Scientist only want evolution to be true for money?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
16-03-2014, 06:09 PM
RE: Scientist only want evolution to be true for money?
(16-03-2014 02:02 PM)ThePaleolithicFreethinker Wrote:  
(16-03-2014 01:45 PM)Paranoidsam Wrote:  What the hell do people think scientists want the money for?

The only reason they want money is, to do more science.

I don't know of many rich scientists... Unless they write a bestseller or become a TV celebrity.

Ya in fact what kind of house do people like richard dawkins live in. I know it is big but not like ray comforts.

He does have a pool (I just read that in an interview)... but then Dawkins has written several best sellers and made several documentaries. So its not really surprising.

[img]

via GIPHY

[/img]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
16-03-2014, 06:11 PM
(16-03-2014 06:09 PM)Paranoidsam Wrote:  
(16-03-2014 02:02 PM)ThePaleolithicFreethinker Wrote:  Ya in fact what kind of house do people like richard dawkins live in. I know it is big but not like ray comforts.

He does have a pool (I just read that in an interview)... but then Dawkins has written several best sellers and made several documentaries. So its not really surprising.

I am not suprised by that people have pools, now i wonder if his house has an office to sell his products, if so then richard does have a house like... ray Weeping

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
Find all posts by this user
16-03-2014, 07:28 PM
Scientist only want evolution to be true for money?
(16-03-2014 05:50 PM)BnW Wrote:  I've seen the same argument to explain global warming. See, there is vast amounts of money paying scientists to conclude man made global warmingis real. If only the oil and gas industry could find a way to raise money to pay for "real science", we'd get true results.

Ok, I made up that last part but I have seen the money argument.

And they always ignore that the anti climate-change scientists are in the pockets of Big Oil companies.

“It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts.”
― Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, Sherlock Holmes
[+] 1 user Likes rampant.a.i.'s post
16-03-2014, 07:50 PM
I love the hypocrisy of creationists trying to make Richard Dawkins look bad saying he has a big house. If he does, why should I give a shit? If he made his money honestly, then he can do whatever the hell he wants with it. Yet these same creationists defend these assholes like Ray Comfort, who have huge houses and make their money from deceiving people, all while worshipping a guy who said that people should give up their possessions, and that it is easier for a camel to pass through the eye of a needle than it is for a rich man to make it into heaven. Hypocrisy much?

“Religion was invented when the first con man met the first fool.” - Mark Twain
21-03-2014, 03:35 PM
Never has the meme about someone going full retard been more appropriate....

THIS USER IS NO LONGER ACTIVE. THANK YOU, AND HAVE A GREAT DAY! http://www.thethinkingatheist.com/forum/...a-few-days
21-03-2014, 11:56 PM
What about "citizen scientists?" Angry

[Image: v0jpzpT.png]
[+] 1 user Likes Alex_Leonardo's post
22-03-2014, 01:15 AM
Or billionaire scientists? They're clearly only in it for the money.

“It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts.”
― Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, Sherlock Holmes
22-03-2014, 08:13 AM
(16-03-2014 01:19 PM)cjlr Wrote:  Well, yeah. "lol conspiracy" has got iron-clad unfalsifiability going for it. It's a great explanation.

It makes sense. If you believe in things that are objectively, verifiably wrong, sooner or later, you're going to bump head-first into contradictory facts. At this point, you have two options:
  • Dispute the facts. You don't want to look like a crazy person when doing so, so attack the person making the claim. Come up with a non-falsifiable reason that this person might lie and assume they're lying. This reason must be non-falsifiable, or else you'll have to repeat the whole cycle again when you run into more facts.
  • Alter your world view.

We all know how open fundies are to changing their world view. Laughat
[+] 2 users Like RobbyPants's post
22-03-2014, 01:38 PM
It's a combination of financial, emotional, and worldview commitment. This is nothing new, though. Said commitments are the factors behind every scientific revolution throughout history. People grow attached to an idea to the point they'll cling to it even when the evidence says it's wrong.

This is where we're currently at with Darwinian evolution. As the saying goes, it's all over but the crying. Thumbsup
22-03-2014, 01:42 PM
In order to speak authoritatively on religion I had a vision from god.

In order to speak authoritatively on science, well, I ain't there yet.

So, there's that. Angel

living word
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user