Scientists believe that we may have had our beginnings in CLAY

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
28-06-2016, 09:21 PM
RE: Scientists believe that we may have had our beginnings in CLAY
If life came from dirt why is there still dirt?

Checkmate to you and your silly clay hypothesis Graham Cairns-Smith.

Save a life. Adopt a greyhound.

[Image: anigrey.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 5 users Like Popeye's Pappy's post
28-06-2016, 09:25 PM
(28-06-2016 08:50 PM)rosechaos Wrote:  yeah you are all right but when i googled i didn't find many researches justifying this theory only religious sites lol Big Grin (smart ass i know)

this pic i found how they try to explain stuff Hobo
i dunno really what but does it make sense at all ?

"When the human body is examined today, it may be discovered that many elements present on the earth are also to be found in the body. Living tissues contain 95% carbon, hydrogen, oxygen, nitrogen, phosphorus and sulphur, with a total of 26 different elements.91"

[Image: Capture.png]photo uploading

This is like being surprised water is wet. What would be interesting is if we were silicon based. THAT would be something. Carbon is the village prostitute of the periodic table. It is easier to say what it doesn't interact with than the other way around.

"If we are honest—and scientists have to be—we must admit that religion is a jumble of false assertions, with no basis in reality.
The very idea of God is a product of the human imagination."
- Paul Dirac
[+] 5 users Like The Organic Chemist's post
28-06-2016, 09:40 PM (This post was last modified: 28-06-2016 09:43 PM by pablo.)
The beginnings may have been Clay, but it changed to Ali. Wink
[+] 3 users Like pablo's post
28-06-2016, 09:40 PM
I suppose stardust could technically be considered clay.
28-06-2016, 10:00 PM
(28-06-2016 09:40 PM)pablo Wrote:  The beginnings may have been Clay, but it changed to Ali. Wink

I was thinking that Clay was the first attempt at Adam and god made the first woman from Clay's heart. God then learned an important biology lesson and chose a less important body part in v2.

"If we are honest—and scientists have to be—we must admit that religion is a jumble of false assertions, with no basis in reality.
- Paul Dirac
[+] 2 users Like The Organic Chemist's post
28-06-2016, 10:09 PM
(28-06-2016 05:50 PM)Paleophyte Wrote:  
(28-06-2016 03:53 PM)Brian37 Wrote:  I hate this bullshit. The ancient Greeks had the word "atom" back then, but all it meant back then was "really small to the point of being indivisible".

Actually the Greek concept of atomos was surpisingly advanced for its time. You're right, nothing like we have now but then you don't really expect the golden era Greeks to have quantum chromodynamics down.

What's interesting is that the Greeks had a lot of scientific information. Some of it was wrong but some was right. The Egyptians, Babylonians, Sumerians and a host of other civilizations had their own science and technology. Yet none of what was available back then even shows up in the Bible or other scriptures. Never mind today's science, they couldn't even manage to include 500 BCE's science.

No, not modern science, not in the slightest. More like math and building at best. My point is that our species ability to make discoveries and invent things due to our evolutionary pattern seeking not because of a religion or god or gods.

And although we did evolve to seek patterns even to today, we also still gap fill with very bad answers, which is why religion still exists today.

Poetry by Brian37(poems by an atheist) Also on Facebook as BrianJames Rational Poet and Twitter Brianrrs37
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
29-06-2016, 12:32 AM
(28-06-2016 09:25 PM)The Organic Chemist Wrote:  Carbon is the village prostitute of the periodic table.

Bloody carbon-phobe! Hobo
Its carbons electrons, and carbon can do with its electrons what it wants. Thats none of your business!
We need more carbonism to fight for carbons rights!
Tongue

Ceterum censeo, religionem delendam esse
[+] 2 users Like Deesse23's post
29-06-2016, 10:08 AM
(29-06-2016 12:32 AM)Deesse23 Wrote:  
(28-06-2016 09:25 PM)The Organic Chemist Wrote:  Carbon is the village prostitute of the periodic table.

Bloody carbon-phobe! Hobo
Its carbons electrons, and carbon can do with its electrons what it wants. Thats none of your business!
Tongue

Hey, if you share your electrons with that carbon, you are sharing with every other atom it has shared with before you!! Also, wouldn't that make carbon the biggest bisexual swinger of the table since it can DP and TP another carbon? Consider

(please tell me you got that)

- Paul Dirac
[+] 2 users Like The Organic Chemist's post
29-06-2016, 10:15 AM
Isn't clay what the Jews make Golems out of?

#sigh
29-06-2016, 10:37 AM
(29-06-2016 10:08 AM)The Organic Chemist Wrote:  
(29-06-2016 12:32 AM)Deesse23 Wrote:  Bloody carbon-phobe! Hobo
Tongue

Hey, if you share your electrons with that carbon, you are sharing with every other atom it has shared with before you!! Also, wouldn't that make carbon the biggest bisexual swinger of the table since it can DP and TP another carbon? Consider

(please tell me you got that)

Being carbon is no choice, carbon was made this way (in the core of a star)!
Its none of your business if two carbon atoms practice Ethylene or Acetylene as long as they dont harm anyone else.

got it, had top grades in chemistry in school

Ceterum censeo, religionem delendam esse
[+] 5 users Like Deesse23's post