Science test

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
09-04-2014, 09:21 AM
RE: Science test
(09-04-2014 06:52 AM)Full Circle Wrote:  
(08-04-2014 11:55 PM)LostandInsecure Wrote:  I had to guess too and I still got it wrong but I was just proud of myself for knowing that sulfuric acid is h2so4 Tongue

You ever hear this ditty?

"My professor ain't gonna teach no more
For what he thought was H2o, was H2so4"

The one we learned was, "Little Johnny took a drink, but he will drink no more. For what he thought was h2o was h2so4

Swing with me a while, we can listen to the birds call, we can keep each other warm.
Swing with me forever, we can count up every flower, we can weather every storm.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Losty's post
09-04-2014, 09:28 AM
ate/ic ite/ous. Sulphuric acid is a sulphate anion. Don't you guys remember your high school chemistry?

Polio must be a virus, because there's a vaccine for it.
(though, technically, so does tetanus, but that's actually against the active neurotoxin the bacteria produces)

The one about CO2 emissions was bullshit, though - that depends entirely on the type of oil and/or coal. Some coal is cleaner than some oil.

... this is my signature!
[+] 2 users Like cjlr's post
09-04-2014, 09:44 AM
(09-04-2014 09:28 AM)cjlr Wrote:  ate/ic ite/ous. Sulphuric acid is a sulphate anion. Don't you guys remember your high school chemistry?

(though, technically, so does tetanus, but that's actually against the active neurotoxin the bacteria produces)

The one about CO2 emissions was bullshit, though - that depends entirely on the type of oil and/or coal. Some coal is cleaner than some oil.

I didn't take chemistry in high school. Oddly, because I was going to college for the last 2 years of high school and couldn't take the college level chemistry class because I hadn't taken high school chem and my science knowledge was lacking.

I knew what they were going for in the CO2 question. I spent 2 years working for an environmental group, and Coal = teh debil was pounded into our heads on a daily basis. "clean coal" was a dirty word there.

Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up.

"Let me give you some advice, bastard: never forget what you are. The rest of the world will not. Wear it like armor, and it can never be used to hurt you." - Tyrion Lannister
09-04-2014, 09:59 AM
(09-04-2014 09:44 AM)itsnotmeitsyou Wrote:  I knew what they were going for in the CO2 question. I spent 2 years working for an environmental group, and Coal = teh debil was pounded into our heads on a daily basis. "clean coal" was a dirty word there.

"Clean coal" is still really shitty. It's just that it's not hard to beat dirty oils.

Cleaner types of coal (note: we long since used up most of these decades ago!) are cleaner than some types of oil.

Both "oil" and "coal" are overly broad terms - but I guess you can't expect too much from freaking buzzfeed.

[+] 1 user Likes cjlr's post
09-04-2014, 10:18 AM
(09-04-2014 09:59 AM)cjlr Wrote:  
(09-04-2014 09:44 AM)itsnotmeitsyou Wrote:  I knew what they were going for in the CO2 question. I spent 2 years working for an environmental group, and Coal = teh debil was pounded into our heads on a daily basis. "clean coal" was a dirty word there.

"Clean coal" is still really shitty. It's just that it's not hard to beat dirty oils.

Cleaner types of coal (note: we long since used up most of these decades ago!) are cleaner than some types of oil.

Both "oil" and "coal" are overly broad terms - but I guess you can't expect too much from freaking buzzfeed.

I'm very aware of the fact that clean coal isn't actually clean. I didn't mean to insinuate that I thought it was, just that there is a pavlovian response to the word "coal" that makes otherwise rational people fly off the deep end. Dodgy

And yeah, it's buzzfeed. They have about as much journalistic integrity and scientific accuracy as CNN...

"Let me give you some advice, bastard: never forget what you are. The rest of the world will not. Wear it like armor, and it can never be used to hurt you." - Tyrion Lannister
[+] 1 user Likes itsnotmeitsyou's post
09-04-2014, 10:41 AM
(09-04-2014 10:18 AM)itsnotmeitsyou Wrote:  I'm very aware of the fact that clean coal isn't actually clean. I didn't mean to insinuate that I thought it was, just that there is a pavlovian response to the word "coal" that makes otherwise rational people fly off the deep end. Dodgy

Oh, granted.

(09-04-2014 10:18 AM)itsnotmeitsyou Wrote:  And yeah, it's buzzfeed. They have about as much journalistic integrity and scientific accuracy as CNN...

I'm just impressed that in 15 questions nothing was genuinely wrong, and only the one real ambiguity. Good on you, buzzfeed!

[+] 1 user Likes cjlr's post
09-04-2014, 11:03 AM
(08-04-2014 11:43 PM)Raptor Jesus Wrote:  
(08-04-2014 11:41 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  Blush

.....wweeelllll?

10 correct and when finished the thing said I got a "C".

I don't like that.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

09-04-2014, 11:20 AM
[Image: Y_all+Motherfuckers+Need+Science.jpg]

[+] 3 users Like itsnotmeitsyou's post
09-04-2014, 11:57 AM
15/15. Fairly easy test

"IN THRUST WE TRUST"

"We were conservative Jews and that meant we obeyed God's Commandments until His rules became a royal pain in the ass."

- Joel Chastnoff, The 188th Crybaby Brigade
09-04-2014, 02:08 PM
(09-04-2014 09:28 AM)cjlr Wrote:  ate/ic ite/ous. Sulphuric acid is a sulphate anion. Don't you guys remember your high school chemistry?

I take it you missed that one, too? Consider

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user