Science20 nonsense

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
06-12-2014, 05:51 PM
RE: Science20 nonsense
At least I hope the author is aware of the biology of childbirth.

That's all I can write that is positive.
Everything else would be a facepalm essay and I'm not in the mood to type that out on my phone.

Insanity - doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Rahn127's post
07-12-2014, 01:04 AM
Why is it that scientists whom are believers use their scientist status to try and use it to push pseudo science onto people using the argument from authority fallacy?

I am beginning to feel that these people who use science to prove god exists are nothing more than Christians whom were good at math and study skills who got the idea that if they got a degree in science and joined a Christian science institute, they can use their "Christian Science" to tell everyone how much their deity exists. Am I right on the money with that assumption?

My Youtube channel if anyone is interested.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEkRdbq...rLEz-0jEHQ
07-12-2014, 06:01 AM
(07-12-2014 01:04 AM)Shadow Fox Wrote:  Why is it that scientists whom are believers use their scientist status to try and use it to push pseudo science onto people using the argument from authority fallacy?

I am beginning to feel that these people who use science to prove god exists are nothing more than Christians whom were good at math and study skills who got the idea that if they got a degree in science and joined a Christian science institute, they can use their "Christian Science" to tell everyone how much their deity exists. Am I right on the money with that assumption?

Sometimes I don't think that they are consciously being bias and ignorant. In a lot of cases it's just probably the indoctrination that transforms their perspective into the something flock-like.

Also, there have been a few politicians doing stupid things like this a lately too. For example, Jeremy Hunt, The Minister for HEALTH in the government, and he supports the funding of homeopathic NHS Hospitals!!! This is where situations like this get dangerous. This is the letter he sent to a fellow politician that can see homeopathy doesn't work:

Dear Mr Ellis,
Thank you very much for your letter regarding EDM 1240 in support of Homeopathic Hospitals. I appreciate that you are disappointed that I added my name to this motion, and read your comments on this issue with interest.
I understand that it is your view that homeopathy is not effective, and therefore that people should not be encouraged to use it as a treatment. However I am afraid that I have to disagree with you on this issue. Homeopathic care is enormously valued by thousands of people and in an NHS that the Government repeatedly tells us is "patient-led" it ought to be available where a doctor and patient believe that a homeopathic treatment may be of benefit to the patient.
I am grateful to you for taking the time to write with your concerns. I realise that my answer will be a disappointing one for you, but I hope that the letter helps to clarify my view.
Yours sincerely,
(Signed)
Jeremy Hunt Member of Parliament South West Surrey.

It has such a religious tone the way that facts are ignored when he makes a point, and seems to think that because a large number of people have homeopathic care, that it makes the "science" behind it true!
More on that story here: http://blogs.telegraph.co.uk/news/tomchi...thy-works/

Also, a member of the health committee and the science and technology committee, David Tredinnick (another MP) wants to incorporate Astrology into medicine.
It's like reading the cartoons on the back of a newspaper: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-28464009

Saints live in flames; wise men, next to them.
07-12-2014, 06:02 AM
I'm sorry, have I turned this into a psuedoscience thread?

07-12-2014, 08:20 AM
(06-12-2014 12:16 PM)SunnyD1 Wrote:  
(06-12-2014 09:33 AM)houseofcantor Wrote:  The thought of being born atheist is what's nonsense. Thanks for sourcing my argument. I've got more. Why not source your argument.

So you're saying that if an atheist couple left this planet, brought up their child away from any human civilization, the child would inevitably be theistic?

You know the difference between source and anecdote, yeah? Big Grin

Inevitably some form of religion would arise in the society of their descendants. The other argument is backwards. Atheism is not a thing in itself, but a reaction to the intruding presence of religion.

[Image: ZF1ZJ4M.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
07-12-2014, 10:31 AM
(07-12-2014 08:20 AM)houseofcantor Wrote:  
(06-12-2014 12:16 PM)SunnyD1 Wrote:  So you're saying that if an atheist couple left this planet, brought up their child away from any human civilization, the child would inevitably be theistic?

You know the difference between source and anecdote, yeah? Big Grin

Inevitably some form of religion would arise in the society of their descendants. The other argument is backwards. Atheism is not a thing in itself, but a reaction to the intruding presence of religion.

Yes.

Already addressed that point. As long as humans face death there will be some sort of theism in order to explain it. The WORD atheism is a reaction but the definition is the innate position of all living creatures.

07-12-2014, 09:47 PM (This post was last modified: 07-12-2014 11:04 PM by Jacky Man.)
Has anyone not notice there are serious lacking of citations that this article would not even pass the wiki submission process?
"Cognitive scientists are becoming increasingly aware that a metaphysical outlook may be so deeply ingrained in human thought processes that it cannot be expunged."
That is just a personal claim. So before people even argue about it, please do not consider it as scientific but someone's opinion.

Also it got it ass backward, the default position is no believe. Atheism only happens when Theism is introduced. We all have imaginations but most of us know they are only temporary imagination unlike a religious believe.
[+] 1 user Likes Jacky Man's post
07-12-2014, 10:48 PM
(06-12-2014 07:39 AM)SunnyD1 Wrote:  I read this article earlier that made me laugh. I thought I'd share it to brighten up everybody's day!

Half way in it claims " This shouldn’t come as a surprise, since we are born believers, not atheists, scientists say. " hahahahaha amazing.

Thanks. I need to keep informed about those "militant" athiests.

The second mouse gets the cheese.