Scoffers

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
10-11-2014, 11:24 PM
RE: Scoffers
(10-11-2014 11:22 PM)Smercury44 Wrote:  
(10-11-2014 11:15 PM)Nintentacle Wrote:  "In the last days there will be scoffers."

"They will walk after their lust."

"They will say, that because Jesus did not come a long time ago, he's not coming at all"

"They are ignorant of the creation, the layer of water that used to be over the Earth, and the flood."

By what authority are these statements true? Please provide a reliable source. The folks around here don't much like non-credible sources.
Well, you're all scoffing.

If you looked into your own life yourself, you walk after your own lust.

Lots of Atheist say that since Jesus didn't come 1,000+ years ago when they thought he would, he's not going to come at all.

You are all ignorant of the creation, layer of water, and flood.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Nintentacle's post
10-11-2014, 11:25 PM
Spammy troll is spammy.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
10-11-2014, 11:27 PM
(10-11-2014 10:53 PM)FearKnowledge Wrote:  
(10-11-2014 10:10 PM)Nintentacle Wrote:  "There shall come in the last days scoffers, walking after their own lusts, and saying, Where is the promise of his coming? For since the fathers fell asleep, all things continue as they were from the beginning of the creation. For this they willingly are ignorant of, that by the word of God the heavens were of old, and the earth standing out of the water and in the water: Whereby the world that then was, being overflowed with water, perished: But the heavens and the earth, which are now, by the same word are kept in store, reserved unto fire against the day of judgment and perdition of ungodly men."

Isn't it crazy something written so long ago can be read as if it were written today?

You must be reading really shitty modern literature.

[Image: giphy.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes Tartarus Sauce's post
10-11-2014, 11:39 PM
(10-11-2014 10:52 PM)morondog Wrote:  Ahahahaha! Big Grin You are so goddamn cute OP. Why dontcha tell us a bit about yourself 'stead of doing the standing on street-corners thing? You know, people respond better if you talk *to* them and not *at* them.

What's so wrong with ignoring your violent, horrible God anyway? Even if I thought he existed I'd be right there scoffing away.

Here's a list of stupid stuff your God does:
  • He requires people to believe in him, then declines to provide any evidence
  • He punishes people eternally - hardly loving
  • He prohibits all sorts of natural human behaviour for no apparent reason
  • He orders massacres and genocide with gay abandon
  • His preferred punishment for any crime, and especially any crime involving disobeying his mad laws, is death
  • The evidence for events as described in the Bible is extremely scanty, outside of the Bible. For example Noah's global flood - no trace? Hmmm, sounds almost like it could be made up??? The 6000 year old creation? No reasonable evidence, just another magic story.
  • He apparently made the universe and is big and wise and can see the future and the past, yet he cares about monkeys stuck on a rock in a galaxy in the middle of nowhere? More particularly he cares where they stick their penises, and doesn't really like females of the species.

I could go on, and that's just off the top of my head. There are entire websites...

Do you only read the old testament which were laws only directed towards the Israelites? Do you not think an all knowing God wouldn't have a reason for the rules and guidelines he created for them? Even atheist scientists agree that the world's first race originated in the middle east. You think he's for killing? read the ten commandments. Back then there wasn't a way to atone for sins other than death. Until jesus came died on the cross so no one would have to die for their sins. If you read the new testament you will learn of the love you can find within God. God understood the first few generations would need the greatest help. You call yourself a monkey? We are the greatest species that we know of to this day. Cognitive thinking, reasoning, emotions, etc. I'm sorry you have such a deep resentment for a religion that if you fully understood only is to love. Don't look at a Christian as an example of how to live you life. Look at jesus. Helped and healed the poor, the weak, the needy, and looked down upon by the scholars and the rich. No one is expected to be perfect, but we are expected to seek the ultimate truth. And I'm sorry but you say Christians don't have any evidence. Well scientists have yet to prove the big bang and don't get me started on evolution. So many holes that are still yet to be filled. Blame the corruptness of this world on God. Yet without evil, free will couldn't exist. If God walked around here with us, who could deny him? Have faith my friend. All things said here are out of love.

Nobody talks so constantly about God as those who insist that there is no God.
10-11-2014, 11:42 PM
It is late and I'm tired, I shall scoff at you tomorrow.

But for now I wave my genitals in your general direction.

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 5 users Like Full Circle's post
10-11-2014, 11:44 PM
(10-11-2014 11:39 PM)FearKnowledge Wrote:  
(10-11-2014 10:52 PM)morondog Wrote:  Ahahahaha! Big Grin You are so goddamn cute OP. Why dontcha tell us a bit about yourself 'stead of doing the standing on street-corners thing? You know, people respond better if you talk *to* them and not *at* them.

What's so wrong with ignoring your violent, horrible God anyway? Even if I thought he existed I'd be right there scoffing away.

