Scientology Commercial

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
26-03-2011, 01:59 PM
Scientology Commercial
I was on one of the social networking sites I frequent when I noticed an Ad near the nav bar, it was of course a scientology ad. It said "2 people? 20 people? 200 people? 200,000 people? do we need to keep going? ok how about 200,000,000. COULD 200,000,000 PEOPLE BE WRONG?! you decide..."

Hey brother christian, with your high and mighty errand, your actions speak so loud, I can't hear a word you're saying.

"This machine kills fascists..."

"Well this machine kills commies!"
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
26-03-2011, 02:23 PM
RE: Scientology Commercial
http://leavingscientology.wordpress.com/...gy-really/
This fellow claims to be a former scientologist and estimates their number at 45K. Article says he looked up the 2008 ARIS (American Religious Identification Survey) and the US gov't estimates 25K scientologists. Seems to me they be exaggerating.

Something something something Dark Side
Something something something complete
26-03-2011, 02:29 PM
Ignoring the exaggeration, its an argument from numbers, as if 200,000,000 people agreeing on something makes it right.

Hey brother christian, with your high and mighty errand, your actions speak so loud, I can't hear a word you're saying.

"This machine kills fascists..."

"Well this machine kills commies!"
26-03-2011, 02:54 PM
That's a good point. I was just amused that a cult with a total following the size of a big town or small city was claiming to have a following that is equivalent to almost 2/3 the size of the US population.

Something something something Dark Side
Something something something complete
26-03-2011, 03:43 PM

L. Ron Hubbard reminds me of Anton LaVey. (aka/ Howard Levey)
LaVey employed someone to Plagiarize what became the source materials for The Satanic Bible. (Nietzsche, Rand and Ragnar Redbeard's Might Is Right) Whereas Hubbard stole from this German source. (*I use to have the full detail of this material on my old computer. But alas it's gone the way of the burnt mother board Sad *)

Additional Link
Quote this message in a reply
26-03-2011, 05:26 PM
Scientology is more ignorant than christianity for sure.

The christians believe a book of bullshit written in ancient times by unknown authors, but scientologists believe in a book of bullshit written in modern times by a confirmed fiction writer. Does anyone know exactly how the fuck this happened?

[Image: sigone_zps207cf92c.png]
26-03-2011, 09:51 PM
(26-03-2011 05:26 PM)Cetaceaphile Wrote:  Scientology is more ignorant than christianity for sure.

The christians believe a book of bullshit written in ancient times by unknown authors, but scientologists believe in a book of bullshit written in modern times by a confirmed fiction writer. Does anyone know exactly how the fuck this happened?

L. Ron Hubbard created scientology to collect on a bet. He had bet someone that he could start a religion. The bet was for $5,000.

When I find myself in times of trouble, Richard Dawkins comes to me, speaking words of reason, now I see, now I see.
26-03-2011, 09:58 PM
But he's also a fiction writer... o-o I'm still baffled at how the hell it happened. People would have to more than simply stupid to believe it.

26-03-2011, 10:06 PM
Bingo, you just won the rubber duck.

When I find myself in times of trouble, Richard Dawkins comes to me, speaking words of reason, now I see, now I see.
26-03-2011, 10:23 PM
Eeeee!
*swims in circles, pushing the rubber duck along with his beak*