Scoffers

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
10-11-2014, 10:58 PM
RE: Scoffers
(10-11-2014 10:54 PM)Nintentacle Wrote:  Hey guys, you're scoffing right now! Maybe you guys should try proving the Bible wrong, and stop scoffing. Wink

Wolfie, is that you? Wink

I hope that the world turns, and things get better. But what I hope most of all is that you understand what I mean when I tell you that, even though I do not know you, and even though I may never meet you, laugh with you, cry with you, or kiss you, I love you. With all my heart, I love you. - V for Vendetta
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like Smercury44's post
10-11-2014, 10:59 PM
(10-11-2014 10:53 PM)FearKnowledge Wrote:  Isn't it crazy something written so long ago can be read as if it were written today?

You mean all that stuff about battles and swords and stuff, yeah, happens every weekend Rolleyes

Or the lack of mention of cellphones...

Frikken written just yesterday, I swear.

FearKnowledge huh? Appropriate user name. Do you guys always sign up in pairs?

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
(10-11-2014 10:54 PM)Anjele Wrote:  
(10-11-2014 10:53 PM)FearKnowledge Wrote:  Isn't it crazy something written so long ago can be read as if it were written today?

Crazy is the perfect word for this shit.

Are you two a couple?

Meet The Spammers. Tongue
[+] 1 user Likes pablo's post
(10-11-2014 10:58 PM)Smercury44 Wrote:  
(10-11-2014 10:54 PM)Nintentacle Wrote:  Hey guys, you're scoffing right now! Maybe you guys should try proving the Bible wrong, and stop scoffing. Wink

Wolfie, is that you? Wink

Ten bucks says it is, but I highly doubt I'll find any takers Weeping

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[Image: Scoffing_a4393c_3709808.jpeg]

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
[+] 5 users Like Anjele's post
10-11-2014, 11:02 PM (This post was last modified: 10-11-2014 11:30 PM by evenheathen.)
(10-11-2014 10:52 PM)Nintentacle Wrote:  
(10-11-2014 10:49 PM)evenheathen Wrote:  Yeah, we've been scoffing for a couple thousand years now. We're about as scared about the end days now as they were back then. But, keep it up. I'm sure someday it'll happen. Drinking Beverage
Did you just say what the verses said you would say on purpose? If so, nice touch. If you weren't intending to, that's just ironic. Tongue

The verses were written with the "then" present day scoffers in mind. Had you told the authors of said verses we'd still be around today without any evidence of their claims, they would have scoffed!

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
[+] 2 users Like evenheathen's post
10-11-2014, 11:02 PM (This post was last modified: 10-11-2014 11:06 PM by Nintentacle.)
(10-11-2014 10:52 PM)morondog Wrote:  Here's a list of stupid stuff your God does:
  • He requires people to believe in him, then declines to provide any evidence

Romans 1:20
  • He punishes people eternally - hardly loving

People go to Hell because they willingly reject his offer of eternal life.
  • He prohibits all sorts of natural human behaviour for no apparent reason

Man in the likeness of God.
  • He orders massacres and genocide with gay abandon

Wicked people.
  • His preferred punishment for any crime, and especially any crime involving disobeying his mad laws, is death

Mad laws = Don't kill adultery, don't treat your slave with rigour, honor your parents, don't kill, don't steal?
  • The evidence for events as described in the Bible is extremely scanty, outside of the Bible. For example Noah's global flood - no trace? Hmmm, sounds almost like it could be made up??? The 6000 year old creation? No reasonable evidence, just another magic story.

You can look into it yourself.
  • He apparently made the universe and is big and wise and can see the future and the past, yet he cares about monkeys stuck on a rock in a galaxy in the middle of nowhere? More particularly he cares where they stick their penises, and doesn't really like females of the species.

So... you wouldn't care about your greatest creation?

I could go on, and that's just off the top of my head. There are entire websites...
This was probably useless, as you're going to continue to prove to OP right, but I felt I should try at least once
10-11-2014, 11:06 PM
(10-11-2014 11:02 PM)evenheathen Wrote:  
(10-11-2014 10:52 PM)Nintentacle Wrote:  Did you just say what the verses said you would say on purpose? If so, nice touch. If you weren't intending to, that's just ironic. Tongue

The verses were written with the present day scoffers in mind. Had you told the authors of said verses we'd still be around today without any evidence of their claims, they would have scoffed!
It was written about the last days, actually. Still, you said exactly what the author said you would said. That's extremely ironic if you weren't doing it on purpose.

"F**k the Bible. Jesus didn't come 1,000 years ago, so he's not coming at all!"
"The Bible said you would say that. You need to realize that 1,000 years to us is like 1 day to God."
10-11-2014, 11:07 PM
(10-11-2014 11:02 PM)Nintentacle Wrote:  
(10-11-2014 10:52 PM)morondog Wrote:  Here's a list of stupid stuff your God does:
  • He requires people to believe in him, then declines to provide any evidence

Romans 1:20
  • He punishes people eternally - hardly loving

People go to Hell because they willingly reject his offer of eternal life.
  • He prohibits all sorts of natural human behaviour for no apparent reason

Man in the likeness of God.
  • He orders massacres and genocide with gay abandon

Wicked people.
  • His preferred punishment for any crime, and especially any crime involving disobeying his mad laws, is death

Mad laws = Don't kill adultery, don't treat your slave with rigour, honor your parents, don't kill, don't steal?
  • The evidence for events as described in the Bible is extremely scanty, outside of the Bible. For example Noah's global flood - no trace? Hmmm, sounds almost like it could be made up??? The 6000 year old creation? No reasonable evidence, just another magic story.

You can look into it yourself.
  • He apparently made the universe and is big and wise and can see the future and the past, yet he cares about monkeys stuck on a rock in a galaxy in the middle of nowhere? More particularly he cares where they stick their penises, and doesn't really like females of the species.

So... you wouldn't care about your greatest creation?

I could go on, and that's just off the top of my head. There are entire websites...
This was probably useless, as you're going to continue to prove to OP right, but I felt I should try at least once

You tried, now go away.
10-11-2014, 11:07 PM
What kind of prophecy was that? You guys make up a book with talking snakes and donkeys as fact yet find it a prophecy that you have scoffers? That is like saying harry potter is real and then say it is a prophecy to get laughed at because of it.

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
[+] 2 users Like Metazoa Zeke's post