Scoffers

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
10-11-2014, 11:51 PM
RE: Scoffers
(10-11-2014 11:10 PM)Nintentacle Wrote:  
(10-11-2014 11:07 PM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  What kind of prophecy was that? You guys make up a book with talking snakes and donkeys as fact yet find it a prophecy that you have scoffers? That is like saying harry potter is real and then say it is a prophecy to get laughed at because of it.
But you are scoffing just like the prophecy said you would.

Did you understand my point, or do you argue just to win?

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
10-11-2014, 11:52 PM
Tell you what, Nintentacle: I'll consider the possibility that your god might be real if you can get it to ship a real, live Talking Snake™ to My house.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Astreja's post
11-11-2014, 12:00 AM
(10-11-2014 10:54 PM)Anjele Wrote:  
(10-11-2014 10:53 PM)FearKnowledge Wrote:  Isn't it crazy something written so long ago can be read as if it were written today?

Crazy is the perfect word for this shit.

Are you two a couple?

The laws of physics explain how a jet engine works but does not explain how it was created. Scientific laws were not in affect till after the big bang therefore could not cause the big bang. If you looked at a jet engine you wouldn't assume all the pieces collected together and created itself. Even if the primordial fireball existed which supposedly contained every element needed to create an infinite universe it doesn't explain how it came to such a point to where it explodes. And what people don't get is that energy disputes it's not eternal. Therefore something had to cause everything to come together at a very rapid rate. Just look it up.... You don't have to believe in Christianity, but everyone should know that there must have been an intelligent designer or embodied mind. YouTube leading evolutionist admits to an intelligent design. Or watch the movie expelled. Evolution proven? Not by a long shot. Most atheists don't even believe in evolution anymore. I'm sorry but for people that say the evidence is lacking for an intelligent designer. Look at the golden ratio. Look at the math. If you even changed one decimal of a neutron in its hundredth place the universe would cease to exist. Such fine tuning can only be attributed to a intelligent designer. UNLESS there were multiple universes which would greatly increase the odds of one of the universes to produce a habital planet. However the evidence for that would be... Oh wait... Nothing.

Nobody talks so constantly about God as those who insist that there is no God.
[+] 1 user Likes FearKnowledge's post
11-11-2014, 12:01 AM (This post was last modified: 11-11-2014 12:08 AM by Nintentacle.)
(10-11-2014 11:49 PM)evenheathen Wrote:  
(10-11-2014 11:06 PM)Nintentacle Wrote:  It was written about the last days, actually. Still, you said exactly what the author said you would said. That's extremely ironic if you weren't doing it on purpose.

"F**k the Bible. Jesus didn't come 1,000 years ago, so he's not coming at all!"
"The Bible said you would say that. You need to realize that 1,000 years to us is like 1 day to God."

You missed the point, and I misspoke. By "present day scoffers" I meant those who were present in the author's day. There's no way they could imagine their jeebus not coming back for so long, with so much happening in the world without even one little whisper from god as to whether or not the prophecy is real. They would have scoffed at the thought.

It also seems very convenient that when making their extraordinary claims, the first thing they do is make sure to condemn anyone who would deny them. Then go one step further to make the claim that it would point at the end times if others should scoff at said claims. This puts fear into the hearts of anyone who might think it's bullshit, but don't have the testicular fortitude to think for themselves.

"The naysayers shall prove my bullshit!"

So like I said, the end times have been happening ever since these claims were written down. Every event in the world can be interpreted as another sign of prophecy. It's too fucking easy.

Except for the fact that they don't, and never have. Every thousand years that passes with less and less evidence for and more and more evidence against your bullshit is solid evidence of that fact.

There may be more people in the western world that reject the bible than ever before, but I'd be willing to bet that the number of people in the entire world that think the bible is bullshit has remained rather consistent since the first document of faith was first written. Think about that.
The author clearly says "In the last days", not "As I am writing this."

The reason naysayers specifically prove the prophecy in 2 Peter 3, is because the prophecy was about them. It's similar to this:

Guy: "God told me my pastor would make an error, someone would point it out, and he would deny it and curse the person who pointed it out and say they are wrong. Then I would tell him God himself said he was wrong, and he would deny it."

Pastor: "Genesis 1:2 says "Let there be light"

Other guy: "Actually it says "And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters."

Pastor: "Wrong! I'm a pastor, I clearly know better than you! Do your own research and respect me."

Other guy: "You can look at the verse yourself"

Pastor: "I don't have to! May God curse you!"

1st guy: "Pastor, God revealed to me before I went to church that you would make an error and this would happen. God told me you would deny that you made an error."

