Scientists Report Major Cancer Breakthrough

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
16-02-2016, 10:12 PM (This post was last modified: 16-02-2016 10:48 PM by GirlyMan.)
RE: Scientists Report Major Cancer Breakthrough
(16-02-2016 06:01 PM)DLJ Wrote:  Please, please, please let there be a follow up study that shows that these molecules are naturally found in marijuana and I'll die happy ... and laughing.

Cannabinoid receptors are present in every cell of our bodies and virtually every other animal. We been stoned immaculate a lot longer than we been human.

#sigh
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
16-02-2016, 10:32 PM (This post was last modified: 16-02-2016 10:47 PM by Fireball.)
(16-02-2016 10:08 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  
(16-02-2016 06:43 PM)JDog554 Wrote:  A lot of cancer research has been showing results lately.

Research has also shown Running helps slow cancer growth in Mice. If this turns out to also be true in humans it could help people manage their cancer.

https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/20...142825.htm

I hate running but love walking. I wonder if walking is good too.

Walk fast. Tongue Any exercise is good. If you have an exercise that gets your blood pumping as fast as running, it would still be good to do the same, I would think. 10,000 push-ups, starting now, recruit! Tongue
16-02-2016, 10:35 PM
(16-02-2016 10:08 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  
(16-02-2016 06:43 PM)JDog554 Wrote:  A lot of cancer research has been showing results lately.

Research has also shown Running helps slow cancer growth in Mice. If this turns out to also be true in humans it could help people manage their cancer.

https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/20...142825.htm

I hate running but love walking. I wonder if walking is good too.

It's a surge of adrenaline that helps cancer killing cells move quicker to tumors so if you can get a surge of adrenaline from walking, sure.

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
16-02-2016, 10:50 PM
(16-02-2016 10:35 PM)JDog554 Wrote:  
(16-02-2016 10:08 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  I hate running but love walking. I wonder if walking is good too.

It's a surge of adrenaline that helps cancer killing cells move quicker to tumors so if you can get a surge of adrenaline from walking, sure.

If all it takes is a surge of adrenaline, everyone watching Freddy Slasher movies should be exempt from cancer?
16-02-2016, 10:57 PM
(16-02-2016 10:50 PM)Fireball Wrote:  
(16-02-2016 10:35 PM)JDog554 Wrote:  It's a surge of adrenaline that helps cancer killing cells move quicker to tumors so if you can get a surge of adrenaline from walking, sure.

If all it takes is a surge of adrenaline, everyone watching Freddy Slasher movies should be exempt from cancer?

Well it's not surge of adrenaline, insta cure. It just speeds up their trip. Like nitrous on a car.

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
17-02-2016, 09:34 AM
(16-02-2016 10:57 PM)JDog554 Wrote:  
(16-02-2016 10:50 PM)Fireball Wrote:  If all it takes is a surge of adrenaline, everyone watching Freddy Slasher movies should be exempt from cancer?

Well it's not surge of adrenaline, insta cure. It just speeds up their trip. Like nitrous on a car.

That was a joke, son. Not that great, but, hey. Tongue
[+] 1 user Likes Fireball's post
17-02-2016, 09:44 AM
Imagine if the 470 billion $ per year spent by the US industrial complex was spent on cancer research.

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
[+] 2 users Like Banjo's post
17-02-2016, 09:50 AM
Too bad my friend Jim already died from leukemia. Sad

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
17-02-2016, 10:14 AM
(17-02-2016 09:50 AM)Dom Wrote:  Too bad my friend Jim already died from leukemia. Sad

Yeah cancer is a killer worse than war. One in two Australians will die of cancer in their life.

I have seen it many times over and am sick of it.

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
[+] 1 user Likes Banjo's post
17-02-2016, 10:28 AM
(17-02-2016 09:44 AM)Banjo Wrote:  Imagine if the 470 billion $ per year spent by the US industrial complex was spent on cancer research.

The last I heard it was $400 Billion just on R&D. In other words, finding more ways to kill people.

If you look at other countries, no TOTAL budget approaches that, let alone simply the R&D section.

American students are crippled by education debt, American veterans die waiting for health care and socialized medicine is demonized.

But, we have a fuck-ton of smart bombs!!! So it's ok.

Sorry. Pet peeve. I'm better now.

Help for the living. Hope for the dead. ~ R.G. Ingersoll

Freedom offers opportunity. Opportunity confers responsibility. Responsibility to use the freedom we enjoy wisely, honestly and humanely. ~ Noam Chomsky
[+] 1 user Likes Fatbaldhobbit's post