Here's a list of stupid stuff your God does:
  • He requires people to believe in him, then declines to provide any evidence
  • He punishes people eternally - hardly loving
  • He prohibits all sorts of natural human behaviour for no apparent reason
  • He orders massacres and genocide with gay abandon
  • His preferred punishment for any crime, and especially any crime involving disobeying his mad laws, is death
  • The evidence for events as described in the Bible is extremely scanty, outside of the Bible. For example Noah's global flood - no trace? Hmmm, sounds almost like it could be made up??? The 6000 year old creation? No reasonable evidence, just another magic story.
  • He apparently made the universe and is big and wise and can see the future and the past, yet he cares about monkeys stuck on a rock in a galaxy in the middle of nowhere? More particularly he cares where they stick their penises, and doesn't really like females of the species.

I could go on, and that's just off the top of my head. There are entire websites...

Do you only read the old testament which were laws only directed towards the Israelites? Do you not think an all knowing God wouldn't have a reason for the rules and guidelines he created for them? Even atheist scientists agree that the world's first race originated in the middle east. You think he's for killing? read the ten commandments. Back then there wasn't a way to atone for sins other than death. Until jesus came died on the cross so no one would have to die for their sins. If you read the new testament you will learn of the love you can find within God. God understood the first few generations would need the greatest help. You call yourself a monkey? We are the greatest species that we know of to this day. Cognitive thinking, reasoning, emotions, etc. I'm sorry you have such a deep resentment for a religion that if you fully understood only is to love. Don't look at a Christian as an example of how to live you life. Look at jesus. Helped and healed the poor, the weak, the needy, and looked down upon by the scholars and the rich. No one is expected to be perfect, but we are expected to seek the ultimate truth. And I'm sorry but you say Christians don't have any evidence. Well scientists have yet to prove the big bang and don't get me started on evolution. So many holes that are still yet to be filled. Blame the corruptness of this world on God. Yet without evil, free will couldn't exist. If God walked around here with us, who could deny him? Have faith my friend. All things said here are out of love.

That reads a whole lot like something Jeremy wrote a while back. Facepalm
10-11-2014, 11:45 PM
Stop scoffing and mocking the Bible? Well, until it's gets replaced with a Bible 2.0 which is less ridiculous and can actually substantiate any of it's claims (a major failing point of the current Bible), I have no other option but to respond with ridicule. So how about you start praying for your God to revise your Bible with some evidence, and after that happens, then the rest of us might stop laughing at your imaginary friends. Drinking Beverage

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 2 users Like EvolutionKills's post
10-11-2014, 11:49 PM
I'd like to point out that people have been scoffing at religion for as long as there's been religion. ChristInsanity is merely documenting a known phenomenon -- That people will snicker if you tell them ridiculous things with a straight face.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Astreja's post
(10-11-2014 11:06 PM)Nintentacle Wrote:  
(10-11-2014 11:02 PM)evenheathen Wrote:  The verses were written with the present day scoffers in mind. Had you told the authors of said verses we'd still be around today without any evidence of their claims, they would have scoffed!
It was written about the last days, actually. Still, you said exactly what the author said you would said. That's extremely ironic if you weren't doing it on purpose.

"F**k the Bible. Jesus didn't come 1,000 years ago, so he's not coming at all!"
"The Bible said you would say that. You need to realize that 1,000 years to us is like 1 day to God."

You missed the point, and I misspoke. By "present day scoffers" I meant those who were present in the author's day. There's no way they could imagine their jeebus not coming back for so long, with so much happening in the world without even one little whisper from god as to whether or not the prophecy is real. They would have scoffed at the thought.

It also seems very convenient that when making their extraordinary claims, the first thing they do is make sure to condemn anyone who would deny them. Then go one step further to make the claim that it would point at the end times if others should scoff at said claims. This puts fear into the hearts of anyone who might think it's bullshit, but don't have the testicular fortitude to think for themselves.

"The naysayers shall prove my bullshit!"

So like I said, the end times have been happening ever since these claims were written down. Every event in the world can be interpreted as another sign of prophecy. It's too fucking easy.

Except for the fact that they don't, and never have. Every thousand years that passes with less and less evidence for and more and more evidence against your bullshit is solid evidence of that fact.

There may be more people in the western world that reject the bible than ever before, but I'd be willing to bet that the number of people in the entire world that think the bible is bullshit has remained rather consistent since the first document of faith was first written. Think about that.

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
(10-11-2014 11:45 PM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  Stop scoffing and mocking the Bible? Well, until it's gets replaced with a Bible 2.0 which is less ridiculous and can actually substantiate any of it's claims (a major failing point of the current Bible), I have no other option but to respond with ridicule. So how about you start praying for your God to revise your Bible with some evidence, and after that happens, then the rest of us might stop laughing at your imaginary friends. Drinking Beverage
You will have absolutely no credibility with you argument against the Bible while you are proving the passage I showed correct by mocking the Bible. You can't say a claim (The scoffer prophecy) isn't true, while proving the claim is true, by saying it isn't (By scoffing).

There already is evidence, your heart is just blinded: "For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse: Because that, when they knew God, they glorified him not as God, neither were thankful; but became vain in their imaginations, and their foolish heart was darkened."