Pastor: "No no no no no!!!! Wrong!"

Was the prophecy fulfilled?
11-11-2014, 12:02 AM
(11-11-2014 12:00 AM)FearKnowledge Wrote:  
(10-11-2014 10:54 PM)Anjele Wrote:  Crazy is the perfect word for this shit.

Are you two a couple?

The laws of physics explain how a jet engine works but does not explain how it was created. Scientific laws were not in affect till after the big bang therefore could not cause the big bang. If you looked at a jet engine you wouldn't assume all the pieces collected together and created itself. Even if the primordial fireball existed which supposedly contained every element needed to create an infinite universe it doesn't explain how it came to such a point to where it explodes. And what people don't get is that energy disputes it's not eternal. Therefore something had to cause everything to come together at a very rapid rate. Just look it up.... You don't have to believe in Christianity, but everyone should know that there must have been an intelligent designer or embodied mind. YouTube leading evolutionist admits to an intelligent design. Or watch the movie expelled. Evolution proven? Not by a long shot. Most atheists don't even believe in evolution anymore. I'm sorry but for people that say the evidence is lacking for an intelligent designer. Look at the golden ratio. Look at the math. If you even changed one decimal of a neutron in its hundredth place the universe would cease to exist. Such fine tuning can only be attributed to a intelligent designer. UNLESS there were multiple universes which would greatly increase the odds of one of the universes to produce a habital planet. However the evidence for that would be... Oh wait... Nothing.

So, is that a yes? You two are a couple.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
[+] 2 users Like Anjele's post
11-11-2014, 12:03 AM
(10-11-2014 11:39 PM)FearKnowledge Wrote:  Well scientists have yet to prove the big bang and don't get me started on evolution. So many holes that are still yet to be filled.

Because reading your Bible and having faith are such adequate preparation for criticising a scientific theory...

What makes you so confident to make statements like this? You've studied biology? You could read a paper on cosmology and understand it?

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
11-11-2014, 12:03 AM
(11-11-2014 12:02 AM)Anjele Wrote:  
(11-11-2014 12:00 AM)FearKnowledge Wrote:  The laws of physics explain how a jet engine works but does not explain how it was created. Scientific laws were not in affect till after the big bang therefore could not cause the big bang. If you looked at a jet engine you wouldn't assume all the pieces collected together and created itself. Even if the primordial fireball existed which supposedly contained every element needed to create an infinite universe it doesn't explain how it came to such a point to where it explodes. And what people don't get is that energy disputes it's not eternal. Therefore something had to cause everything to come together at a very rapid rate. Just look it up.... You don't have to believe in Christianity, but everyone should know that there must have been an intelligent designer or embodied mind. YouTube leading evolutionist admits to an intelligent design. Or watch the movie expelled. Evolution proven? Not by a long shot. Most atheists don't even believe in evolution anymore. I'm sorry but for people that say the evidence is lacking for an intelligent designer. Look at the golden ratio. Look at the math. If you even changed one decimal of a neutron in its hundredth place the universe would cease to exist. Such fine tuning can only be attributed to a intelligent designer. UNLESS there were multiple universes which would greatly increase the odds of one of the universes to produce a habital planet. However the evidence for that would be... Oh wait... Nothing.

So, is that a yes? You two are a couple.

The quote ignorance is bliss is way to accurate Smile. Thank you for you contribution to this forum.

11-11-2014, 12:06 AM
Take your preaching elsewhere. We aren't going to be swayed no matter how often you repeat yourselves.

You aren't the first to try but you are the among the most boring.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
11-11-2014, 12:06 AM
(11-11-2014 12:03 AM)morondog Wrote:  
(10-11-2014 11:39 PM)FearKnowledge Wrote:  Well scientists have yet to prove the big bang and don't get me started on evolution. So many holes that are still yet to be filled.

Because reading your Bible and having faith are such adequate preparation for criticising a scientific theory...

What makes you so confident to make statements like this? You've studied biology? You could read a paper on cosmology and understand it?

The Bible written by man. Scientific theories written by man. Me telling you my qualifications proves nothing. You want me to fax them over? What makes you qualified to disprove what I have said when like I said the evidence you have is just as not proven as a god.

11-11-2014, 12:08 AM (This post was last modified: 11-11-2014 12:13 AM by Stuffed_Assumption_Meringue.)
Well let us see what you have to say. (Formatted for clarity.)
(10-11-2014 10:52 PM)morondog Wrote:  Here's a list of stupid stuff your God does:
[*]He requires people to believe in him, then declines to provide any evidence

(10-11-2014 11:02 PM)Nintentacle Wrote:  Romans 1:20
Well Romans 1:20 is:
For since the creation of the world God’s invisible qualities—his eternal power and divine nature—have been clearly seen, being understood from what has been made, so that people are without excuse.

