Science proves GOD!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
28-07-2017, 05:10 AM
RE: Science proves GOD!
(27-07-2017 03:23 PM)theophilus Wrote:  Life is too complex to have come about without being designed by an intelligent being.

ALSO:

I have to mention, why is it that hardcore theists never really follow through on this idea? To be honest "intelligent design" isn't so much of a bad theory, if it had the proof to back it up. IE: prehaps an alien race/thing created us via biological creation of some sort, again not saying I believe that, but it's more likely that "GOD DID IT" lol.

The point is, intelligent design implies that a being of some sort, whether it physical or "god" like, physically designed all animal + plant life on the earth, in such a way that they would know down to the last cell, of what does what, where certain things go etc.

That to me is far more complex, than suggesting things came about in certain orders of there own accord via the evolution process. All I can imagine is a being stood there with a human on a slab, and he's holding a spleen just wondering where to put it, like a spare car part or something. And if that's not how it happened, just poofing something to life also is not an answer.

If you can tell me how intelligent design is supposed to work, it might help.

Having problems with your computer? Visit the Free Tech Support thread for help!
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like OakTree500's post
28-07-2017, 08:17 AM
(28-07-2017 02:04 AM)OakTree500 Wrote:  Your creator made us in his/her image correct? Why has he then also created insects that bore into the eyes of children to multiply?

You can find the answer to this in the 3rd chapter of Genesis. God created a perfect world, then created a perfect man and woman to rule. They sinned and the result was that neither the human race or the world is now perfect.

(28-07-2017 04:27 AM)SYZ Wrote:  I create stuff frequently by connecting otherwise non-functioning objects together to make something that uses energy, in order to construct something that cannot work without my input—and it doesn't require any paranormal or supernatural input from any third party.

That is not creation in the sense that God creates. You are simply manipulating material that has already been created.

Quote:I've corrected your comment to reflect that there's currently several thousand imaginary gods believed in by millions of people globally. And if you reject that simple fact, then you should be able to easily see why I reject yours. Can you also tell me, from a personal perspective, why it is that you accept the existence of the Christian god—but not Allah, Apollo, Baiame, Vishnu, or the Valkyries for example?

The creation only shows that there is a God. Once you accept that fact the next step is discovering who he is.

The information in ancient libraries came from real minds of real people. The far more complex information in cells came from the far more intelligent mind of God.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
28-07-2017, 08:33 AM
(28-07-2017 08:17 AM)theophilus Wrote:  
(28-07-2017 02:04 AM)OakTree500 Wrote:  Your creator made us in his/her image correct? Why has he then also created insects that bore into the eyes of children to multiply?

You can find the answer to this in the 3rd chapter of Genesis. God created a perfect world, then created a perfect man and woman to rule. They sinned and the result was that neither the human race or the world is now perfect.
As we've established in a lot of threads, "god" is supposedly all powerful and knows the route all humanity.

Adam/Eve did not know of Sin or any knowledge until they eat from the tree, which is what had caused the sin in the first place. We've also likened that to leaving a child unguarded in a room with a small explosive, and telling them not to touch the button which makes it blow up, whilst you leave the room. It's fucking stupid.

So it would have KNOWN this would happen, and then just sat there and LET it happen. And they fucked off to leave us in the imperfect world? Again, sounds a bit backwards if you ask me.

Quote:The creation only shows that there is a God. Once you accept that fact the next step is discovering who he is.

But "The Creation" is not a fact at all. When you refer to "the creation" you mean the creation myth from the bible. Which is factually incorrect, as has been established for a fair amount of time now.

In the real world, there was no "creation". No being that kicked it all off. "The creation" is wrong mate. Need evidence? Then put down your story book and read any science material of the past 50+ years on the subject, and you'll find your answers.

Having problems with your computer? Visit the Free Tech Support thread for help!
[+] 2 users Like OakTree500's post
28-07-2017, 08:39 AM
(28-07-2017 08:17 AM)theophilus Wrote:  You can find the answer to this in the 3rd chapter of Genesis. God created a perfect world, then created a perfect man and woman to rule. They sinned and the result was that neither the human race or the world is now perfect.

So his perfect man and woman were not perfect or they would not have "sinned" in the first place... your imaginary god is an incompetent designer who blames his creation for his own mistakes.

How about you take your kindergarten apologetics and go find some xian site where they will give it some credence. You've never offered anything except ignorance and personal incredulity to support your childish beliefs and it'd be laughable if it wasn't so trite.

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
[+] 7 users Like unfogged's post
28-07-2017, 09:12 AM
(24-07-2017 01:24 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  Actually the Battle of Jericho is one which Archaeology has specifically disproven.

Quote:Without faith you will never understand anything that I post.

So then it's not science after all.

I was about to say the same thing.

This guy is simply throwing out the generalized "Science proves GAWD!" bullshit that is put into believers brains, and I can say that as someone who sat through 30+ years of it. It's pretty much nothing more than those generic type statements are just repeated over and over until it becomes fact. And you add in the slightly pompous over-confidence as a cherry on top. It becomes the "well EVERYONE knows science has proven God/The Bible/Jesus Christ"......because it's been repeated a billion times.

