Scoffers

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
10-11-2014, 10:10 PM (This post was last modified: 11-11-2014 02:03 AM by Nintentacle.)
Scoffers
"There shall come in the last days scoffers, walking after their own lusts, and saying, Where is the promise of his coming? For since the fathers fell asleep, all things continue as they were from the beginning of the creation. For this they willingly are ignorant of, that by the word of God the heavens were of old, and the earth standing out of the water and in the water: Whereby the world that then was, being overflowed with water, perished: But the heavens and the earth, which are now, by the same word are kept in store, reserved unto fire against the day of judgment and perdition of ungodly men."

Edit: There. This thread proved the passage right.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
10-11-2014, 10:35 PM
RE: Scoffers
Slow down there spamboy!
[+] 4 users Like pablo's post
10-11-2014, 10:49 PM
Yeah, we've been scoffing for a couple thousand years now. We're about as scared about the end days now as they were back then. But, keep it up. I'm sure someday it'll happen. Drinking Beverage

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
[+] 2 users Like evenheathen's post
10-11-2014, 10:52 PM
Ahahahaha! Big Grin You are so goddamn cute OP. Why dontcha tell us a bit about yourself 'stead of doing the standing on street-corners thing? You know, people respond better if you talk *to* them and not *at* them.

What's so wrong with ignoring your violent, horrible God anyway? Even if I thought he existed I'd be right there scoffing away.

Here's a list of stupid stuff your God does:
  • He requires people to believe in him, then declines to provide any evidence
  • He punishes people eternally - hardly loving
  • He prohibits all sorts of natural human behaviour for no apparent reason
  • He orders massacres and genocide with gay abandon
  • His preferred punishment for any crime, and especially any crime involving disobeying his mad laws, is death
  • The evidence for events as described in the Bible is extremely scanty, outside of the Bible. For example Noah's global flood - no trace? Hmmm, sounds almost like it could be made up??? The 6000 year old creation? No reasonable evidence, just another magic story.
  • He apparently made the universe and is big and wise and can see the future and the past, yet he cares about monkeys stuck on a rock in a galaxy in the middle of nowhere? More particularly he cares where they stick their penises, and doesn't really like females of the species.

I could go on, and that's just off the top of my head. There are entire websites...

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 4 users Like morondog's post
[Image: img_0261.jpg]

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat

Are my Chakras on straight?
[+] 2 users Like Anjele's post
(10-11-2014 10:49 PM)evenheathen Wrote:  Yeah, we've been scoffing for a couple thousand years now. We're about as scared about the end days now as they were back then. But, keep it up. I'm sure someday it'll happen. Drinking Beverage
Did you just say what the verses said you would say on purpose? If so, nice touch. If you weren't intending to, that's just ironic. Tongue
10-11-2014, 10:53 PM
(10-11-2014 10:10 PM)Nintentacle Wrote:  "There shall come in the last days scoffers, walking after their own lusts, and saying, Where is the promise of his coming? For since the fathers fell asleep, all things continue as they were from the beginning of the creation. For this they willingly are ignorant of, that by the word of God the heavens were of old, and the earth standing out of the water and in the water: Whereby the world that then was, being overflowed with water, perished: But the heavens and the earth, which are now, by the same word are kept in store, reserved unto fire against the day of judgment and perdition of ungodly men."

Isn't it crazy something written so long ago can be read as if it were written today?

Nobody talks so constantly about God as those who insist that there is no God.
10-11-2014, 10:54 PM
Hey guys, you're scoffing right now! Maybe you guys should try proving the Bible wrong, and stop scoffing. Wink
10-11-2014, 10:54 PM
(10-11-2014 10:53 PM)FearKnowledge Wrote:  
(10-11-2014 10:10 PM)Nintentacle Wrote:  "There shall come in the last days scoffers, walking after their own lusts, and saying, Where is the promise of his coming? For since the fathers fell asleep, all things continue as they were from the beginning of the creation. For this they willingly are ignorant of, that by the word of God the heavens were of old, and the earth standing out of the water and in the water: Whereby the world that then was, being overflowed with water, perished: But the heavens and the earth, which are now, by the same word are kept in store, reserved unto fire against the day of judgment and perdition of ungodly men."

Isn't it crazy something written so long ago can be read as if it were written today?

Crazy is the perfect word for this shit.

Are you two a couple?

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat

Are my Chakras on straight?
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
10-11-2014, 10:57 PM
(10-11-2014 10:54 PM)Nintentacle Wrote:  Hey guys, you're scoffing right now! Maybe you guys should try proving the Bible wrong, and stop scoffing. Wink

The bible proves itself wrong.