04:56 AM
(28-07-2017 04:31 AM)Gwaithmir Wrote:  >The burden of proof lies upon he who alleges. Religious people should be aware that I'm perfectly willing to believe in god(s), ghosts, mediums, demons, angels, spirits, channeling, miracles, horoscopes, astrology, psychics, Ouija boards, the supernatural, and anything else for that matter, as long as they adhere to one proviso: prove it! That's all I ask for. Just one simple request. Prove it!

This is pretty much everything you need to say about Atheism really. We're not all evil heathens trying to bring down organised religion, we just don't believe any of it because there is no evidence to do so.

I've said before, I would love it if there was a god, because in my mind, Life as a whole would be 100% easier. Nobody would fight because we would KNOW there is a god, and their intentions. Spending years in education/working would possibly be a thing of the past because we would KNOW it's all god who did everything, and we're here to just be good to one another etc, plus then there's the afterlife end of it.

BUT, as we have no evidence, nor have we had any evidence for this those involved in organised religion have warred against each other because of the whole "I know god(s) better than you do, you helpless heathen". Human beings have hundred's of thousands of years trying to improve our knowledge of how nature/the world/the solar system/the universe works, because we don't have any evidence to say some being just "poofed" into existence. Education is essentially present now to brief new generations on what we already know, so they can take it to the next level of understanding when they age correctly.

The whole reason we do pretty much anything in life currently, is because there is no god or gods, and we have to progress our lives otherwise to prove to ourselves how things work.

So far we've done a pretty good job of living without a supposed god or gods for apparently 2017 years, so it's not like we need one now.

Having problems with your computer? Visit the Free Tech Support thread for help!
[+] 1 user Likes OakTree500's post