Science vs Morality

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
02-07-2014, 10:32 AM
RE: Science vs Morality
(02-07-2014 10:07 AM)natachan Wrote:  To lose your entire brain is to be dead. Is it worth living to live without physical pleasure? Some say it is. Some say it isn't. That's a personal choice. Being unable to feel pleasure does not make a person inferior philosophically which is the only way we can speak of one person being inferior or superior to another.
Losing all your pleasure would be worse than death. For example, people with severe depression would decide that to have their lives ended would be much better even if they were to have the greatest intelligence in the world combined with the greatest function of all other areas of their brain and being able to do great things in their lives.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
02-07-2014, 10:35 AM
"Scientific arguments..."

[Image: colin-farrell.gif]

It's Special Pleadings all the way down!

Magic Talking Snakes STFU -- revenantx77

You can't have your special pleading and eat it too. -- WillHop
[+] 2 users Like Taqiyya Mockingbird's post
02-07-2014, 11:11 AM
Given the stupidity of the first sentence of the OP I gave up on the rest of the post.

Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored- Aldous Huxley
[+] 1 user Likes devilsadvoc8's post
02-07-2014, 04:14 PM
(02-07-2014 10:35 AM)Taqiyya Mockingbird Wrote:  "Scientific arguments..."

On an unrelated topic, is this your favorite gif? I see you use it constantly Tongue

Atir aissom atir imon
02-07-2014, 07:28 PM
(02-07-2014 04:14 PM)Im_Ryan Wrote:  
(02-07-2014 10:35 AM)Taqiyya Mockingbird Wrote:  "Scientific arguments..."

On an unrelated topic, is this your favorite gif? I see you use it constantly Tongue

Far less than you use the Dubya-eating-kittens gif. Tongue

02-07-2014, 09:07 PM
If, let's pretend, you were to have no sense of morality or worth whatsoever, regardless of the fact that you would have no value and such whatsoever towards pleasure, if you were to lose all your pleasure and become severely depressed (obviously the worst depression you can possibly have), this would be worse than death and worse than losing all your intelligence and other brain functions. You do not need a sense of personal opinion and such to come to the conclusion that losing all your pleasure would be worse (it would be something catastrophically worse). It's something self-explanatory (common sense) and you don't need any knowledge of science or anything. Therefore, this proves my argument of pleasure obviously being the greatest function of the brain which means pleasure is the greatest part of who you are and if you lose that, then you are reduced to a mere emotionless robot. And that would, in fact, make you less of a person because you have lost the one and only greatest thing that defines you.
02-07-2014, 10:27 PM
(02-07-2014 09:07 PM)Mozart Link Wrote:  If, let's pretend, you were to have no sense of morality or worth whatsoever, regardless of the fact that you would have no value and such whatsoever towards pleasure, if you were to lose all your pleasure and become severely depressed (obviously the worst depression you can possibly have), this would be worse than death and worse than losing all your intelligence and other brain functions. You do not need a sense of personal opinion and such to come to the conclusion that losing all your pleasure would be worse (it would be something catastrophically worse). It's something self-explanatory (common sense) and you don't need any knowledge of science or anything. Therefore, this proves my argument of pleasure obviously being the greatest function of the brain which means pleasure is the greatest part of who you are and if you lose that, then you are reduced to a mere emotionless robot. And that would, in fact, make you less of a person because you have lost the one and only greatest thing that defines you.

I like random word generators too. Which one are you using ?

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 2 users Like Bucky Ball's post
02-07-2014, 10:32 PM
(02-07-2014 10:27 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(02-07-2014 09:07 PM)Mozart Link Wrote:  If, let's pretend, you were to have no sense of morality or worth whatsoever, regardless of the fact that you would have no value and such whatsoever towards pleasure, if you were to lose all your pleasure and become severely depressed (obviously the worst depression you can possibly have), this would be worse than death and worse than losing all your intelligence and other brain functions. You do not need a sense of personal opinion and such to come to the conclusion that losing all your pleasure would be worse (it would be something catastrophically worse). It's something self-explanatory (common sense) and you don't need any knowledge of science or anything. Therefore, this proves my argument of pleasure obviously being the greatest function of the brain which means pleasure is the greatest part of who you are and if you lose that, then you are reduced to a mere emotionless robot. And that would, in fact, make you less of a person because you have lost the one and only greatest thing that defines you.

I like random word generators too. Which one are you using ?

Looks like the same Deepak model that His Holiness The Dharmaburger King is using.

02-07-2014, 10:52 PM
(02-07-2014 07:28 PM)Taqiyya Mockingbird Wrote:  
(02-07-2014 04:14 PM)Im_Ryan Wrote:  On an unrelated topic, is this your favorite gif? I see you use it constantly Tongue

Far less than you use the Dubya-eating-kittens gif. Tongue

You have intrigued me good sir, may I ask for a demonstration? I think this is as good a thread as any Tongue

Atir aissom atir imon
02-07-2014, 10:55 PM
(02-07-2014 10:52 PM)Im_Ryan Wrote:  
(02-07-2014 07:28 PM)Taqiyya Mockingbird Wrote:  Far less than you use the Dubya-eating-kittens gif. Tongue

You have intrigued me good sir, may I ask for a demonstration? I think this is as good a thread as any Tongue

...of Dubya eating kittens? I giggle every time I see your avatar!