So where is god? The only mechanisms we've found in the world are unthinking and unchanging consequences of the interaction of matter and space. (Or the consequence of energy's existence. I'm admittedly not entirely clear on that point.)

So it's the Watchmaker arguement. Which is both retarded and not an arguement for your god. Just A god.

(10-11-2014 10:52 PM)morondog Wrote:  [*]He punishes people eternally - hardly loving

(10-11-2014 11:02 PM)Nintentacle Wrote:  People go to Hell because they willingly reject his offer of eternal life.
So why does that make it OK? Why is refusing to worship him/ it/ whatever punishable by an infinite harm?

Even if refusing to worship him/ it/ her/ whatever is infact diserving of punishment an infinite punishment is a textbook example of disproportionate retribution. Which is by definition, unjust.
(10-11-2014 10:52 PM)morondog Wrote:  [*]He prohibits all sorts of natural human behaviour for no apparent reason

(10-11-2014 11:02 PM)Nintentacle Wrote:  Man in the likeness of God.
I've got no idea if that's a coherent point. Either you're saying that humans are like god and so god also has these drives. (Which is a funny mental image.) Which doesn't explain why that behaviour isn't OK.

Or you're saying that that behaviour isn't OK because god said so. Which also isn't an explination, it's arbitrary.
(10-11-2014 10:52 PM)morondog Wrote:  [*]He orders massacres and genocide with gay abandon

(10-11-2014 11:02 PM)Nintentacle Wrote:  Wicked people.
So? Is it OK to kill somebody for being bad? How far along does the scale go? Is it then OK to kill somebody for not believing in the same god as you? Because then they go to hell without the chance to repent or "choose eternal life."

Any wicked person is apparently condemned by the same rationale so are you advocating that?

(10-11-2014 10:52 PM)morondog Wrote:  [*]His preferred punishment for any crime, and especially any crime involving disobeying his mad laws, is death

(10-11-2014 11:02 PM)Nintentacle Wrote:  Mad laws = Don't kill adultery, don't treat your slave with rigour, honor your parents, don't kill, don't steal?
Don't wear cotton and linen at the same time. Don't collect kindling on Saturdays/ Sundays. (It's not entirely clear.) Don't make statues of him or any other god out of gold. Don't cook a goat in a specific way. Don't beat your slave so hard that he dies within two days of the beating. Kill your kids if they disobey you. Kill people with dwarfism and midgets.

I can go on.
(10-11-2014 10:52 PM)morondog Wrote:  [*]The evidence for events as described in the Bible is extremely scanty, outside of the Bible. For example Noah's global flood - no trace? Hmmm, sounds almost like it could be made up??? The 6000 year old creation? No reasonable evidence, just another magic story.

(10-11-2014 11:02 PM)Nintentacle Wrote:  You can look into it yourself.
Provide an example of what evidence you accept as credible. Everybody Most of the people here have seen a slew of evidently false claims about this stuff. If you find it convincing you'd be doing us a service.

(10-11-2014 10:52 PM)morondog Wrote:  [*]He apparently made the universe and is big and wise and can see the future and the past, yet he cares about monkeys stuck on a rock in a galaxy in the middle of nowhere? More particularly he cares where they stick their penises, and doesn't really like females of the species.

(10-11-2014 11:02 PM)Nintentacle Wrote:  So... you wouldn't care about your greatest creation?
This strokes my ego and fuels my rampant chauvinism. Please continue on this tangent if nothing else.

(10-11-2014 11:02 PM)Nintentacle Wrote:  I could go on, and that's just off the top of my head. There are entire websites...

This was probably useless, as you're going to continue to prove to OP right, but I felt I should try at least once
Elaborate. Please. Literally everything you said was worth scoffing at.
(10-11-2014 11:52 PM)Astreja Wrote:  Tell you what, Nintentacle: I'll consider the possibility that your god might be real if you can get it to ship a real, live Talking Snake™ to My house.
If I can get in on this? I could feed my roommates rabbit to it and we would be awesome buddies. Actually the snake is Satan isn't it...

Even better. I'm apparently going there anyway so we could probably work out some kind of deal.

Soulless mutants of muscle and intent. There are billions of us; hardy, smart and dangerous. Shaped by millions of years of death. We are the definitive alpha predator. We build monsters of fire and stone. We bottled the sun. We nailed our god to a stick.

In man's struggle against the world, bet on the man.
[+] 3 users Like Stuffed_Assumption_Meringue's post