No actual evidence is given and that's by design, because none exists. In fact the opposite is true, as you've pointed out. The evidence actually disproves things from the Bible (Battle of Jericho, Jews in Egypt, Noah's Ark, etc.), or at best proves if it did happen, it didn't happen the way the bible describes it. And WOW...the bible desribes real places and events? Who fucking cares? London is a real place so Harry Potter is real; New York is a real place so Spider-man is swinging around Times Square as we speak.

The believer in the OP is so naive and spouting out such basic, Bullshit 101 arguments that I'm not sure any time should have been wasted on him. Talking to that person is about like discussing the Tooth Fairy with a 4 year old that believes in her.
[+] 4 users Like ResidentEvilFan's post
28-07-2017, 09:13 AM
(28-07-2017 08:17 AM)theophilus Wrote:  You can find the answer to this in the 3rd chapter of Genesis. God created a perfect world, then created a perfect man and woman to rule. They sinned and the result was that neither the human race or the world is now perfect.

That is not creation in the sense that God creates. You are simply manipulating material that has already been created.

The creation only shows that there is a God. Once you accept that fact the next step is discovering who he is.

Prove.

It.
[+] 1 user Likes ResidentEvilFan's post
28-07-2017, 09:20 AM
(28-07-2017 09:12 AM)ResidentEvilFan Wrote:  It's pretty much nothing more than those generic type statements are just repeated over and over until it becomes fact.

Religious people have a hard time understanding that just because they see things a certain way, that doesn't itself prove the facts really are the way they see them.
They apparently have no conception of how cultural conditioning (really rewarding cherry-picking) organizes people's perceptions of the world.
28-07-2017, 10:04 AM
(28-07-2017 04:27 AM)SYZ Wrote:  I create stuff frequently by connecting otherwise non-functioning objects together to make something that uses energy, in order to construct something that cannot work without my input—and it doesn't require any paranormal or supernatural input from any third party.

Can you explain precisely in what sense you're using the term "create" with regard to your god? I understand the word create means to bring into reality something—in this case photons—which have never before existed prior to my combining a specific selection of elements. Your god never did that, nor could he. Apparently his creative talents were extremely limited?

You'll undoubtedly—and disingenuously—claim that he created those elements I'm sure, but why is it that he couldn't get them to produce an effective light source? Instead he made his followers use tallow candles that blew out in a wind, and could barely penetrate the darkness outside of a tent. Ergo; I must be more clever than your god.

Quote:
Quote:Can you also tell me, from a personal perspective, why it is that you accept the existence of the Christian god—but not Allah, Apollo, Baiame, Vishnu, or the Valkyries for example?

Uh... so you've deliberately avoided answering my question about the multitude of gods that (purportedly) exist? Or apparently you're in agreement that you do ignore the other several thousand gods that other people have faith in?

I'm a creationist... I believe that man created God.
[+] 1 user Likes SYZ's post
28-07-2017, 11:04 AM
(28-07-2017 09:20 AM)Thoreauvian Wrote:  
(28-07-2017 09:12 AM)ResidentEvilFan Wrote:  It's pretty much nothing more than those generic type statements are just repeated over and over until it becomes fact.

Religious people have a hard time understanding that just because they see things a certain way, that doesn't itself prove the facts really are the way they see them.
They apparently have no conception of how cultural conditioning (really rewarding cherry-picking) organizes people's perceptions of the world.

Pretty much, and it's a bit entertaining to watch their minds short circuit when you cut through that.

For example, one of the favorite things repeated in the churches I went to was how reliable the bible is, and that it's "the most reliable piece of historical literature we have". When you press them on it, they'll repeat how many historical copies we have of it. When you press on that, asking A) how does the number of copies prove that what it says is true and B) the problem with the earliest dates still being years after the so called events happened, then they'll point to something like the Dead Sea Scrolls and throw out generic statements about how archelogy "proves" it. If you press further and ask for specifics........then they swing it back to faith, or in some cases dismiss you all together for not "getting it".

I saw that garbage over and over.
[+] 4 users Like ResidentEvilFan's post
28-07-2017, 04:59 PM

Genesis 3 states that thorns and thistles were produced as a result of the “curse” decreed by god after the fall, thistles are found in the fossil record going back to the Devonian period about 200 million years BEFORE humans existed.

Even the idiots at Creation.com acknowledge this timeline - A thorny issue while simultaneously denying it as they reference an article about an "evolutionary enigma" in which they quote mine a scientific article and lie about what the article said.

Thorn-like prickles and heterophylly in Cyanea: adaptations to extinct avian browsers on Hawaii?
If you're too dishonest or ignorant to acknowledge what this article actually says without referencing the creationist liars at Creation.com, I can explain it to you.

But then again, if you really understood science articles like this, you wouldn't be referencing sites like Creation.com aka Liars For Jesus. Drinking Beverage

Gods derive their power from post-hoc rationalizations. -The Inquisition

Using the supernatural to explain events in your life is a failure of the intellect to comprehend the world around you. -The Inquisition
[+] 2 users Like TheInquisition's post