Science vs. Faith

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
08-05-2014, 10:43 PM
Science vs. Faith
So, bored on the internet, I go searching around. I suddenly find some christian forum. I curiously go an and see what it is.
Apparently they have a subforum called "faith vs. science."
Facepalm
Seriously, your faith is fighting science?
Goddamnit!
Okay, so, science is basically what created everything we do. Even somehow communicating is science in itself.
Hypocrites.

[Image: v0jpzpT.png]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
08-05-2014, 11:08 PM
RE: Science vs. Faith
Gah! They have posters there who make Trainwreck appear sane. (O_o)

*Shudders and twitches after perusing a thread*

Much cheers (And sanity) to all.
09-05-2014, 12:06 AM
Oh, god, why did I look??!?!? Here is what passes for an opening thread post:

Quote:Always remember that when dialoging with opposing religions, atheists and evolutionists.

They are riddled in THEORIES. They trust their Professors and trust in the opinions of certain groups. But a theory is a theory is a theory ... it's STILL a theory. A commonly accepted theory ... is still a theory. Carbon dating itself is a THEORY due to all the considerations, like atmosphere, etc. Nothing has a date tag attached to it.

That's it. That's all I got for you in this. It's a CORE PRINCIPLE that you all can build upon yourselves.

Please tell me you feel the same way about the theory of gravity and maybe you'll just float the fuck off into space.... Facepalm

Maybe the first person to reply will have something less idiotic to say.

Quote:I would add that a convincing argument is still just an argument and compelling evidence is still just evidence... neither of which are proof.

"Now look fellas, those scientists over there have some convincing arguments, and some compelling evidence, but don't worry, neither of those are proof." Lecture_preist

"We know THAT. In fact., those atheists are so dumb they're trying to figure out how to put them together." Drooling

"HOLY SHIT, THEY'RE DOING WHAT?" Gasp

Oops

Jesus is my Stalker: He has graced me with his unconditional love, but if I reject it and refuse to love him in return, he will make my life Hell.
09-05-2014, 02:19 AM (This post was last modified: 09-05-2014 02:45 AM by djhall.)
Its like a TrainWreck, and I had to go back for another peek. Stumbled across these little gems:

Quote: technically he is right if we were scientists and debating, in science you need actual evidence saying you own personal belief is not scientific. however when you combine faith and science that changes everything. for instance the big bang theory, which happened with two atoms i think sorry if i am wrong i am a little dusty on this subject. according to science these atoms were just there nothing created them.
i asked my friend who loves knowledge and science how could these things just always have been there without being created? he replied they just were not everything needs to be created.
so you see even scientists have a certain faith they cannot exlain why in a vast emptyness two atom just existed and werent created

Quote:Objective faith is just being convinced that something is so. Faith may be contrary to evidence, or based on no evidence, some evidence, much evidence, sufficient evidence, or absolute proof. It is all faith.

But I put it to you that proper objective faith is being convinced that something is true based on the sufficiency of the evidence or the obviousness of the self-evident.

Quote:"Moreover, natural selection must be capable of foresight. Isn't "choosing" its prime function? But the choice cannot take place without predicting the future role of the incipient organ. Without such prescience, the coordination of successive states is incomprehensible. Did Darwin take this into consideration?"

Quote:I decided to end it out of compassion because it was headed for a TrainWreck, IMHO.
Unsure

Jesus is my Stalker: He has graced me with his unconditional love, but if I reject it and refuse to love him in return, he will make my life Hell.
09-05-2014, 07:34 AM
(08-05-2014 10:43 PM)Alex_Leonardo Wrote:  So, bored on the internet, I go searching around. I suddenly find some christian forum. I curiously go an and see what it is.
Facepalm
Goddamnit!
Okay, so, science is basically what created everything we do. Even somehow communicating is science in itself.
Hypocrites.

I posted there for about a month last fall. I actually found this place almost immediately after leaving WCF. I quickly left the science subforum and moved onto the apologetics forum, where you apparently... can't discuss apologetics (long story). If you out yourself as a nonbeliever, you can only access three sub forums.

Now, if it makes you feel better, there are several prominent Christian posters there who are very pro science. Although, there used to be two prominent geocentrists who didn't believe in gravity, so, there's that.
09-05-2014, 08:15 AM
(09-05-2014 07:34 AM)RobbyPants Wrote:  
(08-05-2014 10:43 PM)Alex_Leonardo Wrote:  So, bored on the internet, I go searching around. I suddenly find some christian forum. I curiously go an and see what it is.
Facepalm
Goddamnit!
Hypocrites.

I posted there for about a month last fall. I actually found this place almost immediately after leaving WCF. I quickly left the science subforum and moved onto the apologetics forum, where you apparently... can't discuss apologetics (long story). If you out yourself as a nonbeliever, you can only access three sub forums.

Now, if it makes you feel better, there are several prominent Christian posters there who are very pro science. Although, there used to be two prominent geocentrists who didn't believe in gravity, so, there's that.
Yes, I know. But they're trying to make whatever "battle" they have black and white, because they can't see it's a gray area. You can't just fight an systematic enterprise of the collection and organization of knowledge.
See, the problem Christianity faces is it's "wars" or "battles" don't have distinguishable enemies and, like I said, aren't "Black and White."

09-05-2014, 08:17 AM
Cletus Wrote:If we evolved from monkeys why are there still monkeys?

Classic. Laughat

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
09-05-2014, 08:18 AM
(09-05-2014 12:06 AM)djhall Wrote:  Oh, god, why did I look??!?!? Here is what passes for an opening thread post:

Quote:Always remember that when dialoging with opposing religions, atheists and evolutionists.

They are riddled in THEORIES. They trust their Professors and trust in the opinions of certain groups. But a theory is a theory is a theory ... it's STILL a theory. A commonly accepted theory ... is still a theory. Carbon dating itself is a THEORY due to all the considerations, like atmosphere, etc. Nothing has a date tag attached to it.

That's it. That's all I got for you in this. It's a CORE PRINCIPLE that you all can build upon yourselves.

Please tell me you feel the same way about the theory of gravity and maybe you'll just float the fuck off into space.... Facepalm

Maybe the first person to reply will have something less idiotic to say.

Quote:I would add that a convincing argument is still just an argument and compelling evidence is still just evidence... neither of which are proof.

"Now look fellas, those scientists over there have some convincing arguments, and some compelling evidence, but don't worry, neither of those are proof." Lecture_preist

"We know THAT. In fact., those atheists are so dumb they're trying to figure out how to put them together." Drooling

"HOLY SHIT, THEY'RE DOING WHAT?" Gasp

Oops

The funny thing is that when people say " Gravity is also a theory, like evolution." They're basically saying we don't understand gravity, (because no-ne knows why mass bends space time.) we actually know more about evolution than gravity.