Scientist figure out how a lizard regenerates it's tail.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
21-08-2014, 09:05 AM
Scientist figure out how a lizard regenerates it's tail.
Researchers looked at about 23,000 genes in sliced up tails of Green Anole Lizards and found that at least 326 of those genes in specific spots "activate" during regeneration, showing that lizards DNA has a genetic "recipe" for regeneration. Researches say these finding may help pave the way for new therapeutic approaches for birth defects and spinal cord injuries and possibly arthritis too.

I think this is cool and can be very beneficial.

More Info

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 6 users Like JDog554's post
21-08-2014, 09:14 AM (This post was last modified: 21-08-2014 09:18 AM by Bows and Arrows.)
RE: Scientist figure out how a lizard regenerates it's tail.
Have you ever watched a lizard lose it's tail? It is the freakiest thing ever.

Our dog used to try to catch them, many times swatting them with his paw. the broken tail would squirm around on the porch for waaaay longer than what I ever imagined they could. And if you touch it after it stops, often times it will starting squirming again.

It's sick and creepy and neat to watch all at the same time.

This is the kind we have here. (Skinks)
[Image: blue_tailed_skink2.jpg]

"Life is a daring adventure or it is nothing"--Helen Keller
[+] 2 users Like Bows and Arrows's post
21-08-2014, 10:34 AM
(21-08-2014 09:14 AM)Bows and Arrows Wrote:  Have you ever watched a lizard lose it's tail? It is the freakiest thing ever.

Our dog used to try to catch them, many times swatting them with his paw. the broken tail would squirm around on the porch for waaaay longer than what I ever imagined they could. And if you touch it after it stops, often times it will starting squirming again.

It's sick and creepy and neat to watch all at the same time.

This is the kind we have here. (Skinks)
[Image: blue_tailed_skink2.jpg]

Never seen it and I don't think I want to Laugh out load

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
21-08-2014, 01:33 PM
(21-08-2014 09:05 AM)JDog554 Wrote:  Researchers looked at about 23,000 genes in sliced up tails of Green Anole Lizards and found that at least 326 of those genes in specific spots "activate" during regeneration, showing that lizards DNA has a genetic "recipe" for regeneration.
Utter crap!

Lizzards regenerate because of the Almighty.
It couldn't happen naturally. It's impossible. That's why human limbs don't grow back.

God is a lizzard. Lizzards were created in Her magnificent image.
This miracle is proof of God.
I mean, Jesus died, hardly seems godly. There are stories that Jesus rose from death, but anyone can write stories, it is hardly evidence.

Lizzards regrow tails, it happens all the time, even you can witness it. It defies disbelief.
[+] 1 user Likes Stevil's post
21-08-2014, 05:09 PM
Quote:"Lizards grow lots of this cartilage in their regenerated tails, and we hope that this process can be activated to repair arthritis in humans."

Some poor bastards will probably end up growing a tail.

Atheism is NOT a Religion. It's A Personal Relationship With Reality!
23-08-2014, 06:17 AM
(21-08-2014 09:05 AM)JDog554 Wrote:  Researchers looked at about 23,000 genes in sliced up tails of Green Anole Lizards and found that at least 326 of those genes in specific spots "activate" during regeneration, showing that lizards DNA has a genetic "recipe" for regeneration. Researches say these finding may help pave the way for new therapeutic approaches for birth defects and spinal cord injuries and possibly arthritis too.

More Info

Isn't stem cell research suppose to be the magic recipe for everything?

This is good though. Maybe both of them will come in handy. Like two pieces of the same puzzle.

My Youtube channel if anyone is interested.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEkRdbq...rLEz-0jEHQ
23-08-2014, 07:29 AM
(21-08-2014 05:09 PM)Minimalist Wrote:  
Quote:"Lizards grow lots of this cartilage in their regenerated tails, and we hope that this process can be activated to repair arthritis in humans."

Some poor bastards will probably end up growing a tail.

Isn't that already a thing?

(23-08-2014 06:17 AM)Shadow Fox Wrote:  
(21-08-2014 09:05 AM)JDog554 Wrote:  Researchers looked at about 23,000 genes in sliced up tails of Green Anole Lizards and found that at least 326 of those genes in specific spots "activate" during regeneration, showing that lizards DNA has a genetic "recipe" for regeneration. Researches say these finding may help pave the way for new therapeutic approaches for birth defects and spinal cord injuries and possibly arthritis too.

More Info

Isn't stem cell research suppose to be the magic recipe for everything?

This is good though. Maybe both of them will come in handy. Like two pieces of the same puzzle.

I think so, stem cell research will help us in so many ways.

23-08-2014, 09:41 AM
There are also some species of crab that regrow claws.

Poetry by Brian37(poems by an atheist) Also on Facebook as BrianJames Rational Poet and Twitter Brianrrs37
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user