Scientist only want evolution to be true for money?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
16-03-2014, 12:33 PM
Scientist only want evolution to be true for money?
I love conspiracies. They all ways interest me. It is sort of weird to love such things but one is always interesting to me. The one that seems to get me is when creationist say thing along the lines of some thing like this, "Evolutionist scientist only keep up this lie because the elite and the government pay them to do so. They also love making the riches that they get." This comment seems to only appear when a creationist has no argument against the evidence, especially when they have been shown that there arguments are actually false. There are a few things wrong with this argument.

The first is who pays the scientist. Scientist can of course be payed by government however most scientist have to get money from other scientist, and some times family members and even religious places of worship.1 So the government is the only one paying for scientific research.

The second is the government wants to ship evolution. First where are you talking about. If you are talking about the world in general it depends where. In countries like japan, evolution is preferred because they realize the evidence points to it. In america however it is debated in government. Many politicians want creationism taught in schools, in fact some schools do teach it and get away.

The third is the money. Scientist do make a lot of money but not as much as religious people. A biologist makes 83,2052 and that is when it is an expert senior one. A megachurch preacher can make more then $200,000, and lets not get started on how much money people who work answers in genesis make( I will give you a hint, a LOT).

The fourth is that evolutionary biologist only work and lie for money. First evolutionary biologist don't lie, if we did piltdown and nebraska man would still be promoted as evidence for evolution. Second, many people become scientist out of interest. I want to study animal ecology and evolution because I am interested in it, not because I only want money. If I only cared about money I would work as a "creationist" scientist.

1. http://undsci.berkeley.edu/article/0_0_0/who_pays

2. http://blog.chron.com/sciguy/2006/01/how...ists-make/

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Metazoa Zeke's post
16-03-2014, 01:14 PM
RE: Scientist only want evolution to be true for money?
This stupid "argument" comes up every time someone doesn't like something that has to do with science. "Of course vaccines are bad! Doctors make money out of them!".

My usual answer to such nonsense goes something like this: There are probably millions of people who can be considered scientists in the world. Is it reasonable to think that all those millions are actually being paid to hide all the big conspiracies? And is it also reasonable to think that these people spend years in universities and studies and endless days in laboratories, research, and all that just to cover up stuff?

People who say such things tend to think that there is one "scientific community" where everyone agrees with everyone else and they have all agreed to never open their mouths about the big secrets, not even to their friends and relatives.

"Behind every great pirate, there is a great butt."
-Guybrush Threepwood-
[+] 5 users Like undergroundp's post
16-03-2014, 01:17 PM
(16-03-2014 01:14 PM)undergroundp Wrote:  This stupid "argument" comes up every time someone doesn't like something that has to do with science. "Of course vaccines are bad! Doctors make money out of them!".

My usual answer to such nonsense goes something like this: There are probably millions of people who can be considered scientists in the world. Is it reasonable to think that all those millions are actually being paid to hide all the big conspiracies? And is it also reasonable to think that these people spend years in universities and studies and endless days in laboratories, research, and all that just to cover up stuff?

People who say such things tend to think that there is one "scientific community" where everyone agrees with everyone else and they have all agreed to never open their mouths about the big secrets, not even to their friends and relatives.

Another argument you should add is this, "Who ever disproves evolution and finds a better explanation of biodiversity will make millions and win a nobel prizes. It will also lead a new field of research in which there is a better chance of people making money."

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
[+] 2 users Like Metazoa Zeke's post
16-03-2014, 01:19 PM
Well, yeah. "lol conspiracy" has got iron-clad unfalsifiability going for it. It's a great explanation.

... this is my signature!
[+] 4 users Like cjlr's post
16-03-2014, 01:24 PM
(16-03-2014 01:19 PM)cjlr Wrote:  Well, yeah. "lol conspiracy" has got iron-clad unfalsifiability going for it. It's a great explanation.

Its great if you want to keep a irrational belief when you have been shown that you are wrong.

16-03-2014, 01:45 PM
What the hell do people think scientists want the money for?

The only reason they want money is, to do more science.

I don't know of many rich scientists... Unless they write a bestseller or become a TV celebrity.

[img]

via GIPHY

[/img]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Sam's post
16-03-2014, 02:02 PM
(16-03-2014 01:45 PM)Paranoidsam Wrote:  What the hell do people think scientists want the money for?

The only reason they want money is, to do more science.

I don't know of many rich scientists... Unless they write a bestseller or become a TV celebrity.

Ya in fact what kind of house do people like richard dawkins live in. I know it is big but not like ray comforts.

[+] 1 user Likes Metazoa Zeke's post
16-03-2014, 02:09 PM
Consider
Let me try that logic in reverse. "Evangelists and apologists only keep up the lies because they love making the riches they get." Damn, it works. Ohmy

I am not accountable to any God. I am accountable to myself - and not because I think I am God as some theists would try to assert - but because, no matter what actions I take, thoughts I think, or words I utter, I have to be able to live with myself.
[+] 4 users Like Impulse's post
16-03-2014, 02:12 PM
(16-03-2014 02:09 PM)Impulse Wrote:  Consider
Let me try that logic in reverse. "Evangelists and apologists only keep up the lies because they love making the riches they get." Damn, it works. Ohmy

Yes this is true, however the people who use the conspiracy argument also think those christians are in on it too. To them Kent Hovind was a hero and was arrested for arguing against evolution(funny seeing ken out of jail though)

16-03-2014, 05:50 PM
I've seen the same argument to explain global warming. See, there is vast amounts of money paying scientists to conclude man made global warmingis real. If only the oil and gas industry could find a way to raise money to pay for "real science", we'd get true results.

Ok, I made up that last part but I have seen the money argument.

Shackle their minds when they're bent on the cross
When ignorance reigns, life is lost
[+] 3 users Like BnW's post