Scientists confirm oldest known galaxy.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
24-10-2013, 07:26 AM
Scientists confirm oldest known galaxy.
13.1 billion years old. 'Splain that YECs.

Story here.

Seriously... as stated in the story, the SOL is constant... we know without a doubt that the light from this galaxy is 13.1 billion years old.

Sheesh.

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like kingschosen's post
24-10-2013, 07:41 AM
RE: Scientists confirm oldest known galaxy.
YECs will say something like "SOL is not 100% known to be a constant." We've known for ages that galaxies far away are billions of years old - unless you radically distort your theory to fit with some 2-3000 year old silly scriptures.

Can't see this making even a dent in their consciousness - apart from adding even more fuel to their suspicions that scientists (specifically astronomers in this case) are all up to no good.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
24-10-2013, 10:28 AM
Sweet

Official ordained minister of the Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster. Please pm me with prayer requests to his noodly goodness. Remember, he boiled for your sins and loves you. Carbo Diem! RAmen.
24-10-2013, 10:34 AM
I can claim to be forever young now. Yes

[Image: 3d366d5c-72a0-4228-b835-f404c2970188_zps...1381867723]
24-10-2013, 11:47 AM
Only 700 million years after the Big Bang. Wow - so close to the beginning - that we can see, anyway. That's the key. There were probably older ones we would have been able to see, had we gotten to this point in our technology several hundred years ago.

Puts shit into perspective, huh? The longer we tarry, the more we miss. Drinking Beverage

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
[+] 1 user Likes kim's post
24-10-2013, 12:11 PM
I told my coworker about this yesterday, and she asked, "And why do we need to know about this"?

24-10-2013, 12:16 PM
(24-10-2013 07:26 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  13.1 billion years old. 'Splain that YECs.

Story here.

Seriously... as stated in the story, the SOL is constant... we know without a doubt that the light from this galaxy is 13.1 billion years old.

Sheesh.

They will tell you it's wrong and then fail to explain why because facts do not matter to those people.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 1 user Likes Revenant77x's post
24-10-2013, 12:44 PM
(24-10-2013 12:11 PM)Raptor Jesus Wrote:  I told my coworker about this yesterday, and she asked, "And why do we need to know about this"?

Weeping

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
24-10-2013, 12:53 PM
(24-10-2013 07:26 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  13.1 billion years old. 'Splain that YECs.

Story here.

Sheesh.

Don't be ridiculous. Everyone knows the Bible is the Word of God and the Bible tells us that the heavens and the earth are 6,000 years old.

God said it!
I believe it!
That settles it!

Silly Scientists!!!! LaughatLaughatLaughatLaughatLaughatLaughatLaughatLaughatLaughatLaughatLaughat

Please pray for these lost souls!

"IN THRUST WE TRUST"

"We were conservative Jews and that meant we obeyed God's Commandments until His rules became a royal pain in the ass."

- Joel Chastnoff, The 188th Crybaby Brigade
06-11-2013, 01:41 PM
So how long does it take for a galaxy to form?

This is the signature.

http://www.FromNothingGameStudios.com